Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Installation issues post here please.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

Re: Installation issues post here please.

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Sat May 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Right click on network manager and select Edit connections. Look to see if it says ifupdown in the wired section.
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

This is weird

Postby jason32777 » Sun May 09, 2010 9:45 am

OK, got 2.6 put onto a live CD, made me a shiny new partition for it and installed. Now the grub comes up with my options to boot Ultimate Edition or Windows, but when I choose any of the Linux options, the screen shuts off and will not come back on until I power down and try again. It stays on no problem with Windows, but every time I try to run my new Ultimate Edition, I don't just get a black screen, it shuts completely off. Anyone have this issue at all?

I'm on a Toshiba Satellite with an Intel I3 and Nvidia GeForce 310.

thanks for any info you can provide.

Jason32777
jason32777
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Sun May 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Welcome to the forum jason32777,

Have you tried booting into the recovery mode?
After all the text scrolls by and you get to the options screen select the bottom option shell prompt.
login at the prompt then try starting the desktop with
Code: Select all
sudo service gdm start

In case it doesn't get that far pay attention to the text especially if it hangs at one and see if you can catch the last thing it says before it quits.
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun May 09, 2010 2:25 pm

One more option with what have suggested:

Code: Select all
sudo startx
Admin-Amir

Postby jason32777 » Sun May 09, 2010 5:15 pm

even when I try recovery mode, the screen shuts off before I see any text at all. the live cd did the same thing a couple of times and I thought it was just a fluke. it ran and installed just fine after that. now I know the installation is there, but all I get when I try to boot is the screen turned off. thanks for the suggestions though, I will try them as soon as I can see se text on the screen.
jason32777
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun May 09, 2010 5:19 pm

jason32777.

Try After the First look of you manufacture of the Board,
to hit for Esc few times then you should
see the MS/U.E boot text option.
Admin-Amir

Postby comsparks » Sun May 09, 2010 6:51 pm

I could not get 2.6 to access the Internet so I tried reinstalling it again (10 times). I'm back to a dirty DVD and such. I then tried installing Ubuntu 10.04. It came off without a hitch, smooth, no problems at all. Matter of fact I'm using it now to type this message. So I don't know what the problem is. I got 2.6 to load only once out of ten tries but had no Internet connection. Thanks.
comsparks
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.6 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon May 10, 2010 1:20 am

Hello comsparks.

Please look on Answer to billhedrick here:
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=4586&start=40

Now PPL just understand this,
On the Live DVD all is cool because the Drivers are there in Advanced !
And the System before the installation process is Like on 2.5 System (not yet install on your machine).
So the Drivers will work just fine ,Then when you look on the bug issue ( come out After the installation process).
No mater if it is on Ubuntu or U.E the issue is the same issue,
And the eth0 is under bug fix.
So try to follow the process that I have post there and get the wireless to work for you.
When the fix for the eth0 will be ready we will Update you all with the solution for the Auto eth0.
Admin-Amir

Postby comsparks » Mon May 10, 2010 7:30 pm

I don't have wireless I have WIRED. OK let me get this straight then. You released a Distro that can't connect to the Internet using an rj45 connector. In the future please post this prior to its release so I won't waste my time ( 2 days) downloading and trying to get it to install. If this is based off of Ubuntu 10.04 I don't understand why things are broken in it. I installed and use Ubuntu 10.04 without any problems but not your 2.6. Anyway I'll keep an eye out for any updates or editions. Maybe version 4.0 will get it all straightened out.
comsparks
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.6 32 BIT

Postby dathem » Mon May 10, 2010 8:05 pm

comsparks wrote:I don't have wireless I have WIRED. OK let me get this straight then. You released a Distro that can't connect to the Internet using an rj45 connector. In the future please post this prior to its release so I won't waste my time ( 2 days) downloading and trying to get it to install. If this is based off of Ubuntu 10.04 I don't understand why things are broken in it. I installed and use Ubuntu 10.04 without any problems but not your 2.6. Anyway I'll keep an eye out for any updates or editions. Maybe version 4.0 will get it all straightened out.

Hello, Since your download took 2 days, I suspect your downloaded ISO is bad, or the disks, or the DVD drive itself. This distro DOES connect to the internet using an rj45 connector. That is what I am using right now. I did absolutely nothing to get it to work, it worked right out of the box from the "Live" DVD. May I suggest asking a buddy with a faster download connection to get you a copy. You can buy a copy from http://www.osdisc.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi/ ... ateedition

Where do you live? Someone here close to you would be willing to send you a copy if you ask nicely, I am sure.
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)