Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

all these locks

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.7

all these locks

Postby JaSoN369 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:00 pm

Hello- i,m a first time user of Ultimate edition or linux . i,m having trouble with all these lock screen where they ask for my password i.e. startup there is some kind of keyring access and a admin. access one that drives me crazy. i disable the lock screen on startup under system->preferences->screensaver but that didnt seem to work. i,m sure this has been posted befor but i cant seem to find it. so if someone can help me with this problem i would appreciate it . Thanks in advance.
toshiba a505 s6960
Ultimate Edition 2.7 64bit
4 gig ram 800mhz
120 ocz agilty ssd-fw 1.6
2.10 intel core2duo
thanks, Jason
JaSoN369
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: all these locks

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:26 am

Hello JaSoN369 & welcome to the U.E Forum.

To disable the lock screen use Ubuntu tweak to get it done.
here is attach for you were it is in Ubuntu tweak:

Selection_001.png
Admin-Amir

Postby JaSoN369 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:41 pm

Admin-Amir thanks for your quick response. i try your suggestion in ubunto tweaks but nothing seems to change. Sorry if im wrong but it seems that any time i do anything i have to enter my password i.e.login, connect to the web,and change any settings. Do all users have this daunting task of constant lockscreens ?

update: i solved the login lock from another post-- still trying to disable the administration authenticity lock thanks for your help
toshiba a505 s6960
4 gig ram 800mhz
2.10 intel core2duo
thanks, Jason
JaSoN369
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:57 pm

Hello JaSoN369 .

You must understand that this is the way Linux work!
you have to Enter your pass on all the Administration work,
Do not try to work wrong with Linux, This is not MS!
This is the way of the security of the Linux systems work to protect the system from all what MS has.
Admin-Amir

Postby JaSoN369 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:04 am

thanks for all your help. like i said im a first time user and wanted to make sure i wasnt missing anything. im sure ill get used to it after a week or so. thanks again
toshiba a505 s6960
4 gig ram 800mhz
2.10 intel core2duo
thanks, Jason
JaSoN369
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.7