Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

That last Ultimate Edition 2.5 Kernel update...

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.5

That last Ultimate Edition 2.5 Kernel update...

Postby Vespasian » Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 am

Just to be informative of a few issues... well, two :)

Well, I went online yesterday and Ultimate Edition began an automated update (not to 2.6, of course) and installed a new kernel.

The CPU is - for want of a better phrase - out of sync with itself. Normally the two cores have the same percentage use, more or less, but since the update, there has been wild variation in that. Core 1 will be between 16% and 80+% while Core 2 will mostly be between 3% and 6%, sometimes 15% and 20%. This variation swaps over, of course, though not with any regularity. I have no idea if this is normal or not: It may be just that the updates are giving me a faster CPU% update time.

It seems to be a hell of a lot slower and, in some cases unresponsive, inclined to freeze . Software is taking longer to load, even with all effects disabled. Switching between applications is slow as well, taking about 5 seconds or more.

Oh well. Think I'll be sticking to the older kernel for a while... unless this is failing hardware :D
3rd hand hopelessly outdated piece of sh**!
100Gb HD, 1GB RAM, 512 G210

2nd hand Dell, unknown spec not yet in use.
Vespasian
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Location: Between worlds, between dimensions: Like the cat, half in, half out all the time.
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 32 BIT

Re: That last Ultimate Edition 2.5 Kernel update...

Postby DarkSoul_DST » Wed May 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Did the update yesterday to .Computer slowed way down froze up alot.Right now running off the 2.6 live CD,the system finally completely crashed.Tried to see what was going on everything I tried just comes up with (Failed to execute child process "this will be whatever you try to use"(input/output) error.2.5 will boot in on hard drive just can not do a thing.Tried to put 2.6 in thru Install finds the hard drive and says its empty.But when you try to install comes up with an error,tried gpart cant find device.Looks like I am going to be doing another Kill Disk session and re-doing 2.5.
MotherBoard Asrock Alive NF7G-HD720p Rev5.0 NVIDIA® GeForce 7050 / nForce 630A MCP Chipsets
XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1 GB Graphics Card HD435XZAH2
Disabled Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce7 Series (NV44) DX9.0 VGA, Pixel Shader 3.0, Max. shared memory 256MB
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Ready
RAM Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Black Edition Processor Model ADO5000DSWOF
HARDDRIVE Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAJS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
OS UE2.5 64 bit
OS UE2.6 64 bit
DarkSoul_DST
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed May 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Hello PPL.

Did you try to use the script to clean packages and old kernels?
That should make the 2.5 work OK.
Admin-Amir

Postby DarkSoul_DST » Wed May 12, 2010 6:08 pm

As for me yes did it ,its like I am locked out of my system now.Everything I try to do now comes up with the child process error.I even tried to get it to command prompt on boot up ,get the user name in but the password spot doesnt show up.
MotherBoard Asrock Alive NF7G-HD720p Rev5.0 NVIDIA® GeForce 7050 / nForce 630A MCP Chipsets
Disabled Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce7 Series (NV44) DX9.0 VGA, Pixel Shader 3.0, Max. shared memory 256MB
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Ready
RAM Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Black Edition Processor Model ADO5000DSWOF
OS UE2.5 64 bit
OS UE2.6 64 bit
DarkSoul_DST
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed May 12, 2010 6:12 pm

DarkSoul_DST

Looks like the best thing to do is fresh install of the system.
Admin-Amir

Postby DarkSoul_DST » Wed May 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Yeah thats what I figured just not going to do it right now.On other computer messing around trying to get NVIDIA working with 2.6 .About ready to go and get an ATI board out of attic and put on motherboard for video.The video working fine but for some reason when I try to run WOW on wine says it cant find the video driver.But besides that the NVIDIA working fine.
Thanks Amir
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Ready
OS UE2.5 64 bit
OS UE2.6 64 bit
DarkSoul_DST
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Vespasian » Wed May 12, 2010 8:20 pm

Aye, I've removed the old Kernels. The strange thing for me - which points in my case to hardware - is that the same slowdown is happening in windows.

My slowdown is not as drastic as Dark's, but it happens mainly in internet browsers and things graphical. All 3d games freeze completely... possibly the graphics card drivers and the Kernel don't agree with each other so well?
3rd hand hopelessly outdated piece of sh**!
100Gb HD, 1GB RAM, 512 G210

2nd hand Dell, unknown spec not yet in use.
Vespasian
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Location: Between worlds, between dimensions: Like the cat, half in, half out all the time.
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu May 13, 2010 7:56 am

Hello Vespasian,DarkSoul_DST.

First sorry for the Reinstall of the system = part of the training in Linux ;)

About the Nvidia Card - try to use Blackwolf solution for the Nvidia Cards.

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install linux-headers-server linux-image-server linux-server

Vespasian, I do not see any way that there has to be that kind of "war" with your MS.
see if you have Update your MS system to the last SP , and if all Updates/Upgrades were done there.
About Explorer - well not much to say about it :?
Admin-Amir

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.5