Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Fonomo, TV-Tuner and Webcam misconfiguration

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.5

Re: Fonomo, TV-Tuner and Webcam misconfiguration

Postby geppettvs » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Hey! Almost finish re-wiring and installing protection for the power line. My desktop computer now features a new EDGE-Blazar AF-B500E - 500W Power Supply (Info is here) but I had to remove the Blu-Ray ROM as I don't use it too much and this new Power Supply is only having 3 Molex and 1 SATA connectors. Whatever, the system is yet working and I am experiencing the same problems with this issue.

Hey! Ya casi termino de re-cablear e instalar la proteccion para la linea de energia. Mi computadora de escritorio ahora ahora cuenta con una nueva fuente de poder EDGE-Blazar AF-B500E de 500 watts. (Informacion aqui) pero tuve que quitar el Blu-Ray ROM porque ya no lo uso tanto y esta nueva fuente de poder solo tiene 3 Molex y un conector SATA. Como sea, el sistema esta trabajando todavia y sigo experimentando los mismos problemas con esta cuestion.

I've read your last instructions (prior to my power issues) and I have already installed the Fonomo Plugin for Pidgin, which only launches the browser (google-chrome in my case) and returns the viewer url into the conversation so my buddy can clic on the direct link. Everything working pretty fine with this.

He leido sus ultimas instrucciones (antes de mis problemas de energia) y he instalado el plugin fonomo para Pidgin, el cual solamente inicia el navegador (google-chrome en mi caso) y devuelve la url de expectador en la conversacion de forma que mi compañero puede dar clic directamente en el link. Todo funciona perfectamente bien con esto.

I have also downloaded and installed the skype4pidgin.deb with no problems. // Tambien he descargado e instalado el skype4pidgin.deb sin problemas.

Installed moovida from synaptic as shown here. // Instalado moovida desde synaptic como se muestra aqui.
moovida.png
moovida-install

After installing everything, I started the test. And the results are: // Despues de instalar todo, inicie la prueba. Y los resultados son:

1.- Fonomo launched the google-chrome browser as expected by clicking on the ugly webcam icon which was installed in the toolbar placed over the writing text box in the bottom of the conversation. No image was shown during the initial process as you can see here:

1.- Fonomo inicio el navegador google-chrome como se esperaba al hacer clic en el icono de webcam feo que fue instalado en la barra de herramientas que se ubica sobre la caja de texto de escritura en la parte baja de la conversacion. No se mostro ninguna imagen durante el proceso inicial como puede ver aqui:

fonomo-launched.png
fonomo-launched

2.- After a few seconds, google-chrome shows a crash in the flash player plugin, as seen in this screenshot:

2.- Despues de algunos segundos, google-chrome mostro una falla en el plugin flash player, como se muestra en esta captura de pantalla:

fonomo-crash.png
fonomo-crash

3.- This is a screenshot of my fullscreen, where you can see the skype icon working and showing connection in the top panel (as required for the skype4pidgin)

3.- Esta es una captura de pantalla de mi pantalla completa, donde puede ver el icono de skype trabajando y mostrando coneccion en el panel superior (como es requerido por el skype4pidgin)

fonomo-fullscreen.png
fonomo-fullscreen

I am not sure but I begin guessing it is about the flash player plugin. I am not sure, and don't know what to do in order to replace the flash player in order to perform a test. Or what to do with the flash player so that the system can give communication to the webcam and the software.

No estoy muy seguro pero comienzo a sospechar que es acerca del plugin flash player. No estoy seguro, y no se que hacer para reemplazar el flash player de forma que se pueda realizar una prueba. O que hacer con el flash player de manera que el sistema pueda dar comunicacion a la webcam y el software.

I must confess that the aMSN software is working pretty fine with webcam and I can perform a video conference or simply send my webcam by using aMSN, nevertheless, aMSN is having its own problems, and is delaying a lot to start a session. Pidgin is lightweight and does exactly what I need. And fonomo is yet useful even for non-conversation window procedures.

Debo confesar que el software aMSN esta trabajando muy bien con la webcam y puedo realizar video conferencia o simplemente enviar mi webcam usando aMSN, sin embargo, aMSN tiene sus propios problemas y se demora demasiado en iniciar sesion. Pidgin es muy ligero y hace exactamente lo que necesito. Y fonomo es aun util para procedimientos que no requieren una ventana de conversacion.

