Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

What are the Minimum System Requirements for Ultimate Edition?

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

What are the Minimum System Requirements for Ultimate Edition?

Postby newuean » Wed May 05, 2010 5:30 pm

Sorry if this was posted somewhere else searched but didn't see anything.

What would be cosidered the absolute minimum system requirements for installing Ultimate Edition 2.6 looking at installing in VBox
how much harddrive space and RAM would be required for decent performance.

Thanks.
newuean
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: What are the Minimum System Requirements for Ultimate Editio

Postby newuean » Fri May 07, 2010 9:16 am

How much harddrive space does the full install require? and how much RAM?
newuean
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby cowboy » Fri May 07, 2010 9:39 am

newuean wrote:How much harddrive space does the full install require? and how much RAM?

Need to know your system specs... ;)
And welcome to Ultimate Edition
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby newuean » Fri May 07, 2010 10:47 am

Thanks much. Booted and loved the look and apps installed a suped up distro cool.! <BREW>

Really looking to install as a vm in virtualbox.
Wondering if 1.3 -1.5 GB of RAM enough noticed that with 1 GB still runs a bit laggy.

And how much harddrive space required created a 6GB partition just to install to see how it would run but during install aborted due to lack of space. What is the min req'd harddrive space? 10 - 15GB ok.

Just enquiring about RAM and Harddrive space know my system would meet other requirements.
newuean
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Fri May 07, 2010 10:39 pm

newuean wrote:Thanks much. Booted and loved the look and apps installed a suped up distro cool.! <BREW>

Really looking to install as a vm in virtualbox.
Wondering if 1.3 -1.5 GB of RAM enough noticed that with 1 GB still runs a bit laggy.

And how much harddrive space required created a 6GB partition just to install to see how it would run but during install aborted due to lack of space. What is the min req'd harddrive space? 10 - 15GB ok.

Just enquiring about RAM and Harddrive space know my system would meet other requirements.

Mine is currently using 7.82 GB on the drive 32 bit. barely added anything (YET :D ). I would give it the 15, I actually gave mine 30 but that's me. It's enough RAM but I don't use VM so I can't really answer you there. ;)

And welcome to the forum.
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Postby newuean » Sat May 08, 2010 12:09 pm

Installed successfully <BREW>

Install size about 7.2 GB. :D

Thanks for all the help guys I have some further questions but i'll start a new thread.
newuean
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Sat May 08, 2010 12:38 pm

newuean wrote:Installed successfully <BREW>

Install size about 7.2 GB. :D

Thanks for all the help guys I have some further questions but i'll start a new thread.

Glad to hear it. I forgot about all the stuff I had in home that I restored that would explain the additional .6 GB mine is taking. You're welcome.
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)