Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Cpying from subs to root

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.7

Cpying from subs to root

Postby Mazal » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:26 am

Lo guys , I have a strange question. Dunno if there is a command for what I want to do.
I have folders with audio files in each one. I want to copy all the files from every folder to another folder's root , but without creating the original folders. It must place all the files just in the root from the destination folder and don't create any folders in the destination.

Anybody know a command switch for something like this ?
-----------------------------
Core 2 Duo @ 3ghz E6850
4 Gig Ram
Mazal
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Re: Cpying from subs to root

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:38 am

Hello Mazal.

Command :D :D

Just use in terminal:
Code: Select all
gksudo nautilus

Now navigate to the music copy all =>go to root folder and past :D :D ;)

BTW - Mazal please use the Back in Time software to back up your music or what ever on the ROOT user ;)

Mazal here are some "Take away" commands that it is good to have with you all the time. ;)

gksudo nautilus
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo passwd root
apt-get check
apt-get -f install
apt-get autoclean
apt-get clean

sudo apt-get install apt-file
apt-file update

sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

sudo cp /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.backup

sudo cp -p /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list_backup

sudo apt-get install w32codecs

sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

sudo apt-get install sun-java6-fonts sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin

sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/hardy.list --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list

then add the Key code:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get update

apt-get -f install - try to fix broken packages
dpkg –configure -a - try to fix broken packages

Network

ifconfig - show network information
iwconfig - show wireless information
sudo iwlist scan - scan for wireless networks
sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart - reset network
(file) /etc/network/interfaces - manual configuration
ifup interface - bring interface online
ifdown interface - disable interface

And way not New wall for you <BREW> :D ;)

Admin-Amir wall-27.png
Admin-Amir

Postby Mazal » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:36 am

Hi Amir , thanx for all those handy commands. But you misunderstood what I need to do. That will copy the folders as well. I have for example folder name "music". In music is sub folders with artist names. In each of those a bunch of mp3's. Ok , now there is an empty folder called "files". Ok , I need to copy all the mp3 files to that empty folder but the folders must not be copied. Only the files themselves. In other words the destination folder must only contain all the mp3 files and none of the folders with the artist names. IE I don't want to navigate every single artist folder and copy the files one folder at a time. That destination folder must have no subfolders , all the files must be in the root of that destination folder.
Core 2 Duo @ 3ghz E6850
4 Gig Ram
Mazal
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:58 am

Mazal , it is very sample to do.

just open the folder of the music one,open one more workspace.
one the first workspace will be the open folder of your MP3 files (just the inside of the folder with out the folder).
one the second workspace will be open the ROOT "files" folder open (double click on the "files") and you have nothing there just open folder.
Now copy all your MP3 from the folder of "Music" after you have marked all the MP3 by left and hold click,
mark all the MP3 right click copy.
Then go to the other ROOT folder and past it inside of the "files" right click past.
And you have all your MP3 saved in the ROOT "files".

Hope I have gut what you ask for.
Admin-Amir

Postby Mazal » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:14 am

Nope , that just sounds like a straight drag and drop copy and again will copy all the folders over , unless I go and manually select all the mp3's inside each sub folder in the source and do each folder one by one (which is not what I want to do. (If I understood that correctly)

I have however found a way. It's actually so easy , I am so stupid. Got this of the Ubuntu forums:

Copy files without folder structure

Alt-F2
Code:
gnome-search-tool
Search for *.mp3 within the main folder you want.

Highlight all the files found in the search window and then drag and drop them where you want them to be.

A similar process can be done with Alt-F2
Code:

kfind

if you're using KDE.

Both Gnome and KDE's search tools will search recursively.

Can't believe I didn't think about this :D I am severely out of practice LOL :oops:
Core 2 Duo @ 3ghz E6850
4 Gig Ram
Mazal
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:25 am

Mazal it is the same process that I have try to Take you through.

If you have try my way and this way = they are the same.
And no one here on the Forum say ever that you are stupid . :roll:
For me this is the best,fast,safe way to copy and past all kind of files,images,MP3,Video etc.
So if they way that you have found is good for you I'm very happy for you ,
as long that it do the job well. ;)
Admin-Amir

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.7