Your opinion will be -for sure- helpful in this. Thank you // Tu opinion sera -con seguridad- muy util en esto. Gracias
Geppettvs! The Nuvogger
(formerly known as "LeMagnifique!")
Life's a bitch... then you die...
http://geppettvs.x10.mx
Gear:

Intel DG965SS Based MB
Intel Core2Duo 2.13
2 GB Kingston 667Mhz DDR2 DIMM
nVidia GeForce 9500GT Sparkle (1024MB)

1×IDE Samsung 80 GB HDD
3xSATA Western Digital 500GB
1xSATA SONY DVD RW AD-7240S
1xSATA Blu-Ray ATAPI BD O DH4O3S
1xUSB BTO HDD Case with
+++1xTOSHIBA 40GB 2.5" HDD
=>IT/ITE8212 Dual channel ATA RAID controller (+4 IDE Support)
+++3xSamsung 80GB IDE HDD
+++1xWestern Digital 360GB IDE HDD

ATI TvWonder TvTuner and *NEW* Pinnacle PCTV
Bamboo MTE-450 Pointing system

1xBLAZAR Power Supply 24Pin
+++2xMOLEX
++++4 Dividers
+++2xSATA
geppettvs
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:23 am

Hello geppettvs.

First to your Flash Player issue:

Selection_003.png

Second thing please look on Assaf (U.E Israel Admin site) post down the forum,
There I have post the instruction for the webcam and the packages that you need to add from synaptic.

Then we will see what you need more to add fo your support for the webcam.
Admin-Amir

Postby geppettvs » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Hello Amir, sorry for delaying, this is the first day I can come back to the computer, been suffering of an infection because of a broken tooth, so... you know...

Hola Amir, lamento el retraso, este es el primer dia que regreso a la computadora, he estado sufriendo una infeccion debido a una muela fracturada, asi que... ya sabes...

Well, after all it seems we are having progress on this, I followed your suggestion on flash player and it is working more stable. And googling I found this site (http://www.swift-tools.net/Flashcam/) which instructions were helpful on forcing flash player to recognize my webcam as a low quality camera, and the pinnacle pctv tuner is also recognized. So I can now jump from a device to another.

Bien, despues de todo parece que estamos progresando en esto, segui tus sugerencias sobre el flash player y esta funcionando mas estable. Y googleando encontre este sitio (http://www.swift-tools.net/Flashcam/) cuyas instrucciones fueron utiles en forzar al flash player a que reconociera mi webcam como una camara de baja calidad, y el sintonizador de television pinnacle pctv esta tambien reconocido. Asi que ahora puedo saltar de un dispositivo a otro.

You can see what i mean by taking a look into this screenshot: // Puedes ver lo que quiero decir echandole un vistazo a esta captura de pantalla:
Screenshot.png
fonomo

Now I have yet a problem: The TV Tuner is probably tuning something but no images in the screen, just good quality audio (32000 samples).

Ahora me queda un problema: El sintonizador de television probablemente esta sintonizando algo pero no hay imagenes en la pantalla, solo hay audio de buena calidad (de 32000 muestras)

I am going to check later today what can I do in order to gain access to the video (including changing my old coat hanger for a new antenna) and will let you know. Thank you for your patience and your help.

Voy a checar mas tarde hoy que puedo hacer para tener acceso al video (incluyendo cambiando mi viejo gancho de ropa por una antena nueva) y te dejare saber. Gracias por tu paciencia y tu ayuda.
Geppettvs! The Nuvogger
Gear:

Intel DG965SS Based MB
Intel Core2Duo 2.13

1×IDE Samsung 80 GB HDD
1xUSB BTO HDD Case with

+++2xMOLEX
++++4 Dividers
+++2xSATA
geppettvs
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:45 pm

welcome back geppettvs.
Hope now you are doing better. ;)
So you have set your webcam and it works Good work.
Now let's try to solve the issue with the TV-Tuner.
Under Applications => Ubuntu software Center.
Look for those packages to install on your machine:

1- MeTV.
2- Zapping TV Control Center.
3- Nvtv TV out - if you not using Nvidia Card do not install the package ( just do not remember what you have there now).
4-HDHomerun config Gui.

Now this tools must give you the option for the -TV-Tuner to start working.

please update on your status with the issue After you have install the packages and Restart your machine.
Admin-Amir

Postby geppettvs » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:50 pm

Well, everything seems working fine now. The TV Tuner was finally recognized after changing it from the 2d to the 1st place PCI slot. Now I can have both the camera and the TV tuner working fine at the same time, as you can see here.

Bueno, todo parece estar funcionando bien ahora. El sintonizador de television finalmente fue reconocido despues de cambiarlo del segundo al primer sitio en las ranuras PCI. Ahora puedo tener tanto la camara como el sintonizador de television funcionando al mismo tiempo segun puedes ver aqui.

itsworking.png
itsworking

I now have to check how to get the best of the signal (as I work in a bunker and the inside antennas aren't doing it well.) So we are about to wire an external air antenna in order to gain access to other channels broadcast (for now I can tune my own broadcast from air as I have the transmission tower very close to me). I will let you know after a couple of tests but the internal use antennas aren't doing the job (rare, as they used to work). Just give me a chance to finish wiring and I will update you with new results.

