Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Nvidia Video Cards issues please post here.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.7

Re: Nvidia Video Cards issues please post here.

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:51 pm

Hello mcgo.

I don´t believe you understood the intent of my message, we would all have been far happier
if Ultimate Edition 2.7 had launched 2 monthes from now with a definitive solution to the Nvidia issue than
the current need to re-engineer a solution post-download. I really don´t know what portion of
Ultimate Edition users have Nvidia cards, 40-50%, but to deny it´s a major issue is a real bummer, nothing personal!

MCGO - and I´m not going stop using Ultimate Edition!

First, I understand where you are going , and I think the solution given by blackwolf Forum 2.6 works.
Now let's make some order here it looks like you're confusing the between the U.E and developers of drivers and .
All Linux systems working with the Drivers that the developers write for cards Nvidia.
The ultimate Edition systems working on the based of Ubuntu and Debian .
We do not write the drivers, they are reservoirs I mentioned here,
We find adjustments and solutions for our users by working around the driverץ
Sometimes it is not exactly like who wrote it to fits the existing kernel level.
we try to Contribute a better solution and Advice on higher kernel to solve the issue,
that we did not made from the First place.
So this is not the guilty of the ultimate system or TheeMahn or the site's support team.

I wish things would work better from the developers,
but we try to find creative solutions for the ultimate user that was not provided in advance by the existing kernel developers.

Hope I have Answer your question.
Admin-Amir

Postby mcgo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:36 pm

Admin-Amir wrote:Hello mcgo.

I don´t believe you understood the intent of my message, we would all have been far happier
if Ultimate Edition 2.7 had launched 2 monthes from now with a definitive solution to the Nvidia issue than
the current need to re-engineer a solution post-download. I really don´t know what portion of
Ultimate Edition users have Nvidia cards, 40-50%, but to deny it´s a major issue is a real bummer, nothing personal!

MCGO - and I´m not going stop using Ultimate Edition!

First, I understand where you are going , and I think the solution given by blackwolf Forum 2.6 works.
Now let's make some order here it looks like you're confusing the between the U.E and developers of drivers and .
All Linux systems working with the Drivers that the developers write for cards Nvidia.
The ultimate Edition systems working on the based of Ubuntu and Debian .
We do not write the drivers, they are reservoirs I mentioned here,
We find adjustments and solutions for our users by working around the driverץ
Sometimes it is not exactly like who wrote it to fits the existing kernel level.
we try to Contribute a better solution and Advice on higher kernel to solve the issue,
that we did not made from the First place.
So this is not the guilty of the ultimate system or TheeMahn or the site's support team.

I wish things would work better from the developers,
but we try to find creative solutions for the ultimate user that was not provided in advance by the existing kernel developers.

Hope I have Answer your question.

OK, here I go again on the way to getting blackballed! Who want´s to know about a solution in 2.6,
this is 2.7 and was supposed to fix things. Let´s move on and maybe TheeMann will take a look 8^))

MCGO - a lot more than being a little angry, have a nice day 8^))
mcgo
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby t77 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:20 pm

I had the same problem and then completed the updates with update manager and ran the script again and it worked.

download driver and place in your home directory

ctrl alt f2

sudo service gdm stop

cd /home/YOUR USER NAME

sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64 (driver name)

when done do a: sudo service gdm start

Expecting the driver to work easier in a newer edition is a good point however after working with Nvidia, Microsoft, and LCD TV's I've watched it go from fair to worse. Windows 7, hdmi, and digital rights apparently take priority over customer satisfaction.
t77
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby OldSmoke » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:39 pm

how i got nvidia to work in 2.7 with the latest drivers
step 1 install and boot into the 2.6.32.21 kernel
step 2 open synaptic and uninstall the 2.6.32.22 kernel i rebooted after this
step 3 run the update using synaptic or the update manager and install the newer 2.6.32.22 kernel and reboot to select
step 4 i use https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates to get the latest nvidia beta drivers but you could now also use synaptic to install the 195 versions
step 5 run from a terminal sudo nvidia-xconfig
step 6 reboot
step 7 for sli only as i have 2 nvidia 9500gt so now i run from a terminal sudo nvidia-xconfig --sli=on then my final reboot and all is well ..........

