Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Get Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 b4 the rest of the world.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

Get Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 b4 the rest of the world.

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:57 am

07/31/11: Ultimate Edition 2.6.2 x64 is uploaded damn what is this 2.6.1 lol? Ultimate Edition 2.6.2 x86 is uploading ;) Please do not think I have not been busy ;)
I would like to apologize for the great delay. Thank god, Sourceforge had not pick us up yet. This page is copied from there.

Let's open Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 for business to forum users b4 the world & a new tool to boot ;)
2.6.1.png
Unetbootin Ultimate Edition Style.

Will download Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 for you and load it to a USB stick (actually Ultimate Edition 2.6 - Ultimate Edition 2.8 including lite & all gamers).
down.png
Down it comes.

Release Name: Linux unetbootin; Ultimate Edition style
Version: 494
Download: 64 Bit download, 32 Bit download

Release Name: Windows & Linux unetbootin; Ultimate Edition style (non installable)
Version: 494
Download: Download

It will give you a chance to preview the proposed Ultimate Edition 2.9 theme:
29.png
Proposed Ultimate Edition 2.9 theme.

No USB stick? No problem.

Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 - more then a maintenance release.

I felt since Ubuntu drops maintenance releases. IE 10.04.1, it is Long Term Support (LTS), for us to to do likewise. I do not look for there to be a Ultimate Edition 2.6.2, for a lack of a better word I feel is perfect. For my perceivable future I intend to run this O/S, not that there is anything wrong with Ultimate Edition 2.8. Amazing how many bugs get squashed shortly after a "final release", a few I have personally implemented. I am thinking Ultimate Edition 2.9 only to run momentarily as I build it. Why some may ask? I am not a KDE mahn and prefer stability ;)

If I was currently running Ultimate Edition 2.6, would I run out and snag 2.6.1? If I was happy with my current O/S absolutely not, the only real gain would be the "fixes", updates and upgrades, which you have probably already downloaded & installed through your update manager. If I somehow managed to whack my O/S 2.6.1 would be the logical answer. I now take this back, after seeing what it now does. Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 was built off 10.04.1 a total re-build. It will be my main O/S until at the very minimum Ultimate Edition 3.0.

I unleashed the below on the forum users & many loved it, however what we have now is a multitude better. A complete re-build from the ground up & why the great delay. I can not stress how much better Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 is over 2.6.

Well on to the details, what is Ultimate Edition 2.6.1? Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 is a Long Term Supported (LTS) release. Changes in Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 v/s Ultimate Edition 2.6 are as follows:

Updates / Upgrades:
  • 10.04.1 is the base of the build, many fixes and upgrades pre and post applied.
  • Kernel 2.6.32-27 (rebuild of vmlinuz and initrd.lz & purged all older kernels)
  • All Ultimate Edition based themes rebuilt and replaced (this will add gigs of additional space to the O/S in the future)

Bug Fixes:
  • Cursor / Compiz issue
  • Broken repository removed
  • Removed wine-doors (broken)
  • Fixed metapackage
  • Fixed progressbar going beyond 100%

Additional Software:
  • Ailurus
  • Imagination
  • Cairo clock
  • Miro
  • Moovida
  • Exaile
  • Conky script
  • Samba
  • Gphpedit
  • Chromium browser
  • Sound juicer
  • Rip off
  • Ultimate Edition 2.8 theme (Ultimate Edition 2.6 theme remains default)
  • Ultimate Edition 2.9 theme (proposed)

Release Name: Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 LTS
Architecture: x86 (32 bit)
Codebase: Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Ubuntu 10.04.1 Lucid Lynx)
Environment(s): Gnome
Filesize: 2.4 GB (2,573,973,504 bytes)
MD5SUM: 6cbcfd7f0fe0a05827e47fd604205cfe

Download: 32 Bit

Release Name: Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 LTS
Architecture: x64 (64 bit)
Codebase: Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Ubuntu 10.04.1 Lucid Lynx)
Environment(s): Gnome
Filesize: 2.5 GB (2,657,875,968 bytes)
MD5SUM: 3cff444b22486be2dfc0c5c49c08bf40

Download: 64 Bit

I have also re-wrote the conky-builder it executes on bootup and generates as per your hardware (does not autorun conky itself, I leave that up to the end user). I love eyecandy. Please report any issues here. I am not sure how long I will wait b4 I ship it to sourceforge and drop a homepage post. Get it while it's hot ;)

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Get Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 b4 the rest of the world.

