Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.5 has been Released

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.5

Re: a xsplash problem with karmic

Postby JOHNNYG » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:18 pm

sambolinux wrote:Thanks to theemahn and all at ultimate , this distro is about as close to a "aio" one can get in distros and is really, really good . I especially like all the eye candy that I never could get to work with Ubuntu. I guess because I do not program but copy and paste-- I really hate typing !!! One thing though I think you might want to separate the theme packages from xsplash themes because one cannot remove the xsplash without removing the whole theme package. I mean to change xsplash you have to reinstall Ubuntu artwork then install your personal xsplash ;but while doing so, it removes the whole theme not just the xsplash theme. if anyone knows how to change this please let me know. Thanks again for the great distro.

WHOOOW Hold on there big guy, I think your making it more difficult than needs be! :o If your doing this in terminal stop! First to change your xsplash manualy:
In terminal type sudo nautilus navigate file system>usr>share> images, Open Images you will see xsplash folder(s) as long as the xsplash folder says "xsplash it will be used as the xsplash to store other xsplashs simply name spare ones as "xsplash1" "xsplash2" and so on to activate a stored xsplash rename the current one with another number not in use, and remove (rename) the number off the stored xsplash to read .... xsplash, now if you open the xsplash folder you will see all of the different resolutions of images and the throbber .png's,(the throbber png's will over lay your new image) you can swap out those images for yours, by using GIMP and scale image to match .(save the original xsplash folder for back up)
OR Just install the scripts in the package, If you want to change the xsplash to a GDM log in window I have included that as well and also included is my how to GRUB2 boot splash! you can also find new xplashs and GDM's at Gnome-Look :D
Attachments
Desktop.tar.gz
(2.54 MiB) Downloaded 312 times
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.5 has been Released

Postby sambolinux » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:08 am

thanks johnnyg !!!
Computer: Antec NSK6500 case, MSI K9A2 Platinum, BE940 Phenom II,6gig ddr2 1066mhz ram, 4 sata hd (1 250gb seagate w/acronis for op sys bkp only and 1 TB wd green for movie bkp only and disconnected) , 3 1TB wd black sata II(no raid),Zalman 9700 air cooler, on board realsucks sound, Sony 42" hdtv connected to a 4670 ATI Radeon video card/ w Zalman 900 air cooler(very quiet) , 21.5 in Acer lcd monitor(cheap monitor finally died) , 2 ide dvd rw drives LG , 1 sata hp 340i bluray disk writer
OP sys : Win XP Pro, 1 Win7-64bit-ultimate and 1 custom precise 12.04 with all media codecs compiled by me and a bunch of media encoders.
sambolinux
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Other O/S

Re: a xsplash problem with karmic

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:11 am

sambolinux wrote:Thanks to theemahn and all at ultimate , this distro is about as close to a "aio" one can get in distros and is really, really good . I especially like all the eye candy that I never could get to work with Ubuntu. I guess because I do not program but copy and paste-- I really hate typing !!! One thing though I think you might want to separate the theme packages from xsplash themes because one cannot remove the xsplash without removing the whole theme package. I mean to change xsplash you have to reinstall Ubuntu artwork then install your personal xsplash ;but while doing so, it removes the whole theme not just the xsplash theme. if anyone knows how to change this please let me know. Thanks again for the great distro.

This is not my fault; Ubuntu in their infinite wisdom seems to think the end user should only have one Xsplash period. The script will warn you of this and provide you the command to remove your Xsplash you just created, should you decide to do so. As a matter of fact if you install kubuntu's xsplash in ubuntu you will be greeted the same way.

As far as the Ultimate Edition 2.5 theme pack that was the only way I could get it to replace ubuntu's xsplash, so in that aspect I fully understand why it ripped the theme out ( a single deb, xsplash being part of it). If I were to split the deb into 2 parts users with the Ultimate Edition 2.5 theme the xsplash would be ripped out. If you would have followed the sudo apt-get remove command provided by the xsplash maker it would not have ripped out the theme. I hope you can understand why I did things in the way I did. I had no "real" choice.

