Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Where are the programs actually installed?

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.7

Where are the programs actually installed?

Postby mirchichamu » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:16 am

I would like to know where is the program folder? I wanted some programs to add to start up but couldn't find the program? How can I add program to startup? Thanks.
mirchichamu
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Where are the programs actually installed?

Postby Cell » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:36 pm

Most of the installed programs are in /usr/bin and /usr/sbin./usr/local/bin should have all the goodies you compiled yourself.

Cell
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby mirchichamu » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:02 pm

Cell wrote:Most of the installed programs are in /usr/bin and /usr/sbin./usr/local/bin should have all the goodies you compiled yourself.

Cell

Thank you Cell.
mirchichamu
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:12 pm

Here's a diagram of the system, from here http://www.linuxconfig.org/Filesystem_Basics
Directory-Filesystem-Hierarchy-Standard.jpg

I have another graphical display map of the system somewhere. Beats me where it is right now though.
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby mirchichamu » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:43 am

2hot6ft2 wrote:Here's a diagram of the system, from here http://www.linuxconfig.org/Filesystem_Basics
Directory-Filesystem-Hierarchy-Standard.jpg

I have another graphical display map of the system somewhere. Beats me where it is right now though.
<BREW>

Thanks for the help.
Now that I wanted to add firestarter to start up programs, I get a message at start up that I should be having root administrator privileges to start this program. How can I do that so that the firestarter start by its own on start up. Thanks.
mirchichamu
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:48 pm

mirchichamu.

Do not ever and never add Firestarter to the auto start the program!!!
you need to manual start the Firewall with the ROOT password.
The ROOT password is the user password /If you did not add NEW password for your ROOT ACC.

way?

well if Firestarter will start Auto then the attacker will have easy life to log into your machine,
He do not have to insert the password of the User/ROOT to bypass it right.
So this is from the things that you do not do ever and never please.
Admin-Amir

Postby mirchichamu » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:57 pm

Admin-Amir wrote:mirchichamu.

Do not ever and never add Firestarter to the auto start the program!!!
you need to manual start the Firewall with the ROOT password.
The ROOT password is the user password /If you did not add NEW password for your ROOT ACC.

way?

well if Firestarter will start Auto then the attacker will have easy life to log into your machine,
He do not have to insert the password of the User/ROOT to bypass it right.
So this is from the things that you do not do ever and never please.

Well thanks once again for the great tip. I wanted that just in case I forgot to switch on my firestarter.
mirchichamu
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:40 pm

mirchichamu wrote:Well thanks once again for the great tip. I wanted that just in case I forgot to switch on my firestarter.

No need to start it each time. Once you set it up it writes the rules you create to the iptables and they are in effect at each boot. iptables is the actual firewall, firestarter is just a GUI front end to make it easier to configure the iptables.
;)
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby mirchichamu » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:56 am

2hot6ft2 wrote:
mirchichamu wrote:Well thanks once again for the great tip. I wanted that just in case I forgot to switch on my firestarter.

No need to start it each time. Once you set it up it writes the rules you create to the iptables and they are in effect at each boot. iptables is the actual firewall, firestarter is just a GUI front end to make it easier to configure the iptables.
;)

Thank you very much 2hot6ft2 for the great tip.
mirchichamu
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby mirchichamu » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Sorry to bother again BUT I cannot see this iptable in any process manager? OR it is with other name?
mirchichamu
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.7