Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Having trouble installing?Post here please.

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.4

Re: Having trouble installing?Post here please.

Postby alanwall » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Ok, thanks ! I am on XP right now. I was hoping I could mount the iso and put the old grub in it and then burn it with the old grub.did not happen :(
Was hoping to make it to the local LUG tonite but there is another event taking its place
Will try again tomorrow
alanwall
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby alanwall » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:37 am

Admin-Amir wrote:Hello alanwall .

The way I see it,you have to install in Advanced few packages in synaptic,
so when you install the system on your flash Drive they will help you with this issue.

here are the packages that you will need to install in Advance.

screenshot_002.png

screenshot_003.png

screenshot_004.png

screenshot_005.png

do the process with UNetbootin.

good luck.

Thanks ! I got all but mountall and gnome-disk-utility installed.I found gnome-disk-utility at another site but when I tried to install the *.deb,said I was missing libatasmart4>.13 and could not find with synaptic ? Synaptic also complained about pmount but an apt-get solved that
alanwall
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby alanwall » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:41 am

Cell wrote:
o I mounted the ext4 partitions on the usb drive and as soon as I started the install they got unmounted

this is normal.In order for the partitioner to work the drive has to be unmounted....You can't install an os to a mounted drive,because then you can write to it while its being installed....which will basically bork it.

I understand what your trying to do now...install to a usb drive.I can see if I can do it as soon as I make a re-master of my os on my usb drive.

If you post some screen shots of the installer partition bit it might be helpful too.

well not all to the usb ! /home lives on the laptop hard drive and / /usr /var live on the usb drive
Strange I know but when I installed Ultimate Edition 2.3 I did not have an ext4 big enuf for /home on the usb so made one on the laptop hd

OK, I broke down and installed 2.4 on the laptop-no USB required.I do have a few things that I can not seem to get working.Emerald is one and the gdm splash screen is the other.The splash is not a problem but I like a 4 button gui.I have
set the compiz/window decoration to use Emerald/reboot and started emerald but it does not let me change to the emerald I want to use ?
Other than that, every thing went smoothly
Last edited by alanwall on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
alanwall
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby dwhitnall » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:06 am

Thanks for all your help, I have got it all up and running, seems that you have to use GRUB Legacy for fakeraids, once i had re-installed it and set it up all is peachy, Thanks again.
dwhitnall
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Lancelot » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:33 am

Hi there

Bit new to the forum not to Ultimate Edition though have been using 2.3 for a while now. A bit of an odd question/remark. When I try to install 2.4 on my pc and/or laptop I get some issues.
First let me try to fix the issue with my laptop. I tried installing 2.4 and got through the installation until the reboot when I get the grub menu I try to boot and it stops somewhere with some kind of kernel issue.
How do I solve this? It looked alot like the noacpi issue for laptops but as I added the acpi=off command to the install this shouldn't be the issue.

any suggestions? I saw the grub version was 1.97
Lancelot
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Installing Gnucash in 2.4

Postby kghosh22 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:51 pm

I am unable to install Gnucash in UU2.4(64bit), two dependencies remain unsolved. Any suggestions / Workarounds ?

Thanks,
-K.Ghosh
kghosh22
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby Cell » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:51 pm

I am unable to install Gnucash in UU2.4(64bit), two dependencies remain unsolved. Any suggestions / Workarounds ?

Well...what are the missing dependencies?It could be that Gnucash hasn't been backported to karmic...I'm starting to see a handful of apps that have the same problem of not being backported.

Try this...http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building#U ... c_Koala.29
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby witblits1970 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:38 pm

Cell wrote:rdg123,

You can disconnect your drives except the one to be used for Ultimate Edition,and install.Then reconnect your drives,after your sure the single boots,and logs in.

This is how I actually do it.Its a sure fire way to get it to work....or at least eliminate a few variables for trouble shooting

Cell

right, i have posted in the main poat area that i get a stupid login screen when i try to install 2.4. so if i disconnect my 2nd hdd and install 2.4 all will be sweet?? ok if its ok what happens at boot when grub needs to be installed during this process and i choose to boot into win 7? not sure i understand. :? i always understood the 1st hdd needs to be connected when installing UU so grub can be written to load etc etc.
i had no issues in installing 2.4 on my laptop but had to go back to 2.3 since the wifi is/ was not working.

thanks
mobo asus m5a99 x
ram 16 gig ddr3 @1333mhz kingston
hdd 2tb seagate
cpu 3.9 gig fx 6 core piledriver
witblits1970
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Postby Cell » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:51 pm

right, i have posted in the main poat area that i get a stupid login screen when i try to install 2.4. so if i disconnect my 2nd hdd and install 2.4 all will be sweet?? ok if its ok what happens at boot when grub needs to be installed during this process and i choose to boot into win 7? not sure i understand. :? i always understood the 1st hdd needs to be connected when installing UU so grub can be written to load etc etc.
i had no issues in installing 2.4 on my laptop but had to go back to 2.3 since the wifi is/ was not working.

I suggest you research how grub works....

But yah...if you do that,and then after the install plug in your other drives,and then update grub it should add the other os to the list.
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby witblits1970 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:48 pm

ok thanks
mobo asus m5a99 x
ram 16 gig ddr3 @1333mhz kingston
hdd 2tb seagate
cpu 3.9 gig fx 6 core piledriver
witblits1970
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.4