Ahora debo ver la forma de obtener la mejor señal, (ya que yo trabajo en un refugio y las antenas internas no estan funcionando bien) Asi que vamos a poner un cable para una antena aerea para tener acceso a la transmision de otros canales de television (por ahora solo puedo sintonizar mi propia transmision de aire ya que tengo la torre de transmision demasiado cerca). Te dejare saber despues de un par de pruebas pero el uso de antenas internas no estan haciendo el trabajo (raro, desde que si lo hacian). Solo dame oportunidad de terminar de cablear y te actualizare con nuevos resultados.

LEGAL: Provided images are with illustrative purposes only, I don't own the broadcast or the images shown on the TV Time or Fonomo, logos and brands belongs to their respective companies and this tests aren't for-profit in my benefit or for other's benefits.

LEGAL: Las imagenes se proporcionan con propositos ilustrativos unicamente, Yo no soy el propietario de la transmision de las imagenes que se muestran en el programa TV Time o en Fonomo, logotipos y marcas pertenecen a sus propias compañias y estas pruebas son sin fines de lucro ni en beneficio propio o de terceros.
Geppettvs! The Nuvogger
Gear:

Intel DG965SS Based MB
Intel Core2Duo 2.13

1×IDE Samsung 80 GB HDD
1xUSB BTO HDD Case with

+++2xMOLEX
++++4 Dividers
+++2xSATA
geppettvs
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:20 am

Hello geppettvs.

well my friend some good news from you for change. :D ;)

as I work in a bunker and the inside antennas aren't doing it well

say what , there is war out there and no one alarm on it. :D :D ;)

The way I see it you can use the MythTV to bypass so issues that you have with your process of broadcasting.

BTW- hope that can help you to get the access to the station that you want to broadcast.
http://www.ftalist.com/english.php
http://www.freetoair.com/
Admin-Amir

Postby geppettvs » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:51 pm

Hey Amir:

lol yeah... well... this building is a bit strong, you know... the walls are long width and there are grills all over the roof in order to avoid radiation and other bad frequencies from causing interference in other devices, such as the internet. You should see this years ago when attempting to make a dial-up connection... A big coil was needed in the phone line in order to clean it up enough as for making the connection (and I mean: a BIG coil, as much as 100 meters long)

lol si... bueno... este edificio es algo fuerte, tu sabes... las paredes son tan anchas y hay parrillas por todo el techo para evitar la radiacion y otras frecuencias de causar interferencia en otros dispositivos, tal como el internet. Deberias haber visto esto hace años cuando tratabamos de conectarnos con dial-up... Se requeria una gran bobina en la linea telefonica para poder limpiarla lo suficiente como para realizar la conexion (y me refiero a: una GRAN bobina, tan larga como de 100 metros)

Well I give this for good enough. My TV Tuner is working pretty fine and now I am just experiencing problems with the reception but it will be fixed when placing an antenna on the tower. The devices are working pretty fine, the webcam is now working when I need it and not just when it wants (lol) so... That's it!

Bueno, doy esto por suficientemente bueno. Mi sintonizador de television funciona muy bonito y ahora solo tengo problemas con la recepcion pero eso se solucionara cuando pongan una antena en la torre. Los dispositivos estan funcionando muy bien, la camara web ahora funciona cuando yo la necesito y no solamente cuando ella quiere (lol) asi que... Eso es!

Thank you very much for the help Amir, I wouldn't make it without your expertise guidance... I am in debt with you and hope this topic may help other users to fix something. Now let's go to continue with other experiments and I will probably later ask again... btw... I am starting a project on how to edit high definition video using linux... but it will be treated in a different topic if I need help. Now I know I can find it here. Thank you very much for everything.

Muchas gracias por tu ayuda Amir, no lo hubiera hecho sin tu guia experta... Estoy en deuda contigo y espero que este asunto pueda ayudar a otros usuarios a resolver algo. Ahora vamos a continuar con otros experimentos y probablemente te vuelva a preguntar otra vez mas tarde... por cierto... estoy iniciando un proyecto sobre como editar video de alta definicion usando linux... pero sera tratado en un tema distinto si necesito ayuda. Ahora ya se que la puedo encontrar aqui. Muchas gracias por todo...
Geppettvs! The Nuvogger
Gear:

Intel DG965SS Based MB
Intel Core2Duo 2.13

1×IDE Samsung 80 GB HDD
1xUSB BTO HDD Case with

+++2xMOLEX
++++4 Dividers
+++2xSATA
geppettvs
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Admin-Amir » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:03 pm

Hey geppettvs.