If you want things back to the way they were open a terminal and reinstall the Ultimate Edition 2.5 theme pack:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install ultimate-edition-theme-2.5

I am not trying to be a prick, but if you have a solid understanding of the way debs work & have an alternative that will not effect our users I am all ears.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby PABHERE » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:38 am

Hi, this is my first post.

I am having problems with the rapidshare link for part 11 of the 32 bit version, it says that my IP address it downloading a file so I can not download this file - but I am not.

Could this be a problem with skipscreen or is it a problem with rapidshare?

No problem with the other links - it takes 25 to 30 minutes per link to download them but it took me 12 hours to download 2.3 gamers edition in one big lump.

Before I end this post, Ultimate Edition is a major improvement on the basic version of Ubuntu.
PABHERE
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.0 Gamers

Postby ekoice » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:13 pm

PABHERE wrote:Hi, this is my first post.

I am having problems with the rapidshare link for part 11 of the 32 bit version, it says that my IP address it downloading a file so I can not download this file - but I am not.

Could this be a problem with skipscreen or is it a problem with rapidshare?

No problem with the other links - it takes 25 to 30 minutes per link to download them but it took me 12 hours to download 2.3 gamers edition in one big lump.

Before I end this post, Ultimate Edition is a major improvement on the basic version of Ubuntu.

Welcome to Ultimate Edition community Board.
The rapidshare links are working fine, is just a trick rapidshare uses to make you buy a premium account.
suggestion : restart your router and get a new IP <BREW>
ekoice

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:16 pm

ahh the disappearing reply button is back! I really am liking 2.5! The wireless access is super and I am really pleased that there are more apps pre-installed. Downside is that it doesn't look like I can install Songbird without some kludging.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby sambolinux » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Thanks TheeMahn , I figured a way to do what what i wanted to do : instead of always having to edit various programs; (e.g. grub cfg, and others,sorry not on ultimate right now), I used a generic word for all of them "xsplash" ,now all I have to do is change name of the pictures and files to xsplash that I want to use and presto everything from the grub screen to login screen is the same pict and theme . I still have not figured out the sound though still working on it. but thanks again TheeMahn for your response.
sambolinux
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby akshaykakar » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:33 am

i got Ultimate Edition 2.5 recently, but it is not able to locate wireless networks. Apparently, all softwares required are already installed. the wireless worked well on the 2.3 edition. where can i find some help?
akshaykakar
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby DarkChild » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:35 am

akshaykakar wrote:i got Ultimate Edition 2.5 recently, but it is not able to locate wireless networks. Apparently, all softwares required are already installed. the wireless worked well on the 2.3 edition. where can i find some help?

Hello and welcome to the Ultimate Edition forums akshaykakar. It is good to have you here :D

Have you tried the option that says "connect to hidden wireless network"? If you haven't i am suggesting that you do. Look at the screen shot below for an example;
Attachments
Screenshot-1.png
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby PABHERE » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:09 am

Thanks for the tip Blackwolf. :D

Unfortunately it did not work for me this time, maybe next time. I even tried connect using my ethernet cable instead of wifi, which did alter my IP address slightly, but not enough.

I then tried Incognito, which worked after changing my IP address at least a dozen times including to Germany instead of the UK, but it would have taken between approximately 3 1/2 hours to 9 hours over the Tor network.

I have used rapidshare lots of times before but this is the only one that has caused me problems. I did try Megashare :( before this but the less I say the better.

Finally I downloaded the torrent which only took 7 hours for the 32 bit version & 4 hours for the 64 bit (I plan on buy a new computer or a second hand pc which I can have fun upgrading in the new year). I am now seeding.
:D :D
PABHERE
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.0 Gamers

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.5