Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Cursor issue [NOW it's Solved Yaaaay!!]

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

Re: Cursor issue [NOW it's Solved Yaaaay!!]

Postby Srinivasan » Tue May 04, 2010 1:41 pm

This workaround really works fine. :D :D :D

And its better not to edit the file /usr/share/icons/default/index.theme as discussed in other sites/forums.

But there is a sad part too my title bar and icons on its right end(minimize,maximize,close) are not visible. And the theme is looking perfect if i set none as "Visual effects". Attaching the screenshot.

Please post a workaround for this...
Attachments
Screenshot.png

Laptop(Compaq 6510b Business) :
    Processor : Intel core2duo 2.1GHz
    RAM : 2GB
    Graphics card : Inbuilt Intel graphics card
Desktop System:
    Processor : AMD Phenom X4 2.3GHz
    Graphics card : NVidia 9400GT
Srinivasan
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby JOHNNYG » Tue May 04, 2010 11:09 pm

Srinivasan wrote:This workaround really works fine. :D :D :D

And its better not to edit the file /usr/share/icons/default/index.theme as discussed in other sites/forums.

But there is a sad part too my title bar and icons on its right end(minimize,maximize,close) are not visible. And the theme is looking perfect if i set none as "Visual effects". Attaching the screenshot.

Please post a workaround for this...

Thanks for the vote of confidence Srinivasan ! as far as your title bar goes try right clicking the "compiz icon" (upper right task bar) and "reload window manager" see if that brings it back ! :ugeek: ;)
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby Srinivasan » Tue May 04, 2010 11:27 pm

Thanks for your hint JOHNNYG.

I tried "Reload Window manager" and tried logoff and login several times nothing worked.

Finally i tried compizicon->Select window decorator->GTK Window Decorator and everything is working fine :D :D

Desktop System:
Srinivasan
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:42 pm

Srinivasan wrote:Finally i tried compizicon->Select window decorator->GTK Window Decorator and everything is working fine :D :D

That's interesting because if I right click on the Compiz Fusion icon and set Select Window Decorator to GTK Window Decorator mine is messed up even with the fix.
BUT
If I change Select Window Manager from Compiz to Metacity
I can set Select Window Decorator to GTK Window Decorator OR Emerald
and it works like it should.

Good enough for me. Now I have the pretty gold pointer and goldfinger. :lol:

It was a big black pointer, little black pointer, gold pointer, little left pointing hand and goldfinger. Depending on what was open and where I was at the time.
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby rsmcgough » Wed May 05, 2010 4:28 pm

I did what TheeMahn said to do on the work around and it worked GREAT!
Thanks
Randall
ASUS M3A78-CM Motheboard
AMD X2 64 3.1GHz
SATA 500 GB Hardrive
8GB PC2-6400 Dual Channel Memory
ATI Radion HD 6450 1GB memory
ATI SBxOO Azalia (intel HDA) Sound Card
Realtek PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
Ultimate Edition 3.4LTS 64 bit
rsmcgough
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Postby sambolinux » Wed May 05, 2010 10:02 pm

I just want to say thanks to all who worked on this ultimate edition and to you The Mahn, you are really awesome; you guys never disappoint me when there are issues with Ubuntu . Read through these forums and find the answer I need. I did have to compile a few media programs to get them to work properly -- no big deal. It is way much less with Ultimate than with Ubuntu (e.g. Handbrake with a gui go to launchpad and download it there because if you try to compile;you'll just end up with unsolvable dependencies -- not everything is in sync yet) This is no f***N way The Mahn's fault or anybodies else's it is just not all the departments are in sync, yet. I guess i said my piece and thanks again to you all. p.s. if you download torrents , please get ipblock or moblock these are like peerguardian for windows.
Computer: Antec NSK6500 case, MSI K9A2 Platinum, BE940 Phenom II,6gig ddr2 1066mhz ram, 4 sata hd (1 250gb seagate w/acronis for op sys bkp only and 1 TB wd green for movie bkp only and disconnected) , 3 1TB wd black sata II(no raid),Zalman 9700 air cooler, on board realsucks sound, Sony 42" hdtv connected to a 4670 ATI Radeon video card/ w Zalman 900 air cooler(very quiet) , 21.5 in Acer lcd monitor(cheap monitor finally died) , 2 ide dvd rw drives LG , 1 sata hp 340i bluray disk writer
OP sys : Win XP Pro, 1 Win7-64bit-ultimate and 1 custom precise 12.04 with all media codecs compiled by me and a bunch of media encoders.
sambolinux
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby Srinivasan » Thu May 06, 2010 12:51 am

