Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Installation issues post here please.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

Re: Installation issues post here please.

Postby jhollon » Tue May 04, 2010 3:13 pm

you see wrong. i downloaded the ISO from parted magic as instructed, booted there and formatted drive to nothing and then rebooted and tried the install with the same turn out. I even manually mounted the drive and the installer still doesn't see it.
jhollon
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition KDE4

Postby jhollon » Tue May 04, 2010 3:16 pm

update. i put another 60Gb drive in (same model as the first) and it sees it without having to do anything. I can't explain it, the old drive would take all installs except 2.6 (this includes windows, linux, freebsd, and anything else you can think of). For some reason it just doesn't like it, not sure why and don't really care at this point, it is working. Thanks for the pointers and listening. Consider my problem fixed.
jhollon
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition KDE4

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue May 04, 2010 3:24 pm

jhollon Thank you for your Update on your issue.
Looks like your HDD come to the end of his life.
Admin-Amir

Postby broadcast23 » Tue May 04, 2010 5:14 pm

I installed Ultimate Edition 2.6, 32bit on an Intel Core2Duo system. 2 GB ram when I went to run the update manager it said that it could only do a partial install, which I did, but if I try to update the rest of the system one of the items that it wants to remove is Ultimate Edition 2.6
Computer Gateway SX2370
AMD HD6550
Realtek HD883 Audio
CPU:AMD A8-3820 quad-core
O/S: Win 7 64bit/Ultimate Edition 3.5
broadcast23
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue May 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Hello broadcast23 and welcome to the U.E Forum.

about your issue that is OK - go on with the process.
Admin-Amir

Postby broadcast23 » Tue May 04, 2010 5:47 pm

When I attempt an partial upgrade it say on the GUI that it want to remove 2 packages, one of them being I would guess the Ultimate Edition 2.6 theme. I was thinking of trying to install a 64 bit OS but my Vista install is 32 bit, would that affect anything that you know of? I have it completely installed (Ultimate Edition) on a separate hard drive including grub. (dev/sdb) I think it is some dependency issue of some sort Ill try to get a screen shot of the update manager when I run it next time I think it may a codic issue.
Computer Gateway SX2370
AMD HD6550
Realtek HD883 Audio
broadcast23
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue May 04, 2010 5:52 pm

broadcast23

As I have said it is OK to go on with the process,
we have check this process 3 Hours ago.
This process will not arm your machine.
Admin-Amir

Postby mrchips » Tue May 04, 2010 6:15 pm

hello and thank you for your response,after downloading and burning partition-magic and rebooting into it , it worked very well on the drive. but when Ultimate Edition was booted the install program would only see the gigabyte ramdrive and no other drives eventhought I had my ext-3 deleated and unallicated for use. Ext-4 has had many problems with older drives, in fadora 11, even sabayon will not install a boot partition to it eventhough it will use it as a data drive in ver 5.1. My drives are Hitachi 500G so they should not be an issue.

thank you for your help but we are still at square one.

ps it see no drives when i remove the ramdrive.
mrchips
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby broadcast23 » Tue May 04, 2010 6:19 pm

OK I went ahead, but it seemed to get stuck at the cleanup part otherwise it worked fine. Thanks
Computer Gateway SX2370
AMD HD6550
Realtek HD883 Audio
broadcast23
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby mediaman65 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:29 pm

Ok to start off good job on 2.6. I have downloaded the 32bit version of 2.6 and installed it and now i have no wireless and no wired network drivers.
mediaman65
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)