directions on how to add the ppa are on their website.

hope this helps somebody

Ultimate 2.7 rocks as do all the Ultimate versions
thanks for all the fun to all in the credits upon install
OldSmoke
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:56 pm

OldSmoke wrote:how i got nvidia to work in 2.7 with the latest drivers
step 1 install and boot into the 2.6.32.21 kernel
step 2 open synaptic and uninstall the 2.6.32.22 kernel i rebooted after this
step 3 run the update using synaptic or the update manager and install the newer 2.6.32.22 kernel and reboot to select
step 4 i use https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates to get the latest nvidia beta drivers but you could now also use synaptic to install the 195 versions
step 5 run from a terminal sudo nvidia-xconfig
step 6 reboot
step 7 for sli only as i have 2 nvidia 9500gt so now i run from a terminal sudo nvidia-xconfig --sli=on then my final reboot and all is well ..........

directions on how to add the ppa are on their website.

hope this helps somebody

Ultimate 2.7 rocks as do all the Ultimate versions
thanks for all the fun to all in the credits upon install

That makes for a nice simple how to OldSmoke. Thanks for sharing it. Sometimes we make things sound more complex than they need to be and forget to keep it simple.
You're welcome from the team.
Have fun and enjoy it.
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Postby KherKhere » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:39 am

none of these Ways cant help me , i still have Problem with my NVIDIA :(

Admin Amir help me please .
KherKhere
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby kachilda » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:26 am

All this sounds like great advice with one major flaw; when it comes to working in the terminal I'm an idiot. I know just enough to be dangerous and usually evan with directions that I'm sure are crystal clear to others end up screwing it all up; and not in a good way. So what I need is Nvidia upgrade instructions for Dummy's or idiots. Take your pick With lots of pictures if possible please. I run Integrated Nvidia Gforce 82 and stand alone Nvidia geforce 84 In SLI mode from the BIOS. Any helpful suggestions or good links? Love the Distro Cluts at the command line. Thank's for your help. O side note here I'm running Ultimate 2.7 64 bit Thanks again.
kachilda
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby kachilda » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:47 am

Though I think MCGO Is being a bit testy (After all he paid what $50 $100 $200 for ultimate? Um how much did it cost) I do have to agree with him on one thing. I would have gladly waited a few months longer to not have the video card problems in the next release of ultimate and would gladly wait a few extra months if need be for the next release of Ultimate to go through a couple of beta releases to make sure most of the bugs are worked out. The ultimate team does awesome work but Its ok to ask for help smashing the little bugs that pop up now and then. All the commercial distros do it hell evan Microsoft is doing it. If you don't want to have it beta tested before final releases it's your baby and I respect your decision I just think it would be a good idea.
kachilda
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Hello KherKhere,

First sorry for the late Reply for you post do to Family issues.
I have just one question for you - did you have upgrade the Kernel?
Try the post of the upgrade to the Kernel and see if this will solve the issue for you.
we (The Team at this point of time works with the 2.6.35 Kernel/2.6.34 Kernel) and all good there.
So hope this will get your card to work for you.

kachilda,

Just for the info for you.
we do beta test for every U.E before the ISO is done to Final.
we do all the tests with all the workaround that we can for the users.
There is issue with the Ubuntu Drivers/The Dev Drivers for Linux the we can not fix for them,
This is the part that the Dev Team has to fix the bugs that they have create with the package.
TheeMahn fix allot of Ubuntu mess in every Distro that come out in Public.
If you will read in the forum you can see that bugs/packages from Ubuntu that do not match the Kernel are the real issues with the Ubuntu base.
This is gut nothing to do with the U.E Team OR TheeMahn
Admin-Amir

Postby giocarra » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:19 am

Hi everyone.
Not sure to be in the right section of the Forum.
I'm pretty new to Ultimate Edition since this mornig I downloaded it and installed it.
After a while I activated Nvidia current driver and all is going fine.
This afternoon, when UE2.7 , is mounting ( few seconds after the boot) I receive this message : " KEYS:Press S to skip mounting or M for manual recovery"

I press "S" and all goes fine, but I would like not to have such annoying warning, if possibile.

Thanks in advance for your kind answer
Apologize for my bad English.

giocarra
giocarra
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.7