sambolinux wrote:I just want to say thanks to all who worked on this ultimate edition and to you The Mahn, you are really awesome; you guys never disappoint me when there are issues with Ubuntu . Read through these forums and find the answer I need. I did have to compile a few media programs to get them to work properly -- no big deal. It is way much less with Ultimate than with Ubuntu (e.g. Handbrake with a gui go to launchpad and download it there because if you try to compile;you'll just end up with unsolvable dependencies -- not everything is in sync yet) This is no f***N way The Mahn's fault or anybodies else's it is just not all the departments are in sync, yet. I guess i said my piece and thanks again to you all. p.s. if you download torrents , please get ipblock or moblock these are like peerguardian for windows.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have changed TheeMahn's name

Desktop System:
Srinivasan
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby maxmojo53 » Thu May 06, 2010 3:29 am

Works here as well. God, that was annoying! :twisted: TheeMan, once again you have lived up to your name. More importantly, thanks for the coolest release yet. <BREW>

max
Core 2 Quad Q9400
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P
Nvidia GTS 250 1024
2-500gb SATA, 1-260gb SATA, 1- 500gb Free Agent
8gb Corsair mem. Happague PVR-150 TV Capture card
Ultimate Edition 2.9 64, Windows 7
maxmojo53
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby sambolinux » Thu May 06, 2010 4:25 am

Srinivasan wrote:
sambolinux wrote:I just want to say thanks to all who worked on this ultimate edition and to you The Mahn, you are really awesome; you guys never disappoint me when there are issues with Ubuntu . Read through these forums and find the answer I need. I did have to compile a few media programs to get them to work properly -- no big deal. It is way much less with Ultimate than with Ubuntu (e.g. Handbrake with a gui go to launchpad and download it there because if you try to compile;you'll just end up with unsolvable dependencies -- not everything is in sync yet) This is no f***N way The Mahn's fault or anybodies else's it is just not all the departments are in sync, yet. I guess i said my piece and thanks again to you all. p.s. if you download torrents , please get ipblock or moblock these are like peerguardian for windows.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have changed TheeMahn's name

Sorry TheeMahn I was tired from typing I just finished typing a 500 word essay showing how to fix ATI proprietary drivers in Ultimate lucid using jockey of course !!!
Computer: Antec NSK6500 case, MSI K9A2 Platinum, BE940 Phenom II,6gig ddr2 1066mhz ram, 4 sata hd (1 250gb seagate w/acronis for op sys bkp only and 1 TB wd green for movie bkp only and disconnected) , 3 1TB wd black sata II(no raid),Zalman 9700 air cooler, on board realsucks sound, Sony 42" hdtv connected to a 4670 ATI Radeon video card/ w Zalman 900 air cooler(very quiet) , 21.5 in Acer lcd monitor(cheap monitor finally died) , 2 ide dvd rw drives LG , 1 sata hp 340i bluray disk writer
OP sys : Win XP Pro, 1 Win7-64bit-ultimate and 1 custom precise 12.04 with all media codecs compiled by me and a bunch of media encoders.
sambolinux
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby JOHNNYG » Thu May 06, 2010 10:48 pm

If you wish to change your default cursor :evil: ! as TheeMahn's 8-) how to only addresses Ultimate Edition 2.6 cursor, see this !
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=4720
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)