Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Network Issues - please post here.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.7

Re: Network Issues - please post here.

Postby aviduser » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:07 pm

UPDATE: Broadcom, modprobe b44

Hello again, I just wanted to post this update for anyone who had the same problem as I. I thought the command: sudo modprobe b44 was my final solution. After further testing I found it was only a solution until I reboot.

So to load the module during boot-up I had to enter in a terminal: sudo gedit /etc/modules
and add "b44" in the this list of modules to load at boot. :)

So this seems to be the final solution. In any case I still found Ultimate Edition to be the best out of box experience I ever had.
aviduser
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:45 am

Hello aviduser.

Thank you for the support info & your solution for the users. <BREW> ;)
Admin-Amir

Postby newmusic » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:52 am

I have 2 issues here:

1. Even when my browser is closed and email client is closed, my modem still shows signs of downl/upload activity - please see scrrenshot of conky.

2. When I download the same file from mediafire, firefox only lets me download at approx 25KB/s. FatRat allows me to dl at approx 55KB/s. But if I download in WINDOWS using Free Download Manager, I can dl at 380KB/s.
I have tried this on different days at different times and always get the same approximate results. What should take 20 minutes, takes an hour to download.
Attachments
snapshot1.png
newmusic
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby marty6 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi,

I tried to network my linux box to a windows xp box and edited my networking to where I can't get back onto the internet or login to skype. Is there a way to 'reset' my internet connection?

marty6

Update: Just figure it out .. unplugged the connection, rebooted, and now it works...
mobo: asus p5q3 dlx w/wifi
Processor: intel core 2 quad q9650 3.0ghz
ram: corsair xms3 dhx 8 gig ram 1600 (pc 12800)
Vid card: evga gtx 260 896 mb
1st hdd: Windows Vista x64
2nd hdd: Storage Drive
3rd hdd: UU3.5.1 <-- trying to get there
marty6
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.5 32 BIT

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:40 am

newmusic wrote:I have 2 issues here:

1. Even when my browser is closed and email client is closed, my modem still shows signs of downl/upload activity - please see scrrenshot of conky.

2. When I download the same file from mediafire, firefox only lets me download at approx 25KB/s. FatRat allows me to dl at approx 55KB/s. But if I download in WINDOWS using Free Download Manager, I can dl at 380KB/s.
I have tried this on different days at different times and always get the same approximate results. What should take 20 minutes, takes an hour to download.

It might help if we knew what network adapter you have. From what you've given we don't even know if it's wired or wireless connection.
Might give the firefox add on DownThemAll a shot. It's a lot like Free Download Manager in the way it works.
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Postby jlopez777 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:30 am

Hi I am using a dell latitude d610 and in the live cd it is able to install restricted drivers and I am able to use restricted drivers...however when installed, it says that there are no proprietary drivers being used, thus, I cannot install the restricted drivers, hence not use my wireless. I installed twice, once not installing restricted wireless driver during live session and got nothing. then I used driver in live session then installed thinking i gotta install the driver while running live then install but still got nothing. i LOVE Ultimate Edition but HATE when things don't work. It gets me thinking what other things may or may not work when I need them the most. Mind you, I have got the wireless working without ethernet on other laptop.

I installed the wireless driver via the live dvd after installation via "pool/restricted/b/" and while it says its installed, i still get nothing.

any help would be appreciated. Should i go to 2.6?
jlopez777
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:35 pm

Hi jlopez777, and welcome to the forum,

It might help to know which adapter your dell latitude d610 has. It shows 4 possibilities here on the specs. page under Tech Specs. > Communications
http://www.dell.com/us/en/dfb/nb_scrn_1 ... s=28&s=dfb

Intel PRO Wireless 2200 WLAN (802.11b/g)
Intel PRO Wireless 2915 WLAN (802.11a/b/g)
Dell Wireless 1350 WLAN (802.11b/g)
Dell Wireless 1450 WLAN (802.11a/b/g)

In win 7
MS Logo > search field type in msinfo32 and press Enter
Then go to System Summary > Components > Network > Adapter
or Ultimate Edition
Applications > Accessories > Terminal
and type in
Code: Select all
lspci -vv

find the adapter in the list and get the code which will be like ab07:1234 then do a google search to find out the chipset it's using.
Or if you just want to try troubleshooting the Windows Wireless Driver "ndiswrapper" there is this guide:
Comprehensive ndiswrapper troubleshooting guide
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Postby jlopez777 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Thanks, but after the weekend, I ended up using Super OS which didn't give me any issues with wireless. It sucks bc Ultimate Edition has really grown on me quickly but time was an issue. If I decide to take bail on Super OS this week I will give Ultimate Edition another go.

I currently use Ultimate Edition on my main office desktop (and LOVE IT!) I just need to get my logitech webcam c260 to work and I will be perfectly happy. Thanks for the help though.
jlopez777
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:22 pm

Hello jlopez777.

I currently use Ultimate Edition on my main office desktop (and LOVE IT!) I just need to get my logitech webcam c260 to work and I will be perfectly happy. Thanks for the help though.

please look into the Multimedia Guide for the webcam package and see all the packages that you need to install on your system + you can use the search for the package of quickcam and install the package.
Then you have some more support with logitech in the search in synaptic for webcam support.
Admin-Amir

Postby rickzoll » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:53 pm

Help with USB Network device. Dlink DWA 160A 802.11n is the device. Seems to connect ok without security but I'm not sure how to set the security. The security works fine for the built-in "g" device but I wanted to see if the "n" device got me better performance for video data. I have limited experience with linux but I have been using it for 8+ years, mainly Ultimate, and other debian-based releases.

The hot-spot I'm connecting to is my D-link DIR-655. Security settings is WPA-Personal with a long key. And as I said, it works fine with builtin "g" network wireless adapter.

Running UE2.7 now.

tia, rick
HP Pavillion dv9620us laptop dual boot to Ultimate Edition V3.4 64 bit and Vista. 1.9 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-58 processor, dual hard drives,120 GB, 64GB SSD, 2 GB RAM, LightScribe dual-layer DVD drive - 54g Wi-Fi (802.11b/g); 10/100 Ethernet; Nvidia GeForce Go 7150 graphics, 4 USB, 1 FireWire, 1 VGA, 1 S-Video, expansion port 3 connector, ExpressCard 54/34, 5-in-1 memory card reader - Pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium (I took care of that) 5-6 other machines, most are running Ultimate Edition.
rickzoll
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.7