Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

big problems with my Ultimate Edition

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.3

big problems with my Ultimate Edition

Postby zulu83 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:06 am

referred from IRC

[11:43] <zulu83> first... when i try to loggin to mail.yahoo.com even if i hit enter or click on sign in it's doesn't do anything
[11:43] <zulu83> i tryed also on a different site.. like.. thecrims.com
[11:43] <zulu83> i can't loggin
[11:44] <zulu83> second.... i had some history command in run aplication.. like conky... now averything is gone
[11:44] <zulu83> thrid... evolution mail is telling me that i don't have an account set
[11:45] <zulu83> 4th:.... i was using pidgin, i was logged in... and after a while i saw it was cloased
[11:45] <zulu83> it was fine until yesterday
[11:45] <zulu83> i have my updates up to date

also in visual effects the mode is set to extra but it works like normal mode.

I have, core 2 duo at 1.6, 2g of ramm, 200 g hdd, on board video.
Until today i haven't any problems with this machine, and i'm using it for at list 6 months.
zulu83
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Re: big problems with my Ultimate Edition

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:34 am

Hello zulu83 and welcome to the U.E Forum.

1- have you try to change your Themes?
2- Did you have install the New package of Ubuntu Tweak - from there site?

ubuntu-tweak_0.5.4.1-1_all.deb
(773.56 KiB) Downloaded 599 times

on the new Ubuntu Tweak you can start the Desktop Effects.
About the conky?
conky-builder.sh
(3.24 KiB) Downloaded 605 times
Admin-Amir

Postby zulu83 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:44 am

thks for answering me
but yesterday it was fine my computer, i didn't install nothing yesterday or today.
But today when i've comme to work and started my computer it was doing those problems that i've wrote earlier.
Nothing change from a week to my compulast week i've installed the last updates available for my machine and nothing was wrong.
zulu83
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:08 am

zulu83,

This things can happens!
When the Repo is down and you try to start some software/package from this Repo,
well yes it happens and you will get some errors on your machine.
I can say for sure that is not U.E Repo that is down.
So if you have install on your machine all the Updates , my solution is what I have post for you.
wait for few Days and see if in the Update you will have some fix fr it.
Admin-Amir

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.3