Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Great way to install Ultimate Edition with preloaded ccsm profile and more

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.5

Great way to install Ultimate Edition with preloaded ccsm profile and more

Postby hariks0 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:26 pm

After installing Ultimate Edition 2.5 I created a USB Startup Disk and rebooted to it. while In USB Ubuntu, I had made some changes such as ccsm coniguration, saving a file in the Documents folder etc. They were available after another reboot.

My question is, if the files and modifications could be retained/saved in the live Ubuntu in the USB, is not it possible to install applications into it. My idea is to have an Ultimate Edition startup disk that has my ccsm profile preloaded and Ubuntu pocket guide saved in Documents etc. The same could be used to install the Complete Ubuntu to many PCs.

Please confirm whether it is possible ? If yes tell me how to create an .iso image of this USB.

AptOncd is not an answer as it only backs up the .deb files. Remastersys has proved to be a bit complicated.

Thanks in advance.
How to setup Windoze equivalent keyboard shortcuts with ccsm.
P DC 3.00 MHz
2.5 GB DDR2
250 GB SATA
17" CRT
and of course :) U E 2.5 32bit and W7u.
hariks0
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 64 BIT

Re: Great way to install Ultimate Edition with preloaded ccsm pr

Postby JOHNNYG » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:05 pm

JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Great way to install Ultimate Edition with preloaded ccs

Postby geppettvs » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi, sorry if I am writing to an old (probably closed) thread. // Hola, lamento si estoy escribiendo en un tema viejo (probablemente cerrado)

I have the same question: As I did the same as hariks0 and customized my usb hard disk drive which I use for installing Ultimate Edition (well, I haven't used for a few months) but my intention was to have such a "portable version" of Ultimate Edition which I was about to run as a test for plugging into a few computers in order to see what happens and how possible can be to work with this "live hard disk" when out from my main system. I really hate arriving home and getting in these Windows OS based computers that makes me feel useless at all.

Tengo la misma pregunta: Como yo hice lo mismo que hariks0 y personalize mi disco duro usb, el cual yo uso para instalar Ultimate Edition (bien, no lo he usado for algunos meses) pero mi intencion era tener tal "version portatil" de Ultimate Edition la cual iba a correr como prueba para conectarla en algunas computadoras y ver que pasaba y que tan posible puede ser trabajar con este "live hard disk" cuando estoy fuera de mi sistema principal. De veras aborrezco llegar a casa y encontrarme con esas computadoras con sistemas operativos basados en windows que me hacen sentir de veras inutil.

I have also seen that the ccsm profile is kept after the reboot, documents and I was about to check for propietary drivers but I ran out of disk space (only a 6GB hard disk drive for this time's test :lol: haha)

Tambien he visto que el perfil ccsm se mantiene despues de la reiniciada, los documentos tambien y lo que yo iba a checar eran los drivers propietarios pero me quede sin espacio en disco duro (es solo un disco duro de 6GB para la prueba de esta ocasion :lol: haha)

If possible I would also want to override the initial options selector of the install disk (that place where you are asked for language, keyboard layout and offers options for the installation)

Si es posible, tambien me gustaria evadir el selector de opciones iniciales del disco de instalacion (ese lugar donde se te pregunta el lenguaje, disposicion de teclado y te ofrece opciones para la instalacion)

If install disk customization isn't the choice I would like to know if Ultimate Edition 2.5 (or any other version) can be installed in a usb hard disk drive or a usb pendrive, memory or something. I haven't find the usb disk, pendrive nor the usb memory when trying to partition the disks in the install process.

Si la personalizacion del disco de instalacion no es la opcion me gustaria saber si Ultimate Edition 2.5 (o cualquier otra version) puede ser instalado en un disco duro usb o un pendrive, memoria o algo. No he encontrado el disco usb, pendrive ni la memoria usb cuando trato de particionar los discos en el proceso de instalacion.

I have read the ubuntu forums thread suggested by JOHNNYG on December 19, 2009, but it looks like someting different as what I want to do. Just let me know. Or you tell me in order to open a new thread if necessary.

Ya lei el tema en ubuntu forums sugerido por JOHNNYG el 19 de Diciembre de 2009, pero se asemeja a algo diferente de lo que yo quiero hacer. Dejenme saber o diganme para abrir un nuevo tema si es necesario.

Thanks in advance. // Gracias anticipadas.
Geppettvs! The Nuvogger
(formerly known as "LeMagnifique!")
Life's a bitch... then you die...
http://geppettvs.x10.mx
Gear:

Intel DG965SS Based MB
Intel Core2Duo 2.13
2 GB Kingston 667Mhz DDR2 DIMM
nVidia GeForce 9500GT Sparkle (1024MB)

1×IDE Samsung 80 GB HDD
3xSATA Western Digital 500GB
1xSATA SONY DVD RW AD-7240S
1xSATA Blu-Ray ATAPI BD O DH4O3S
1xUSB BTO HDD Case with
+++1xTOSHIBA 40GB 2.5" HDD
=>IT/ITE8212 Dual channel ATA RAID controller (+4 IDE Support)
+++3xSamsung 80GB IDE HDD
+++1xWestern Digital 360GB IDE HDD

ATI TvWonder TvTuner and *NEW* Pinnacle PCTV
Bamboo MTE-450 Pointing system

1xBLAZAR Power Supply 24Pin
+++2xMOLEX
++++4 Dividers
+++2xSATA
geppettvs
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT