Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Software issues post here please.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

Re: Software issues post here please.

Postby stanca » Tue May 04, 2010 1:25 pm

Or you can try the avconvert nautilus script: http://gnome-look.org/index.php?xconten ... 661bd0ceb9 . <BREW>
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby Wolfcrf » Tue May 04, 2010 5:44 pm

Well, thanks everyone for the help but I installed Ultimate Edition 2.4 again, lol.
Everything is ok, I could do all the updates normally and the Devede is working.
Wolfcrf
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

On My Girlfriends Computer

Postby DarkSoul_DST » Tue May 04, 2010 6:03 pm

Nothing seems to working except the Nvidia. Installed on my computer with no problem even upgraded packages.This one keeps throwing this error.
Could not initialize the package information

An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.

Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and include the following error message:

'E:Type 'n' is not known on line 2 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntu-wine-ppa-lucid.list, E:The list of sources could not be read.'

I cannot get it to do anything to change it .Didnt do anything to it cause I never could access it.Ubuntu Tweak not working.Cannot change repositories on this computer.
Her computer is
MainBoard BioStar GeForce6100-M9
Geforce6100/nForced410,Socket939,MicroATX ht2g,DualDDR2x1gig,PCI-Ex16,^-CH Audio,*USB 2.0,@PCI,2SATA,4DDR,AMI BIOS VER:1.1.
Has 100gig Western Digital IDE Harddrive,SoundBlasterPlatinum 6.1 Surround Sound

Probably have to re-install but hope not.I have the UE2.6 64bit installed.Sound and Video booted in no problem.Maybe being it was Nvidia Im only going to get lucky because the Nvidia working right.LOL
MotherBoard Asrock Alive NF7G-HD720p Rev5.0 NVIDIA® GeForce 7050 / nForce 630A MCP Chipsets
XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1 GB Graphics Card HD435XZAH2
Disabled Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce7 Series (NV44) DX9.0 VGA, Pixel Shader 3.0, Max. shared memory 256MB
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Ready
RAM Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Black Edition Processor Model ADO5000DSWOF
HARDDRIVE Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAJS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
OS UE2.5 64 bit
OS UE2.6 64 bit
DarkSoul_DST
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed May 05, 2010 1:24 am

Hello DarkSoul_DST.

Did you have Download the NEW package of Ubuntu Tweak?
Look in the Ubuntu Tweak forum here, viewtopic.php?f=68&t=4587Download the package and install it on your machine first.
Then things must work for you with Ubuntu Tweak.
Just please pay Attention to the problems with the bugs on the Ubuntu Tweak at this time.
Admin-Amir

Postby DarkSoul_DST » Wed May 05, 2010 3:13 am

It gets the same message no matter what you do.I even downloaded the .deb for Ubuntu Tweak,it started the update then kicked the same error message again.Tried updating Mozilla addons it did the same thing.Something is blocking from updating ,so right now as I type this on mine Im reinstalling on hers .Can not be the dvd because I did hers after mine then my daughters .Thinking maybe a bad install on hers .Will let you know .

Thanks Amir
MotherBoard Asrock Alive NF7G-HD720p Rev5.0 NVIDIA® GeForce 7050 / nForce 630A MCP Chipsets
XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1 GB Graphics Card HD435XZAH2
Disabled Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce7 Series (NV44) DX9.0 VGA, Pixel Shader 3.0, Max. shared memory 256MB
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Ready
RAM Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Black Edition Processor Model ADO5000DSWOF
HARDDRIVE Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAJS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
OS UE2.5 64 bit
OS UE2.6 64 bit
DarkSoul_DST
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed May 05, 2010 4:00 am

Hello DarkSoul_DST - you welcome <BREW>

About the FireFox issue - please look when you try to add ons plug in or something,
At the up top right of the window you need to ALLOW the window.
Then you will be redirect to the install process.
About Ubuntu Tweak please upload images from your process there so I will Guide you with it.

