Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Lost cursor setting instructions

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

Lost cursor setting instructions

Postby dougal » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:15 am

Hi people... I am foolish I know but, I have lost the info on how to get the cursor that goes along with themes to work with every application and the desktop. It was something to do with the .icons folder and making sure index.theme something or other was in a default folder under .icons.

I will have to start keeping much better notes.

Thanks again for all the help that you guys manage to give. I understand how small our community is but, it seems to be growing every day and if I can keep proper notes maybe I can lend a hand by advizing others of what I have done to cure things that I have done wrong and so on.

Cheers,

Dougal.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Re: Lost cursor setting instructions

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:44 pm

dougal wrote:Hi people... I am foolish I know but, I have lost the info on how to get the cursor that goes along with themes to work with every application and the desktop. It was something to do with the .icons folder and making sure index.theme something or other was in a default folder under .icons.

I will have to start keeping much better notes.

Thanks again for all the help that you guys manage to give. I understand how small our community is but, it seems to be growing every day and if I can keep proper notes maybe I can lend a hand by advizing others of what I have done to cure things that I have done wrong and so on.

Cheers,

Dougal.

I have played the same this eve, I am far from dumb. I still to this day do not attribute as being my "issue". I have no problem telling them up the chain how to fix it, perhaps I should be up the chain.

As a programmer, I see things differently. Lets look at Zenity, 2.30 where is my color selection box? Well now that would seem like I am a kiddie script kinda guy, right? Would it be nice if I write a language? I was 11 when I wrote my first proggie on a VIC-20. Experience is there, knowledge is not.

I try not to impede progression of nix. At one time I "fixed the cursor issue", and at the time global it. I try not to point fingers. I am here for one propose and can not be bought ;)

TheeMahn,
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby dougal » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks for the pointers, TheeMahn. I assume you are saying to look in the other posts. I will do this, thanks.

I read about your personal problems too and wish you all the best and hope things are working out for you.

Your OS is a fantastic piece of work and I hope you can carry on for many years improving and tweaking things all the time to make the experience of us mere mortals all the more rewarding.

Dougal.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby dathem » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:15 pm

dougal wrote:Thanks for the pointers, TheeMahn. I assume you are saying to look in the other posts. I will do this, thanks.

I read about your personal problems too and wish you all the best and hope things are working out for you.

Your OS is a fantastic piece of work and I hope you can carry on for many years improving and tweaking things all the time to make the experience of us mere mortals all the more rewarding.

Dougal.

Hello, I bookmarked the place on the forum;

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=4679&start=0

Hope this is what you wanted.

dathem
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)