Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Software issues in Ultimate 2.7 post here.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.7

Re: Software issues in Ultimate 2.7 post here.

Postby maxmojo53 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:51 pm

Hello all,

I'm just curious. I notice that the Java plugin is now icedtea. Is this a new change? I presume the reason is that icedtea is open source or does it provide new capabilities? I am having no problems with it and wont change unless I have some reason to. I know TheeMan has our best interests at heart, but I was wondering if he (or someone else) would care to comment.

max
Core 2 Quad Q9400
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P
Nvidia GTS 250 1024
2-500gb SATA, 1-260gb SATA, 1- 500gb Free Agent
8gb Corsair mem. Happague PVR-150 TV Capture card
Ultimate Edition 2.9 64, Windows 7
maxmojo53
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:32 pm

Icedtea is the plugin for OpenJDK the open source java alternative just like you figured it was. No new capabilities that I know of but maybe once it matures a bit more it might have but I have no idea what that might be.
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:21 pm

Hello skyman.

you can do A shortcut with FireFox on the Mplayer on the net.
Just add the plug in of "mediaplayerconnectivity" to FireFox, then use the wizard (3 next,next) and you done. ;)
Admin-Amir

Postby bunker85 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:49 am

Hope this is the right place to post this. I am relatively new to Linux, but the only versions I have tried so far has been Ultimate. 2.5, 2.6, and now 2.7. My I.T. experience is varied. I started with CP/M, MS-DOS, Vax-VMS, MS.
The reason I moved to Linux was for it's ease of use, adaptability and general eye candy if that makes sense.
I installed 2.7 last week and have been very impressed with it. My system runs ultra fast and I have no complaints, and I can also see why a certain Redmond company would be very worried. But enough of that.
This morning I powered up the system and the following message appeared. "The login keyring did not get unlocked when you logged into your computer" . I have left my system as stock since I installed it, and have changed nothing. I set it up to auto-login from the start, only using the password for administrative tasks. Can you please tell me why this would happen and possibly how I might remedy the situation.

My System: Self Build using iCute Tower Chassis
I changed from the 64bit to 32bit os due to ATI issues I experienced.

OS: Ultimate Linux 2.7 32bit 2.6.32-22-generic-pae (#36-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 3 23:14:23 UTC 201
MBrd: ASUS P5Q SE PLUS
Proc: Intel Quad Core Extreme 3.00 (Q6850)
RAM: 4Gb 800Mhz DDR2
Vid: ATI Radeon4870 (1Gb)
HD: 1Tb ST31000528AS (7.2K rpm)
HD: 500Gb HDS725050KLA360 (7.2k rpm)
DVD: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH20N
DVD: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203N

Regards and thanks.....Kevin
Last edited by bunker85 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
System
Home build
iCute Black Tower
ASUS P5Q SE PLUS
Corsair 400W PSU
Intel(R)Core(TheeMahn)2Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz
4Gb 800 Mhz Infineon
nVidia GeForce GTX 285 1Gb @ 300Mhz
WD 1Tb 7200k
WD 750Gb 7200k
TSST CD/DVDW SH-S203N
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH20N

Ultimate Edition 4.2 Lite LTS
Kernel 3.13.0-37-generic 64 Bit
bunker85
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:36 am

Hello bunker85 welcome to the U.E Forum.

Kevin, let me try to add some sense on your issue.
Linux - Ultimate Edition has to be safe for the user that Running the system.
Protection of the computer starts from the user's password protection of computer working parts.
Not only on the terminal.
Both package manager, Fire Wall ...
Now when you mark the option of auto-login = MS User right?
But what is the connection between the security to the auto - login?
OK - when you mark the option of auto - login ,the security of your machine will be very low.
way?
1- and person that come to your machine can work/damage the machine very easily right?
2- If your machine will be attack from the net what will stop the attacker?
3- when you auto - login ,then the Firewall OR will be off,OR not working at all right :?
4- when you auto login to the system the security will allow some things that you personalty will not allow,
and it is kind of open the door to who ever want to use the machine.....

For someone that use to work with MS it is like WHAT.... right.
when you come to Linux you need to monitor any steps that made OR has made on the machine.
you need to add your self the permission to work with all the system options.
you have to insert your ROOT pass for the action that you ask to make - for your own safety.
and it is important that you will get the understanding on the security in Linux.

So is this make sense to you to save your machine and be protected?
Hope it is Kevin.
Admin-Amir

Postby bunker85 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:04 am

Hi Amir,
Thank you for the explaination. It was just that the message had never appeared before, and I changed nothing on the system. Is this a new security feature in Linux? Can I make it go away? I'm ex-military and have a set down procedure for everything I do. Everything in it's place at the right time. I always switch on the firewall before accessing the web. I am always extremely careful in anything I do with regard to the Internet and other peoples access to this system. This is why I switched to Linux even while working for a company who use MS as their main OS. I got fed up of the AV software killing the performance of my Broadband and the restrictions/policies in place due to Internet Security. I love the fact that I can work at home on documents, spreadsheets and such. Stick them on a pen drive and be able to continue to use them on other systems. This a truly wonderful OS/Environment to work with which has really impressed me. There are just a few areas I need to become accustomed to, and I can't see me changing to another OS ever. Sorry if I tend to waffle, but I want to continue using Linux and become comfortable with it.
Regards
Kevin
System
Home build
iCute Black Tower
ASUS P5Q SE PLUS
Corsair 400W PSU
Intel(R)Core(TheeMahn)2Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz
4Gb 800 Mhz Infineon
nVidia GeForce GTX 285 1Gb @ 300Mhz
WD 1Tb 7200k
WD 750Gb 7200k
TSST CD/DVDW SH-S203N
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH20N

Ultimate Edition 4.2 Lite LTS
Kernel 3.13.0-37-generic 64 Bit
bunker85
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:54 am

Hi Amir,

So for ex-military I will say this to you Kevin,Did you have look into my Guide of the 2.7?
If the Answer is yes,Then go to system=>users and Groups=>click it then - password ask on log in.
There in the right you will have the option to insert password for the log in and to add more permissions .

Selection_001.png

Then restart your machine and see if that make it go away.

And it is good to have you with us on board Kevin.
Keep us update on the issue please.

Thank you.
Amir.
Admin-Amir

Wine Software - Warcraft III Frozen Throne and Garena.exe

Postby wer0ckz » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:36 am

hi guys.

im not sure if this is the right place to post my problem. I'm trying to run a windows game using wine called War.exe or Warcraft III Frozenthrone. I was able to open the program successfully. When the program starts to open, it was fine and fast for about 2-4 secs only, but after 2-4 secs, the cursor and the program it self runs very very slow, when i typed my name in the box its really slow. Please help me how to fix this problem.

And the program Garena.exe for online RGP games, It wont open the program.

Please help guys.

Thanks in advance
wer0ckz
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am

Hello wer0ckz.

First the right place to post this issue will be on Gamers/wine/PlayOnLinux. ;)

Now for your issue,did you have update/upgrade your system?
Did you have install all the support for the PlayOnLinux? Direct X ,Flash , Java...
If not well here is the First part of your Answer , The second part will be - Try to run it from PlayOnLinux.
You can install Games Directly from PlayOnLinux - look on the Games List there please.
Admin-Amir

Postby wer0ckz » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:05 am

hi admin thanks for the reply.

i tried this article http://www.chaohan.com/node/179 about using playonlinux but i end up with a fatal error message from war3.exe i cant open the program.

i also tried running home/user/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/WarcraftIII/drive_c/Program Files/Warcraft III and double-click the Frozen Throne.exe and it opens the game but its very very slow.
wer0ckz
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.7