Thank you.
Admin-Amir

Postby D1Knight » Fri May 07, 2010 10:23 pm

Warning
OK, this is similar to Ubuntu-Tweak. The software Bleachbit, used for cleaning-to save HDD space (I need to get an HDD with more space). Bleachbit too, will bork Ultimate Edition 2.6 similar to Ubuntu-Tweak. Strange that this does not, so far, happen on other Ubuntu based distros.
D1Knight
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Postby D1Knight » Fri May 07, 2010 10:41 pm

Hi there. :) I have another software related issue. I have been, for some time now, not using Firefox (FF2.0+ loved it, since 3.0+slow, resource heavy, memory leaks-blah blah). I use currently Chromium (lighter, quicker+has addons/plugins too) and Opera 10.10(very light, quick is a understatement, even without turbo mode turned on). YMMV. ;) When I uninstall Firefox on Ultimate Edition 2.6, the login screen reverts to an almost stock login screen of Ubuntu 10.04 :?: Peace.
D1Knight
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

How to uninstall openjdk and install sun java?

Postby spsf » Tue May 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Is there an option to completely remove OpenJdk in order to install Sun Java…
I tried to remove it, but synaptic says it will remove the entire UE2.6 and many other java related apps... well I did it, and it removed a lot of apps, when I try to reinstall ie. entagged, synaptic wants to reinstall openjdk???

TIA
AMD Phenon 2 965, Asus Board, 4gig ram, Nvidia 8600gt-256meg
spsf
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: How to uninstall openjdk and install sun java?

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:51 pm

D1Knight wrote:When I uninstall Firefox on Ultimate Edition 2.6, the login screen reverts to an almost stock login screen of Ubuntu 10.04 :?: Peace.

Hi D1Knight. I suspect it has to do with ubufox being removed along with firefox, it would have been better to just not use FF if you don't like it.
ubufox-extension.png
ubufox-extension.png (9.43 KiB) Viewed 5882 times

ubufox.png
ubufox.png (4.97 KiB) Viewed 5882 times

;)
spsf wrote:Is there an option to completely remove OpenJdk in order to install Sun Java…
I tried to remove it, but synaptic says it will remove the entire UE2.6 and many other java related apps... well I did it, and it removed a lot of apps, when I try to reinstall ie. entagged, synaptic wants to reinstall openjdk???

TIA

Hi spsf, and welcome to the forum.

I don't know why it did it. I have one 32 bit install that did not remove those things when removing openjdk, and another that did want to remove them. So here's what I've come up with so you can use the sun version of java while still having openjdk installed.

According the the release notes for Lucid Sun Java moved to the Partner repository.:
And this will enable that repo.
Code: Select all
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ lucid partner"

I seem to get the most recent sun java version with the medibuntu repo. enabled so let's enable it since it wont hurt to have it enabled.
sudo wget --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list && sudo apt-get --quiet update && sudo apt-get --yes --quiet --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get --quiet update

That included the update command now to just upgrade packages.
sudo apt-get upgrade

Now open Synaptic
System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager
Click on Reload then search for openjdk and any of these that are not installed mark them for installation, any that are installed mark them for re-installation.
openjdk.png

then search for sun-java and do the same thing with these
sun-java.png

Click Apply and close Synaptic when finished and run:
sudo update-java-alternatives -l

Which should return something like this
java-6-openjdk 1061 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk
java-6-sun 63 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

Now openjdk is set as default and we want to set it to suns version with this
sudo update-java-alternatives -s java-6-sun

Hopefully it wont return anything which means it worked without any errors.
Then to reinstall entagged and ultimate-edition-2.6 and a lib required by sun java 6 but it was replaced with a newer version that it doesn't work well with.
sudo apt-get install entagged ultimate-edition-2.6 libstdc++5

Close firefox and reboot then test it here by clicking on the Verify java version button:
Sun Java Test Page
It should say this
Congratulations!
You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 20).

Hopefully all of this will go without a hitch.
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)