Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Laptop issues post here please.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.7

Re: Laptop issues post here please.

Postby billhedrick » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:58 pm

will try that, but the live disk doesn't even boot! I think the hardware may not like Ultimate Edition, I am gonna try booting it with a different Live Disk
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:01 pm

billhedrick,

It is more likely that you have MS file system on the HDD,
So if the parted magic will boot and run - U.E will work too.
Admin-Amir

Postby billhedrick » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:32 pm

thanks will try that
The laptop is a little odd anyway. I don't think this is the one I will end up with, it won't shut down in XP, I have to manually shut it down. I think the hardware is not so good anymore.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:40 pm

billhedrick,

So try to install the 2.3 this is more like the stable for the machine ,
and it will cover the old Hardware.
it is your choice there just don't end with MS on it ;)
Admin-Amir

Broadcom Wireless Card Workaround

Postby Gorki Z Kaprem » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:58 pm

I installed Ultimate Edition 2.7 on my Acer Aspire 9410-2079. I had previously installed 2.6, but wanted to try the latest. Rather than an upgrade, I backed up my important files, then did a clean install.
Once installation was completed, I could not access the internet. It seems like many Debian based linuxes, especially those variatons of Ubuntu, have a hard time with Broadcom wireless cards.
I found this workaround on the internet, and it got me going:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall bcmwl-kernel-source

The program and associated dependencies were already installed, according to Synaptic. However, it seems like for some reason it has to be reinstalled before the Broadcom wireless card is sensed, and you can configure your connection and access the internet.
Hopefully this will help other frustrated users. Perhaps the program department can see if there is a way to patch this, so that a reinstall isn't needed.
Gorki Z Kaprem
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.5

Postby tuxdapagess » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:06 pm

Hello all I'm tuxdapagess and recently bought a sony vaio model numer Vpccw21fx equipped with a i3 330m @ 2.16 Ghz processor with hyperthreading enabled and 4 gigs of DDr3 ram working @1333 mhz and equipped with a 256 megabyte nvidida GEforce with Cuda Graphivcs card. sofar when I try to install 2.7 from a usb stick it fails can someone please help me so I can sucessfully dual boot this vaio that houses a 500.1gig drive alongside win 7 home premium thanks tuxdapgess!
tuxdapagess
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Admin-Amir » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Hello tuxdapagess and welcome to the U.E Forum.

First you need to point the BOOT from your BIOS to the USB stick,
just hop that you have made partition UNALLOCATED for the U.E installation.
you can not install Linux on the MS file system.
So you need First to make partition for Linux at the end of your HDD.
Give the partition 30 Gig of space for the installation,and point the installation to the Linux partition.

Good Luck.
Admin-Amir

Postby ump001 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:49 pm

hi,

Am new to Ultimate Edition 2.7, liking it a lot so far. Have been a standard Ubuntu for about a year or so now.

Hopefully this isn't a difficult one, but i can't seem to hibernate Ultimate Edition, the laptop just boots the OS like a normal bootup. I have Dell E6500. I dont think its an issue with my swap space, i have 5gb available. Can anyone help me run through some checks to see if all is ok?

The hibernation feature worked fine in the standard ubuntu version. Anything i can do to get this sorted?

Thanks.
ump001
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:39 am

Hello ump001.

Please look under Ubuntu tweak (install the latest package from there site).

Under Advanced for the place to mark the hibernate.

Selection_001.png
Admin-Amir

Postby ump001 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:46 pm

hi,

Have enabled Hibernation in Ubuntu Tweak, but this hasn't helped, anything else i can try?

Thanks.
ump001
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.7