Postby ilamythest » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:52 am

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I downloaded and installed without any issues at all this time..........and it is awesome!!! Nothing unusual about that.......you are the greatest at building the perfect OS. Just wanted to let you know that it is everything I hoped and knew it would be and more........thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication. We, your loyal followers, and the rest of the linux community, are without question lucky and grateful to have you on our side.
ilamythest
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Postby gjringo » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:27 am

and again thank you, not only for this release but also for the little snippets of insight into whats happ`n and what you have in store further down the track ....wets our appetite, may be intended, but sure does the trick.
Had a moments panic when the burn faltered at 98.6%(input/output error) but hey I thought the glass is only half empty. >> Unetbootin steamed it through.
Now onto discovery,....Hi Ho Silver !!! :P :P :P
"The powers of financial capitalism had [a] far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences."
Carroll Quigley, 'Tragedy and Hope'

KUBUNTU : 13.10
OS4 OpenLinux 13.7 KDE
nOS 1.5
Intel P45 Quad 9550 @2.83GHz
Intergrated Audio-Realtek ALC888 4GB DDR2
WD 500GB main drive WD320GB external drive
Nvidia GeForce 9800GT 1024MB
BenQ G2410 HD display Altec Lansing 5.1 sound
2 Cor 13:14
gjringo
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:58 pm

ilamythest wrote:THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I downloaded and installed without any issues at all this time..........and it is awesome!!! Nothing unusual about that.......you are the greatest at building the perfect OS. Just wanted to let you know that it is everything I hoped and knew it would be and more........thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication. We, your loyal followers, and the rest of the linux community, are without question lucky and grateful to have you on our side.

You are welcome, I apologize for the delay and ~600 corrupt downloads. I think I will wait until after the weekend to release it. I really appreciate the kind words. You guys are great.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby JOHNNYG » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:13 pm

I was wait'n on you Thee for the reply on this one ! This is why We do what YOU do !!!! <BREW> ;)
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:34 pm

gjringo wrote:and again thank you, not only for this release but also for the little snippets of insight into whats happ`n and what you have in store further down the track ....wets our appetite, may be intended, but sure does the trick.
Had a moments panic when the burn faltered at 98.6%(input/output error) but hey I thought the glass is only half empty. >> Unetbootin steamed it through.
Now onto discovery,....Hi Ho Silver !!! :P :P :P

Thank you for trying the new tool, I have others I am working on:
repomaster.png
Repomaster

Many will not be interested in this tool. To be honest I am writing it to take one of my jobs ;) This tool is the same tool I ran on themelinux.com repository. Every deb on there is perfect, I will be running the same tool on "main's" repository. You would be surprised how many errors are in packages, evidently the maintainers do not care enough to run Lintian on their packages.

Every package we host that is GPL, the repomaster or I will personally fix. This tool is a part of ultimate-edition-nautilus-scripts-1.7.deb unreleased to the public currently. I have not completed the nautilus side yet.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:44 pm

JOHNNYG wrote:I was wait'n on you Thee for the reply on this one ! This is why We do what YOU do !!!! <BREW> ;)

JohnnyG, why don't you slide me that slick theme you are running? theemahn @ ultimateedition.info. I seen the screenshots. It will make a nice Ultimate Edition 3.0.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby dasfast » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Thank you for this release. I am having difficulty with the boot up of the DVD. I am using a Gigabyte EP43-UD3L motherboard and GTX 260 video card. I am using nomodeset to get video at boot, but it does not finish loading. I tried taking quiet splash out of line to see where it is stopping. It is stopping at ClamAV updater loading. Any ideas?
-Main Rig-
-Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3l
-Intel C2Q Q6600 @ 3.2Mhz
-8Gb G.Skill DDR2-800
-HIS H577FK1GD Radeon HD 5770
-ASUS VK246H Black 24" HD LCD
-ASUS Xonar DS
-WD Caviar Black 640Gb
-WD Caviar Black 1Tb
-Corsair HX620

-HTPC-
-Biostar T41-HD
-Intel Celeron E3200 @ 3.2Ghz
-4Gb G.Skill DDR2-800
-SAPPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750 1GB
-Samsung 50A450P 50" Plasma
-WD Caviar Green 500Gb
-Corsair 400CX

Ultimate Edition 2.6.1-x64
Win7 Ultimate x64
dasfast
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:25 am

dasfast wrote:Thank you for this release. I am having difficulty with the boot up of the DVD. I am using a Gigabyte EP43-UD3L motherboard and GTX 260 video card. I am using nomodeset to get video at boot, but it does not finish loading. I tried taking quiet splash out of line to see where it is stopping. It is stopping at ClamAV updater loading. Any ideas?

Let's not get excited. please drop your dmesg. I will attempt to walk you though.
Code: Select all
dmesg >theemahn.txt

please attach file here.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby dasfast » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:58 pm

I could never get the demsg command to work while booting the 2.6.1 x64 dvd. I just booted the 2.8 x64 dvd and it worked. I did have to use the nomodeset command to get video working because of my Nvidia card. I am typing this from a fresh install of 2.8. Thanks TheeMahn!
-Main Rig-
-Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3l
-Intel C2Q Q6600 @ 3.2Mhz
-8Gb G.Skill DDR2-800
-HIS H577FK1GD Radeon HD 5770
-ASUS VK246H Black 24" HD LCD
-ASUS Xonar DS
-WD Caviar Black 640Gb
-WD Caviar Black 1Tb
-Corsair HX620

-HTPC-
-Biostar T41-HD
-Intel Celeron E3200 @ 3.2Ghz
-4Gb G.Skill DDR2-800
-SAPPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750 1GB
-Samsung 50A450P 50" Plasma
-WD Caviar Green 500Gb
-Corsair 400CX

Ultimate Edition 2.6.1-x64
Win7 Ultimate x64
dasfast
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)