Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.5 has been Released

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.5

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.5 has been Released

Postby argh2xxx » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:35 am

I installed Ultimate Edition 2.5, but after I ran nmap -sTU x.x.x.x, I saw

PORT STATE SERVICE
5800/tcp open vnc-http
5900/tcp open vnc

When I try to close the service, I couldn't find it in bum. I look everywhere and every way to close the service to close down the ports, but I could find these. Any help?
argh2xxx
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

a xsplash problem with karmic

Postby sambolinux » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:00 am

Thanks to theemahn and all at ultimate , this distro is about as close to a "aio" one can get in distros and is really, really good . I especially like all the eye candy that I never could get to work with Ubuntu. I guess because I do not program but copy and paste-- I really hate typing !!! One thing though I think you might want to separate the theme packages from xsplash themes because one cannot remove the xsplash without removing the whole theme package. I mean to change xsplash you have to reinstall Ubuntu artwork then install your personal xsplash ;but while doing so, it removes the whole theme not just the xsplash theme. if anyone knows how to change this please let me know. Thanks again for the great distro.
Computer: Antec NSK6500 case, MSI K9A2 Platinum, BE940 Phenom II,6gig ddr2 1066mhz ram, 4 sata hd (1 250gb seagate w/acronis for op sys bkp only and 1 TB wd green for movie bkp only and disconnected) , 3 1TB wd black sata II(no raid),Zalman 9700 air cooler, on board realsucks sound, Sony 42" hdtv connected to a 4670 ATI Radeon video card/ w Zalman 900 air cooler(very quiet) , 21.5 in Acer lcd monitor(cheap monitor finally died) , 2 ide dvd rw drives LG , 1 sata hp 340i bluray disk writer
OP sys : Win XP Pro, 1 Win7-64bit-ultimate and 1 custom precise 12.04 with all media codecs compiled by me and a bunch of media encoders.
sambolinux
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby ekoice » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:56 am

Updated Links
Take a look into the http://www.ultimate-edition.org/
Ultimate Edition section, added : Torrent links + Direct link from my DE server.

soon Rapidshare links.

thank you. :)
ekoice

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby ekoice » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:19 pm

1st post edited with :
Torrent Links, Rapidshare links.

thanks.
ekoice

Postby drtarga » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:58 pm

yeah, finally <BREW>

thx to the person with the idea of rapidshare :) so i can download it fast ^^ cant wait til i can install 2,5 at my system :) cheers again & greetings from kurdistan dudes
drtarga
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby DarkChild » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:43 pm

drtarga wrote:yeah, finally <BREW>

thx to the person with the idea of rapidshare :) so i can download it fast ^^ cant wait til i can install 2,5 at my system :) cheers again & greetings from kurdistan dudes

The guy behind the rapidshare links post is right above yours. ekoice is the man you should thank for uploading the OS to RS ;)
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby Dan12879 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:51 pm

2.5 is amazing, Good job TheeMahn, and the other staff.
Dan12879
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby gjringo » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:07 pm

THANKYOU THEEMAN and ALL CONTRIBUTORS; no need for anymore distro hopping.Solid out of the box! All others can now drop off;and I can be (I am constantly distracted) learning foundations and hopefully contributing constructively. htt :D :D
"The powers of financial capitalism had [a] far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences."
Carroll Quigley, 'Tragedy and Hope'

KUBUNTU : 13.10
OS4 OpenLinux 13.7 KDE
nOS 1.5
Intel P45 Quad 9550 @2.83GHz
Intergrated Audio-Realtek ALC888 4GB DDR2
WD 500GB main drive WD320GB external drive
Nvidia GeForce 9800GT 1024MB
BenQ G2410 HD display Altec Lansing 5.1 sound
2 Cor 13:14
gjringo
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby ekoice » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:53 pm

you are more than welcome ppl.

Just doing what i can do better, sharing :)
ekoice

Re: Yes, it is coming...

Postby D1Knight » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:56 am

TheeMahn wrote:
D1Knight wrote:
DarkChild wrote:Hello D1Knight.

Please do not post any link or give the users any idea of where they could get the os to download. Please keep it to your self. I've remove the clue/link from the above post. The os is not released to the general public yet!! Do not take it personal, i mean no disrespect!!

I apologize. :oops: I see your point. :idea: Everything, is not quite ready for the onslaught of downloads. ;) Yes, in the future I shall keep it to myself, unless I am told different. :) I thank you kindly for removing the clue/link. 8-) No, I did not take it personal. :) I totally understand where you are coming from on this subject. :) I thank you for being very considerate. :D Have a great week/end! :) Peace.

Not that I am going to lose sleep; how is it you have access to 2.5? The xyz link is what I refer to. Let me break down my loss of concern. Last month I sent out 450+ terabytes a eye awaking experience to most folk, my goal was 500 (1/2 a petabyte). I have been contacted many a time to ask to quit hosting the O/S and just program / release O/S's. It is what the general public feels that deem I do best.

While you as the end user may agree, to me I have been there as far as being shutdown for excessive traffic. Do you feel the mirrors should endure the burden? Well now you all have your wish, I will not host the O/S, you will get it when the mirrors say they are ready. Or as you have done find it elsewhere. I would suggest not to lose all hope, things as far as Ultimate Edition have gotten larger, Ultimate Edition 2.4 is now hosted through Sorceforge now, a huge step in the right direction, let them have the petabytes ;)

Do not think it ends there, I also host the repo and is responsible for a majority of traffic greater then all ISO traffic. Do you know what this tells me? We have solid users, not use it once move on to the next O/S.

I pray I can get an admin to volunteer for the repo job. That is a job within a job. Then maybe I can do the job you as the public "deemed" me to have. Once the responsibility is understood the buck stops there. I have been doing it for years.

Maybe, I should write software that makes it so easy a caveman can do it ;)

Hi TheeMahn! :) In reference to your question-"how is it you have access to 2.5? The xyz link is what I refer to." :?: My bad, :oops: I totally "jumped the gun", I apologize. :( What happened was I went to the main home page and read-"I have beyond finishing Ultimate Edition 2.5 (it is uploading right now). I have been writing a few toys for you fellas, they are built into the currently unreleased Ultimate Edition 2.5."

I only read the first sentence, then I went to the "xyz link/site"and behold Ultimate Edition 2.5 was there. I should have read on, beforehand. :oops: Then after I visited the Ultimate Edition forum I started to realize with DarkChild's help, that I was too early for downloading Ultimate Edition 2.5 (Testing was going on?). I shall wait from now on. :oops: I need to visit the forum more often, and before I download, look for "X is released", then OK to now download.

If there is anything I can do to pitch in and help around here, I would be happy to. I'll do my best. :) IMHO (n00b), Sorceforge does sound "big time", for help in hosting. I only started into the Linux waters, summer of '08. My 1st and only computer got it in 2006 w/Windoze XP (I won't bore you with my "Windoze grief stories". ;) ) About a year ago I tried Ultimate Edition for the first time V2.0-excellent release (I liked the HAL9000 voice) and each release just keeps getting better. I appreciate you. :) Peace and Merry Christmas!
D1Knight
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.5