Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Printer sharing...

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.5

Printer sharing...

Postby kbozz71 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:13 pm

Please help. I've googled, binged, yahoo'd you name it to no avail. My wife has a laptop with windows xp pro, and she needs to be able to print to the printer on my Ultimate Edition machine. I've been unable to find any clear instructions on this. I can find the printer in the web browser of the xp machine on port 631, but can't map to it. It always says network path not found. I can ping back and forth though. Thanks in advance for any help.
kbozz71
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Printer sharing...

Postby dathem » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:36 pm

Hello, I tried the printer sharing using the same set up that you have, and was unable to get it to work. As a possible work around this would be to have her email the files to your computer to print out. Sorry I can't help any more than that, maybe someone else will be able to too soon.
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Re: Printer sharing...

Postby Moebius » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:35 am

Hi kbozz71,
I'm not currently in U.E but the following should still be the same.
Click on System > Administration > Printing
Right click on your printer icon and enable Shared.

On your XP unit, go to the control panel and add a printer. Follow the Wizard and choose to install a network printer (not local). Choose browse then simply find the printer and click on it.

If you cannot see the printer when you browse, reboot your U.E machine and try to browse for it again on the XP unit.

Cheers.
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook