Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Usb boot problem

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.5

Re: Usb boot problem

Postby JOHNNYG » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:45 pm

Moebius wrote:
copain wrote:Thanx johnyyg..ok.do you think is there method to make a full working Ultimate Edition portable.?nowadays even windows os can be portable by modifying some registry entries..then why dont we can.?
Its such a beautiful concept of a fully generic portable Ultimate Edition..
I am not an expert..
I think somebody will do it later.
Thanx mate

Hi copain.
Yes there is. Try using the Advanced search here for USB Persistant.

Cheers.

This one ?
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/01/25 ... buntu-610/
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Moebius » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:56 pm

Thinking more along the lines of this thread for starters: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1056&start=0

<BREW>
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby copain » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:47 am

Thnx al 4 these wonderful answers.i wil try wid tis and tel u soon
copain
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 32 BIT

Postby anatabrec » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:29 pm

JOHNNYG wrote:But still has plug And play capability, And yes I do believe if you use unetbootin to a USB flash drive will allow you to plug in to any PC (that allows booting from USB or NETwork) and demo or install as you would with a DVD with the same architecture X86 or 64BIT. :ugeek:

I'm sorry to disagree, but unetbootin won't work with this edition of Ultimate Edition. I've been using unetbootin to install live cds distros into my 16GB pendrive and they all work flawlessly, and so Ultimate Edition did, until version 2.3. When 2.4 version was released I tried to install it into my pendrive, an the installation processes finished without any problem, then rebooted, and proceeded through the selection menu created into my pendrive by unetbootin.No problems at that point and Ultimate Edition finished loading (the progress bar at the beginning filled completely), but when the Ultimate Edition cursor appeared in the middle of the black screen (the gray rotating globe cursor with the"Ultimate Edition" letters) it just stayed there rotating eternally and no desktop is loaded, no OS, no nothing, it just rotates in the middle of the black background. I was hoping this issue was corrected when Ultimate Edition 2.5 was released, but it turns that it suffers that same problem, that same eternally rotating globe cursor.

If someone knows some way to correct this problem and make unetbootin work with Ultimate edition 2.5 from windows I'll be eternally grateful, since it has been impossible to me to make it work. I don't understand why the older releases worked perfect with unetbootin and now the newest ones don't. I thought it was a general problem with ubuntu 9.10, but it does work with unetbootin and can be loaded from a pendrive.

Thanks in advance for those who can provide the answer. ;)
anatabrec
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.0 Gamers

Postby copain » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:37 am

As anatabrec said the ue2.5 doesnt work with unetbootin,how can i do it in a simple way..
There is lot of tutorials to make Ultimate Edition usb persistent but all are related to the old versions of Ultimate Edition or ubuntu.is there any working flawless method to make Ultimate Edition 2.5
usb bootable?
copain
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby copain » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:53 am

i have tried to create live usb persistent of ue2.5 using unetbootin but it didnt work. when i tried to boot after install,i got error of bootloader means "replace the disk"etc ..i think the bootloader didnt install correctly.. when i loooked into the disk root,there are files like syslinux.cfg,ubnfilel.txt,ubninit,,ubukern,ubnpathl.txt,ubuntu and vesamenu.c32 apart from the files in the cd..i think unetbootin is using the syslinux as bootloader ???????????
also plz tell me whtz the bootloader of ue2.5????is it the grub or grub2 or syslinux????
plz help...
copain
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby copain » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:45 am

hi all plzzzzz help me again in trouble.....
i hv made usb start up disk using the inbuilt start up disk creator of ue2.5...everything worked perfectly..after the copying of files when i tried to boot from usb the firstboot screen came containing the different options...i selected the option 'start or install' and then only the Ultimate Edition globe is rotating and nothing happens...Ultimate Edition symbol globe is simply rotating...
one of the user had alredy specified this problem when used with unetbootin...igot this with native method to install to usb....is there any method to resolve this??
copain
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.5