Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Create .ISO of Ultimate Edition custom setup

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.4

Create .ISO of Ultimate Edition custom setup

Postby btraxinger » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:42 pm

Hello everyone, I did a quick search of the forum but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I was wondering, after installing and customizing 2.4 to my liking, if I could make an exact copy of my linux setup, so I wouldn't have to reinstall all programs again upon a reformat. Does anyone know a solution to this? Thanks guys.

*First Post (:
btraxinger
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: Create .ISO of Ultimate Edition custom setup

Postby Cell » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:51 pm

Remastersys?or reconstructor.One of our own Admins is part of the reconstructor project.(Redteam is who I believe)

Make sure it works with Karmic first.If it does it usually will work with Ultimate Edition

Let us know how it goes.I've used both. The first is less geeky as the later,and I believe can be installed from synaptics.
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby jslick1jim » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:16 pm

ImageMotherboard Msi Eclipse Sli
Cpu intel i7 920
Mem 6gig ddr3
x-fi extreme audio
ps2 keyboard
usb razer mouse
2 sata2 320 wd hd
2 ide 320 wd hd
2 segate 1tb hd
4 wd black 1tb hd
Visontek 5870
Hp Officejet Pro 8500 wireless
Lian Li PC-343B Modular Black Aluminum Cube Case
32in Olevia LCD HD TV
Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 bit
jslick1jim
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Postby red_team316 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:04 am

Both of the above posts provide a viable solution to what you are asking for, although you need to specify whether you want a clone backup(saving the entire disk or partition) or want to customize your installation disc(which provides a LiveCD with your custom apps and possibly data if you so choose).

If all you are concerned with is not having to reinstall apps, then the remaster/LiveCD is the best way to go in my opinion. You can then backup your personal data separately as a tar or zip file. It just really depends on your preference. I personally think the LiveCD method is the best way to go, beings it adds portability, wheras a clone might have problems if reinstalled on different hardware.

Reconstructor is a great way for the average user to achieve a LiveCD with minimal technical knowledge, and since now it can be used through the web, you can even use it on windows/mac if you currently don't have access to a linux box. If you plan on using reconstructor for Ultimate Edition, the only major difference would be that you need to add the proper theme packs/repos/etc... to the build if you plan on going the online route.
Core i7 920(working on a decent OC), x58 ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 6GB DDR3 1600, EVGA 8800GTS512, Silencer 750W PSU, CoolerMaster V8, Red Antec900
red_team316
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.4