Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Installation issues post here please.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

Re: Installation issues post here please.

Postby Cell » Sat May 22, 2010 5:34 pm

I have a strange problem. I downloaded the ISO and checked the md5 sum and it was OK. Then I burned it on DVD with low speed. When I try to install to HDD the progress bar goes beyond %100. As I read on the forum that's normal and you should wait for it to finish. However the installation aborts saying that you must try to install in a cooler environment or something like that. I tried it on two PCs and the result was the same.

If you haven't then use a burner app that checks,and verifies the burn.You can then only eliminate a bad burn.
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby dathem » Sat May 22, 2010 10:58 pm

mahdif62 wrote:I have a strange problem. I downloaded the ISO and checked the md5 sum and it was OK. Then I burned it on DVD with low speed. When I try to install to HDD the progress bar goes beyond %100. As I read on the forum that's normal and you should wait for it to finish. However the installation aborts saying that you must try to install in a cooler environment or something like that. I tried it on two PCs and the result was the same.

Hello mahdif62, While you have done the correct procedure, I suspect the DVD is the problem, can you try a different brand or try a different speed. I have received that error before, but in my case it was a bad DVD drive. Since you tried 2 different computers I wouldn't think both have a drive that is going out, but it is a possibility. How old are the computers, drives?
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby mahdif62 » Sat May 22, 2010 11:57 pm

Thanks for your kind answers. Both computers are less than 5 years old. I've installed ubuntu, Arch and PClinuxOS without any problem. However I'll buy a new dvd from a different brand and try again. I'll post the result here.
mahdif62
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun May 23, 2010 2:23 am

Hello mahdif62.

Before you will run to get New DVD.
Please look under search in synaptic for "ISO " to see if all those packages are install:

Selection_001.png

Selection_002.png

Selection_003.png

Selection_004.png

Selection_005.png

Selection_006.png

Selection_007.png

Selection_008.png

Selection_010.png

Selection_011.png
Selection_011.png (5.89 KiB) Viewed 7149 times

Selection_012.png

Selection_013.png

Selection_014.png

Selection_015.png

Selection_016.png

Selection_017.png

Selection_018.png
Selection_018.png (6.19 KiB) Viewed 7149 times

Now under K3b settings (last on down) - mark and apply this option:

Selection_001.png

You can use Brasero to make the burning for you too - work OK.
Admin-Amir

Postby githzs » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:56 pm

I have successfully installed ultimate 2.6 but after reinstalling windows partition the boot loader disappeared i tried using live cd to recover it says file not found please help
githzs
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:56 am

Hello githzs.

Have you try to use the MS CD to make FIXMBR?
Admin-Amir

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:51 pm

githzs wrote:I have successfully installed ultimate 2.6 but after reinstalling windows partition the boot loader disappeared i tried using live cd to recover it says file not found please help

HI githzs and welcome to the forum,

Do you mean you reinstalled windows AFTER installing Ultimate Edition 2.6 so now the grub menu is missing ?
If that's the case you need to reinstall grub from the 2.6 livedvd like this

Here assuming the Ultimate Edition partition is sda8,and /boot partition is sda6 (if you have a separate /boot partition).

Boot up Ultimate Edition from the livecd,open terminal and run:
Code: Select all
sudo -i

To find out you partitions run
fdisk -l

Use that info for the following where sda8 is the Ultimate Edition partition
mount /dev/sda8 /mnt

mount /dev/sda6 /mnt/boot  #skip this one if you don't have a separate /boot partition

You'll want to install grub to the drive that is first in the boot order in the BIOS so change sda if needed
grub-install --root-directory=/mnt/ /dev/sda

Reboot removing the livecd in the process and once you're back in Ultimate Edition run
sudo update-grub

<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Nozzredna » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Something went wrong when installing Ultimate Edition gamer 64.

It was supposed to be on my first harddrive - 80 GB SSD with Windows and Linux Mint but instead it was placed on 2 other harddrives (have no clue how lol)

How to uninstall it so there will not be problems when choosing what to start with Grub?

Long time Windows-user now moving to Linux :)
Nozzredna
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Nozzredna wrote:Something went wrong when installing Ultimate Edition gamer 64.

It was supposed to be on my first harddrive - 80 GB SSD with Windows and Linux Mint but instead it was placed on 2 other harddrives (have no clue how lol)

How to uninstall it so there will not be problems when choosing what to start with Grub?

Long time Windows-user now moving to Linux :)

Hi Nozzredna and welcome to the forum,

First you'll want to boot Mint and remove the installs from the other HDD's by going to GParted and deleting them and then reinstall grub.

Run the grub-install command as described below. This will reinstall the GRUB 2 files on the mounted partition to the proper location and to the MBR of the designated device.

sudo grub-install --root-directory=/mnt/ /dev/sdX

Example: sudo grub-install --root-directory=/mnt/ /dev/sda
Reboot

Refresh the GRUB 2 menu with sudo update-grub

Then reinstall Ultimate Edition and make sure you have it go to where you want it. If it were me it would be replacing mint but that's me. ;)
When you get to the partitioner in the installer select "Manual" and click forward to load the manual partitioner and that way you have more control over where it will go.
Select the partition where you want it and click Change then set the file system and mount point as /
Once you have it like you want it click forward to continue thru the installer.
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Postby Wolfie Lee » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:06 am

Hello, recently my install partition dwindled down to a little more than a CD's worth of space, and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my problem, but when I try to boot ANY kernel, I get the same roadblock, and it is a message in the upper right corner of the login screen. I have tried recovery mode and ran dpkg for EACH kernel, with no luck...The message I keep receiving is this:

INSTALL PROBLEM!
The configuration defaults for
Gnome Power Manager have not
been installed correctly.
Please contact your computer administrator.

P.S. I have cleared some space from within the live session, and retried dpkg again with the same results...

ANY help? I'm coming at you now from a LIVE USB session, and was wondering if I can replace the Gnome Power Manager settings from somewhere on the UNetbootin session, and which folders to replace and/or files to edit....?

HELP! PLEASE!
OS: Ultimate Edition 4.6 gamers x64; Windows 7 x64 custom Nvidia Black edition; Linux Mint 17.3 MATE x64
MB: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
CPU: AMD FX6300 Black (6x 3.5GHz)
CPU cooler: OCZ Vedetta with replacement Nanoxia Deep Silence 92mm 1400 RPM fan
MEM: 8GB (2x4GB) Ballistix Sport DDRIII 1600; PC3-12800
GPU: XFX Double Dispersion Radeon R7 360P-F22M 1050MHz 2GB GDDR5
OS SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
NO Storage drive (yet)
Optical Drive: LG Super-multi with MODISC capabilities(Model# hidden in new build, not gonna remove it now...lol)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-5183
PS: XFX 650W XXX Edition Grey Modular
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)