I was Happy to help on your process , and I will in the next time = you can count on it. <BREW> ;)
Tack care and good look with the experiments and your Guide. ;)

Thank you for your nice words my Friend. <BREW> ;)
Admin-Amir

Postby geppettvs » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:57 pm

For those interested into this problem and flash player issues.
Para los que les interese este problema y otras fallas del reproductor flash.

After performing the steps and installing the flashcam project, running the frame forwarder and some times restarting everything. Fonomo's website is experiencing the same problems...

Despues de realizar los pasos e instalar el proyecto flashcam, correr el desviador de cuadros y algunas veces reiniciar todo. El sitio web de Fonomo sigue teniendo los mismos problemas.

I don't know why exactly that happens in the fonomo website and seems to be privative of the site as other sites that I found are working correctly with flash player, using -of course- the flashcam frame forwarder. You must remember that my webcam is an old one. New webcams and specially those embedded into the screen of a netbook or notebook are working perfectly with no tricks.

No se por que exactamente ocurre esto en la pagina de fonomo y parece ser privativo del sitio ya que otros sitios que he encontrado funcionan correctamente con flash player, usando -por supuesto- el desviador de cuadros de flashcam. Debes recordar que mi webcam es una camara antigua. Las camaras nuevas y especialmente las que estan incrustadas en la pantalla de una netbook o notebook, funcionan perfectamente sin trucos.

I gave a try to ubiqq http://www.ubiqq.com/ and it is working perfectly with the flash player for a video conference. Which is not achieved by fonomo, even if they use the same flash player.

Le di una oportunidad a ubiqq http://www.ubiqq.com/ y funciona perfectamente con el reproductor flash para una videoconferencia. Lo cual no se logra con fonomo, aun si usan el mismo reproductor flash.

Instructions for installing the flashcam frame forwarder can be reached by clicking in this link: // Las instrucciones para instalar el desviador de cuadros flashcam puede ser alcanzado dando clic en este link:

http://www.swift-tools.net/Flashcam/

or simply download the source from this site: // o simplemente descargate la fuente desde este sitio:

http://www.swift-tools.net/Flashcam/flashcam-1.4.5.tgz

in a terminal go to the download place, find the file and unpack: // En una terminal, ve al lugar de descargas, encuentra el archivo y desempacalo:

Code: Select all
tar xvf flashcam-X.Y.tgz
cd flashcam-X.Y

build utilities and driver // compila las utilerias y driver
make

then -as root- install // entonces -como administrador- instala

sudo make install

test the driver // prueba el driver

sudo flashcam -L

The results should be like this // El resultado deberia ser como este:

Scanning devices
------
Found V4L2 Capture device: /dev/video0 (uvcvideo/USB 2.0 Camera)
Found V4L2 Capture device: /dev/video1 (sn9c102/SN9C1xx PC Camera)
------
Executing: 'modprobe vloopback pipes=2'

And in order to use it, you may probably need to run it each time you want to use, first you must check for running instances and stop them. // Y para usarlo puede ser que necesites arrancarlo cada vez que lo vas a usar, primero debes checar las instancias que se estan ejecutando y detenerlas:

sudo killall flashcam

Then run (again?) // y correrlo (otra vez?)
flashcam -qD

If you succeed on this, you may experience no problems with flash player in order to gain access to webcam and microphone. I personally have tested this and seems to be working fine in Ultimate Edition 2.5 and also in Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 bits

Si tienes exito con esto, puedes no tener mas problemas con el reproductor flash para poder tener acceso a la webcam y microfono. Personalmente lo he probado y parece estar funcionando bien en Ultimate Edition 2.5 y tambien en Ultimate Edition 2.8 de 32 bits

I am sure that you may find no problems with something like this and probably only people with old webcams may find this information useful.

Estoy seguro de que no tendras problemas con algo como esto y probablemente solo la gente con camaras antiguas pueden encontrar esta informacion util.

Whatever, have fun! // Lo que sea, diviertanse!

Greetings! // Saludos!

Here is a screenshot of ubiqq and flash player in action: // Aqui hay una captura de pantalla de ubiqq y del reproductor flash en accion.

ubiqq.png
ubiqq with a loopback in the same browser
Geppettvs! The Nuvogger
Gear:

Intel DG965SS Based MB
Intel Core2Duo 2.13

1×IDE Samsung 80 GB HDD
1xUSB BTO HDD Case with

+++2xMOLEX
++++4 Dividers
+++2xSATA
geppettvs
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate