Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

"starting bluetooth" stall [solved]

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.3

"starting bluetooth" stall [solved]

Postby benjaminad » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:50 am

I am new to the ubuntu world and know enough about computers to destroy them! But I really really like Ultimate Edition 2.3. Here is the problem:

I have had artist x (intrepid 32bit) on my computer for a few moths now. I then installed Ultimate Edition 2.3 (32bit) on my computer. So both operating systems are working great (I like Ultimate Edition better). Well, one day the OS (Ultimate Edition 2.3) has some updates for me so I click on the "install updates" button. I then restarted my computer and it gets stuck during boot up. It stops on "starting bluetooth."

The cool thing is I could still access Artist X from the grub but Ultimate Edition would stall out at "starting bluetooth."

So I then decided to reinstall Ultimate Edition 2.3. So I put in the installation disk and it gets stuck on the same thing, "starting bluetooth."
So then I tried doing something with the partition editor (I will confess that trial and error gets you into trouble when you do not know what you are doing). This really screwed up my computer because then I could not get anything to work! Not sure exactly what I did but I was trying to get rid of Ultimate Edition 2.3 so that I could try re-installing it.

I tried to install Ubuntu Jaunty 64bit and during install It would continue to stall on the same text "starting bluetooth."

Finally I installed a version of Debian Linux 64bit and I got my computer back and Artist X was now accessible again. Ultimate Edition 2.3 was no longer there because I dumped it when I was messing with the partition editor.

So now I thought "Great, I solved that problem (ha, ha)." I then tried to install Ultimate Edition 2.3 again and during install I got the same stall "starting bluetooth."

I really want Ultimate Edition 2.3 back. Anyone got any answers for me. Forgive my ignorance but I am a rookie in the world of computers and operating systems.
Last edited by benjaminad on Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benjaminad
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: "starting bluetooth" stall

Postby gj1006 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:32 pm

Hello benjaminad and Welcome to this forum

hmm... I Think there is a command for the boot line, which disables bluetooth. Because I don't use bluetooth, I don't know the command. Google it or ask other users.
gj1006
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:11 pm

Hello benjaminad and welcome to the U.E Forum.

here is some help for you on this issue:
http://www.lesswatts.org/tips/wireless.php
Admin-Amir

Postby Cell » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:18 pm

Do you have an option to turn bluetooth of in your bios?

How about listing your machine's specs too.Including all the added hardware... i.e mouse,and keyboard.
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby Moebius » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:10 pm

+1
If you have a Bluetooth dongle - remove it temporarily, or if it's a laptop, you may have a switch or key which will disable your Bluetooth or as Cell suggested, look at your BIOS and see if you have the option of disabling Bluetooth then try the install again.

Cheers.
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby benjaminad » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:10 am

I have a desktop. EVGA nForce 730a. AMD Athlon Dual Core 6000.
Nothing in BIOS for bluetooth.
A friend of mine (who knows way more about this stuff than I do) suggested that I disconnect my printer (hp 1400series printer-scanner-copier) and then try installing Ultimate Edition 2.3. I don't know why that would make a difference but it worked. I am running Ultimate Edition 2.3 again. No more stalling on bluetooth. Now I'm concerned about updating again since that is what started this whole mess. I do not understand why it worked just fine before I updated the system with the printer hooked up and running. Thank you for the replies. I think this forum is going to be a very useful tool for guys like me trying to use linux.
benjaminad
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Cell » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:32 am

A friend of mine (who knows way more about this stuff than I do) suggested that I disconnect my printer (hp 1400series printer-scanner-copier) and then try installing Ultimate Edition 2.3. I don't know why that would make a difference but it worked.

You must have an bluetooth pin connection on your motherboard thats tied in with usb?Your right...kinda weired.

edit:maybe not...just looked at your mobo specs.nice one too.

You can try to disconnect the printer,and then update.After updating reconnect the printer?I wonder in your update you had a kernel install.Do yo have the backports open in synaptics?When it whants to update take note of what is being updated.
edit: just thought of something...you might be cool if you disable bleuthooth for start up in the boot up manager,and then update.

or just do what I do...don't update,unless its needed.Even then Ill just update what I need...I don't just press o.k.,and let the manager bring in a list up updates.
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby benjaminad » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Disconnected bluetooth in boot up manager. Everything good to go. Now I'm having other issues. I will post again. Sorry it took so long to respond.
benjaminad
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby DarkChild » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:15 am

benjaminad wrote:Disconnected bluetooth in boot up manager. Everything good to go. Now I'm having other issues. I will post again. Sorry it took so long to respond.

Well benjaminad, if this reported problem is solved then will suggest that you follow the tradition and edit your initial post and add "SOLVED". For the other problems that your having, if they are not related to bluetooth then I'll suggest creating a new thread/post to accommodate them. Thank you ;)
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God