Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Install issues

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.5

Install issues

Postby serpentine5 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:48 pm

Hey guys, I was given a PC Clone from my father in law, who said that the mother in law downloaded viruses to it and the computer was dead. I got it home, booted it up and was able to log into her XP account, look at some of her files and what not... the comp is a intel 2.66 duel... the bios boot screen does not give any info, just a brief 3 second option to hit F2 to go into the bios or F10 to go to the boot sequence. when I load the CD, it goes and asks me what language I want, then allows me to tell it to start up/install. I get the Ultimate Edition screen with the loading bar, then the loading bar goes away, and the screen goes black. nothing from this point forward.
Is it possible that the system is a 64 where the CD is for the 32? would this cause this?
I am not sure how to find out what bit the processor is....
Any other idea on this if it isnt the bit that is causing this?

Ok, I just logged into the XP account, and found that in the system info page, it is listed as an x86 system... thats not a 64 system, but a 32 right?
Running:
Dual boot: XP Pro and Ultimate Edition 2.5
AMD Athlon 3200
GeForce FX 5200
1gig Ram
Audigy Gamer
x86

Anything I am forgetting here?
serpentine5
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: Install issues

Postby Alamue » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Any X64 CPU also contains most X86 based protocols and should work vice versa, in most cases 64 bit is intended for people who have 4GB+ RAM, as such most Windows installs will be X86 (32 bit).

Have you tried the Ctrl+Alt+Reisub? I kinda remember doing this when I was troubleshooting an old 6.04 Ubuntu install issue, and it would drop it into Command line and let me know what was going on during boot.

Any chance you can take a look at the windows Device Manager? (Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager) and find out some more info like Graphics card etc.....?

Also, in most cases an Intel Core2Duo will be X64 compliant
Main rig:
Q9550 @ 3.6 Ghz (4.2 Ghz Benchable)
Asus Rampage Extreme X48
8 GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3-1601 Mhz (2000 rated)
4x WD 1 TB Black edition drives, 2x RAID 0 Arrays
2x XFX 4890 XT 1 GB Video cards, Crossfired
Dual Dell S2409Wb's on Neoflex arms
CPU and NB, chilled via CoolIT Boreas, modified
GPU's cooled via 360 mm Rad
Alamue
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 32 BIT

Postby Cell » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:48 pm

It should just say in text that your using the wrong architecture as soon as you load the dvd.I believe all Intel core 2 processors are 64 bit...not 100% sure tho.

Did you verify the checksum of the download?Also verify the burn?What copy did you download?

Edit:Lol,Alamue beat me to it. ;)
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby TexasMike » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:00 pm

serpentine,
To verify your CPU do this: Left-click on the Start button and then Right-click on the item My Computer; read your CPU type from the lower right of this dialog box; you might also note how much RAM it says is installed, also.

It is most important to verify the downloaded ISO file by running MD5SUM on the file, and comparing it to the MD5SUM that is posted in the Download link information of thje Download site (juse Copy/Paste this into a wordpad or Notepad doc and save for reference after your DL is complete. You can find MD5SUM for Windows at this link: http://www.md5summer.org/. Be sure the results of running MD5SUM matches the MD5SUM given on the DL site exactly - this will verify that the DL is NOT corrupted if they match exactly. :!:

Then you must burn the DVD at the slowest speed your burner can achieve - 4X or slower is best and preferred. ;)

As for using 64-bit or 32-bit, if you're not sure if your CPU is 64-bit or 32-bit, then DL the 32-bit version, and it will work on either 64-bit or 32-bit CPUs. If you late discover your CPU is 64-bit, the dL that version using the same precautions above, and re-install.
Let me/us know if any of this info or the previous posts are helpful to you or not, and be assured we are here to assist if you need us. ;)
Shop PC:
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX TUF (The Ultimate Force) R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 9370 @ 4.4GHz Bulldozer Eight Core Black Edition
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengance Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz
Video: ATI 7770HD GHZ Edition 2GB PCIe 3.0
Hard Drives: Seagate 2TB, Seagate 500GB, Maxtor 500GB
SSD Drives: OCZ-Vertex4 128GB, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
DVD Drive: Plextor PX-L890SA
Power Suipply: RaidMax Modular 1200Watt

Home:
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3
CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3ghZ
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Video: nVdia GTX650
Drives:1TB SATAIII, 2ea 500GB SATAIII,
SSD: Samsung EV840 mSATa 250GB
CD/DVD: Plextor PL-890SA
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster T260
MultiBoot OS: Ultimate Edition 3.4.2x64, 4.2x64-Lite, WIN7x64, WIN8.1x64
Power Supply: Corsair 850Watt
TexasMike
Site Admin

Postby serpentine5 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:15 am

Ok, so a 64 is reverse compatible... cool.
As for the checksum... didnt know about it... I dl'd it and burned it, and installed it on this computer without any issues... have it installed here as a duel boot, though I am not happy with this setup.. i have to do everything again and get the drives in order... but that isnt a Ultimate Edition issue, its a me issue... it works fine...
not sure what the problem on the other computer is...

Now I got to the language selection, selected ENGLISH, and then tried OEM install. it made its way to the desktop, but the search thing that shows up in the center of the desktop would not respond, and then an error popped up in the upper left top and I told it to close and a black box stayed there preventing me from using any of the menus, or hitting the install icon that I got on this computer when I would run the cd in this one to install it.

I will get the stats on the other comp and post here.
Running:
Dual boot: XP Pro and Ultimate Edition 2.5
AMD Athlon 3200
GeForce FX 5200
1gig Ram
Audigy Gamer
x86

Anything I am forgetting here?
serpentine5
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Cell » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Ill tell ya tho...even a bad downloaded iso will install,and seem fine.It won't be stable.I really recommend that you check the sum of the iso.If you have any other challenges everything is moot unless you know the checksum is good!
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive