Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Network Issues - please post here.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.7

Re: Network Issues - please post here.

Postby Atriya » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:17 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I downloaded the broadcom driver and tried to build it. Unfortunately, when I run the 'make' command, I get:

make -C /lib/modules/2.6.32-22-generic/build SUBDIRS=/usr/src/b44-1.00g modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-22-generic'
scripts/Makefile.build:49: *** CFLAGS was changed in "/usr/src/b44-1.00g/Makefile". Fix it to use EXTRA_CFLAGS. Stop.
make[1]: *** [_module_/usr/src/b44-1.00g] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-22-generic'
make: *** [default] Error 2

I don't really know what to make of this - I'm not a developer. Any ideas? And I suppose there's no other way to get my internet to work? How is it that Ultimate Edition has this problem? I've installed over 20 Linux distributions on this laptop, and none of them had this problem.
Atriya
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:44 pm

Hello Atriya - And you welcome.

well I had that filing that you will kind of mess with it so - I did compiled the Driver.

From the deb package manager:

Broadcom 10/100 fast ethernet driver
This package contains the Broadcom 10/100 fast ethernet driver.
(Converted from a rpm package by alien version 8.81.)

Here is the package to install with Deb package manager:

b44_1.00g-2_i386.deb
(32.3 KiB) Downloaded 267 times

Try it , After the installation is done Restart your machine and Update the post please.

Just for all of you to know,
and to see that the package dose work,
and the LAN is UP
:o :o

Selection_001.png

snapshot7.png
Admin-Amir

Postby tammerlane » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:10 pm

Perhaps this is the right place for my questions. Is ndiswrapper on the 2.7 x64 install cd? How do I get it up and running? (I've never been able to install ndiswrapper on any 64bit Linux version.) The router I use is in another building so I can't plug into it to download anything. I need ndiswrapper on the install cd for the installation to be useful. I have a Realtek 8192-su usb wireless and I haven't found anything that works except the windows drivers.

Also:

Postby Admin-Amir on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:45 am
Hello witblits1970.

Please look on the Guide for the installation of U.E 2.7.

Where is this Guide for the installation of U.E 2.7 located. A link would be helpful.

Ultimate Edition is an excellent OS. Keep up the good work. tammerlane.
tammerlane
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Admin-Amir

Postby tammerlane » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:18 pm

Wow, that's a lot of information. Thank you. :D <BREW> On most Linux forums you get something along the lines of RTFM (Read The F&*_&^$ Manual), and of course there is no manual. You gave a link to the manual, so to speak. Creating that was a lot of work, and extremely helpful. Again, thank you. tammerlane.
tammerlane
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:49 am

Hello tammerlane and welcome to the U.E Forum.

We think that the user need all the best that we can give him tammerlane .
So please use the info that the Team post in every forum for the users + How To's.
you will get the best Guides and info that we can give you.

Have fun. ;)
Admin-Amir

Postby tammerlane » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:18 am

I am still unable to get wireless running. I have the Realtek drivers for XP, Vista, 2000. and Seven, in 32bit and 64bit. When I try the XP 64bit I get an error about needing a deb.conf file and that this will be ignored in future releases. The XP 32bit says it installs, but does nothing. Ubuntu and Mint do the same thing. Ylmf, Netrunner, and several other 32bit Ubuntu distros show available networks when I left click Network Manager and I just have to give the network password and I'm online. I am trying to get Ultimate Edition 2.7 64bit installed and online. It seems like I should need a 64bit driver to do this. Is there a HowTo that solves this? Once I'm online I can follow the steps in the Installation Guide. Thank you. tammerlane.

BTW I also have a targz file from Realtek with the driver. I don't know what to do with it. tammerlane.
tammerlane
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:38 am

Hello tammerlane .

Please try this solution:

When you press Fn+F2, does rfkill change? Please do:

Code: Select all
sudo tail -f /var/log/messages

Leave it open as you press the key combination. Does the kernel recognize the buttons at all?
Admin-Amir

Postby tammerlane » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:23 am

I'm sorry - what is the Fn key? Is it the first F key in the top row, next to the F2? Thank you for helping. tammerlane.
tammerlane
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.7