Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Software issues post here please.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

Re: How to uninstall openjdk and install sun java?

Postby spsf » Tue May 18, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi 2hot6ft2
Thanks for the welcome and the prompt reply!
I did enabled the partner repo and have sun java installed
I'll try to do the trick to make the sunjava default, but really would like to remove the openjdk
Mine is 32bit version too
The attached image shows what happens when I try to remove openjdk-6-jre or any of the related dependecies
Regards
Attachments
Screenshot-Untitled Window.png
AMD Phenon 2 965, Asus Board, 4gig ram, Nvidia 8600gt-256meg
spsf
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: Software issues post here please.

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:10 pm

You're welcome and I know what it looks like when you try and remove it.

Yours has a couple items mine doesn't since I'm running a beta right now but like I said I have already asked about it and it may or may not get an answer since everyone is hard at it trying to break the new beta so things can be fixed before it gets released so all I could do for now is give a way to make it use sun without removing things that it shouldn't.
;)
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Postby spsf » Wed May 19, 2010 7:23 am

Ok the java trick worked fine, thanks!
But i found a new problem, i installed a new updated kernel and want to remove the old one, once again synaptic wants to remove package "ultimate-edition-2.6". I removed anyway, but cannot install it back, it's not in the repos??!!
I noticed in the forums that the ultimate repo is offline, is this the problem?
However it's not even listed in synaptic... So, where to get back the "ultimate-edition-2.6" package?
TIA
Sergio

2hot6ft2 wrote:You're welcome and I know what it looks like when you try and remove it.

Yours has a couple items mine doesn't since I'm running a beta right now but like I said I have already asked about it and it may or may not get an answer since everyone is hard at it trying to break the new beta so things can be fixed before it gets released so all I could do for now is give a way to make it use sun without removing things that it shouldn't.
;)
spsf
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby spsf » Wed May 19, 2010 7:42 am

It's a Ultimate Edition 2.6 32bit fresh install (reinstalled this morning!)
AMD64 quad core, 4gig ram (using PAE kernel) HD-IDE40 gig for testing
There are many packages listed as "Installed - Local or Obsolete" because they are not related to any repo (see attached image).
So I still cannot get the "ultimate-edition-2.6" meta package...

Blackwolf wrote:Sounds like we have a problem....ultimate edition 2.6 is the operating system.....did you install 2.6 or ubuntu 10.04 ??

Can you post some system specs via your profile ? :)
Attachments
Screenshot-Synaptic Package Manager .png
spsf
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Wed May 19, 2010 1:09 pm

spsf wrote:I noticed in the forums that the ultimate repo is offline, is this the problem?

The repo. was offline a couple months ago for about a week but they are up and running. I have the same thing showing in synaptic. You can run
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get update

a couple times in the terminal and it will usually fix any errors on it's own. If there are any repo. problems it will show them or fix them. It's not a repo. problem.

Now that Blackwolf has seen this topic I think he'll put some heat on it and someone will have an answer. I'm glad the java fix worked out for you. Everyone is very dedicated and passionate about Ultimate Edition here and there are some very serious conversations going on behind the scenes. Please bear with us while we try and sort out the issues 10.04 has created.
;)
Keep in mind that there are people here from around the world so they are asleep while we are awake and vise versa so response times will vary.
Blackwolf wrote:Sounds like we have a problem....ultimate edition 2.6 is the operating system.....did you install 2.6 or ubuntu 10.04 ??

Hi Blackwolf, This is an issue with the new x86 beta as well. Page 721 bottom of the 4th post in the chat room. So we can tie the issue together and see what all is affected. I think I'll install the x64 beta as soon as I post this and check it too, there are some other things I want to run against a wall and see if they break in the 64 bit anyway.
:lol:
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Postby Fyra » Sat May 22, 2010 8:36 am

Emerald theme manager doesn't work for me.
I open it from the compiz icon, scroll down to see the list of themes, and when I click on a theme, Emerald closes after 1-2 seconds. The theme never changes.

Ideas? (Or instructions to help track this down? Can I load emerald through gdb and get a backtrace?)
Fyra
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Sat May 22, 2010 3:20 pm

Fyra wrote:Emerald theme manager doesn't work for me.
I open it from the compiz icon, scroll down to see the list of themes, and when I click on a theme, Emerald closes after 1-2 seconds. The theme never changes.

Ideas? (Or instructions to help track this down? Can I load emerald through gdb and get a backtrace?)

Hi Fyra,

If you're running 2.6 32 bit I wonder if this isn't related to the cursor issue. If you are running 32 bit you may want to try the fix here and see if it fixes it.
Cursor issue [NOW it's Solved Yaaaay!!]

And if you're running 64 bit you might try this fix and see if it helps.
Cursor issue

The whole thread may be helpful since I suspect that this is tied into the ubuntu compiz bug.
<BREW>
2hot6ft2

Re: How to uninstall openjdk and install sun java?

Postby D1Knight » Sun May 23, 2010 8:32 pm

2hot6ft2 wrote:
D1Knight wrote:When I uninstall Firefox on Ultimate Edition 2.6, the login screen reverts to an almost stock login screen of Ubuntu 10.04 :?: Peace.

Hi D1Knight. I suspect it has to do with ubufox being removed along with firefox, it would have been better to just not use FF if you don't like it.
ubufox-extension.png

ubufox.png

;)
2hot6ft2, thanks for your response. :) Ah, yes dependencies. ;)
D1Knight
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:19 pm

You're welcome. Glad to help.
<BREW>
2hot6ft2

indicator-applet

Postby Fyra » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:00 am

I'm running 2.6 64 bit.
Acer Travelmate 6592
Updates are, er, up to date.

Periodically, looking at the processes tab of the system monitor, 'indicator-applet' jumps to the top of the list, using 200% CPU. All input is suspended for a few seconds and then it drops back to 0%. Input done in the mean time, such as typing or scrolling with the touchpad then gets done retrospectively. The lock up is for a few seconds only.

It happens most often when browsing, usually right after clicking on a link to a new page.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit:
My top right panel (indicator panel?) appeared as jumbled at roughly the same time that this started to happen. I did not make the link at first, but other people on ubuntu forum have reported oddities with this panel and suggest some link to indicator-applet. Mine became jumbled after my screen was given the wrong (too low) resolution. After restarting with the correct resolution, the panel items remained in the wrong positions.

Perhaps if I can reset the panel somehow, the problem may go away >.> (maybe not that likely, but worth a try, right?) Does anyone know how I can do this?
Fyra
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)