Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Wine & .regs

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.3

Wine & .regs

Postby hoss » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:20 pm

There is a lot here so i hope you guys can follow.

Okay hopefully some can help with this i'm really new to linux. I have been trying to follow these tuts. to setup a registry on wine. Towards the top of the first url its states that i need to edit the server/sock.c. So i hope i don't have to install another wine other than the one that came with Ultimate Edition 2.3, but i really don't know. But i couldn't get the commands to work that he gave due to the fact of dir location i'm sure. (don't know though)

*So my first question is how would i go about editing the server/sock.c from the one that came with Ultimate Edition 2.3 or do i need to get a new version of wine? (tuts say to get a new one)
*If i need to get a new ver. how do i go about doing this to fit this tutorial? ( i believe it called for an open source one which i think means i have to use the terminal which i'm not good in.)

*I was able to the reg into wine i'm not 100% i was able to convert it to UTF-8 i tried this by opening in Kate and saving as UTF-8. Not sure by doing it this way if it actually converts it like it would as iconv. ( when i ran the .exe in wine it did not turn out like the end product of first tut, one reason is probably not editing the server/source.c could be more idk)

*Also if someone has done these tuts, could someone kinda explain this to me in a more dummy version. (step by step and assuming i have no knowledge of terminal which i don't)

* This is kinda off topic but a lot of terminal stuff calls to be logged in as root. Not sure what this means but how do i do it? (if there is already a post of this that i've overlooked just link it to me as long as its doable by a newb)

Tuts i've been looking at. Second one has a nice picture of them editing the server/sock.c
http://pelish.spfree.net/index.php?topic=1201.0
http://pelish.spfree.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=5c8726a147bcfec628bd6a71b6537a1e&topic=91.msg747#msg747

*If you need more info i'll try and tell you the info you need.
hoss
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Wine & .regs

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Hello hoss

you have to use the Advance search here on the Forum.
Here is the Guide for wine.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3785

Here is the Guide for playonlinux:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3886

the rest you will find with the search=>wine.

Thank you
Amir.
Admin-Amir

Postby hoss » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:47 pm

Here is the Guide for wine. = I had done this prior.

Here is the Guide for playonlinux. = Seems more like the front end to play a game. However i'm just trying to run a windows .exe to create a server which is y i believe i need to edit the sock/server.c thing

search=>wine= I'll keep looking just kinda looking for more support.

Like what i'm trying to run is on windows it is a service, just trying to activate it to work properly on linux.

Thankz for the fast reply ;) And help.
hoss
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:30 am

hoss ,

With playonlinux you can install MS,Office on the wine!
OR
you can install MS on VB,and you then will get your network running with no issue :idea:
After install the MS,open VB and in one click MS will boot and set for you.
Admin-Amir

Postby hoss » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:38 pm

does VB = Virtual Box

I have installed win4lin which allows me to install say xp onto linux and run it within a window. i thought though by reading a previous post the less windows stuff u have the better/ more secure ie. viruses and what not. So i decided to delete it and just stick with like wine.

Win4lin only allows you to only dedicate so much ram into it, like my system has 7gb ram and it would only let me dedicate like 1 gb into it, if VB is different let me know and i'll give it a try unless i can figure it out for just linux. (which i'd rather like to do for better security)

According to this post its really easy however it seems to be missing rather important stuff. such as where dirs should be located and what not just kinda hints on them.
http://www.chinalinuxpub.com/bbs/archive/index.php/t-17732.html
hoss
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby hoss » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:12 pm

ah i think i got it to work i'm able to telnet into it now.(at least i think i got it) Not sure what i really did to it though. Played around with to much to really point to how i got it to run.

I'll post a update after i test some more.
hoss
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:06 am

hoss

It is very easy to install MS on VB= Virtual Box Right <BREW>
so just try to understand your option here with the system.
VB+playonlinux.
Here is how to install from ISO system with VB.
I will have to make new Guide latter with the playonlinux installation - Good luck:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3381

Thank you
Amir.
Admin-Amir

Postby hoss » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:11 am

okay i'll give VB a try as i'm still having errors.
hoss
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby jai » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi,

Wine comes with Windows version of Regedit. Currently I don't have Wine installed but I think its in /usr/bin.

Good luck...
Intel Core2Duo
Intel DG33FB board
2GB DDR2 SDRAM
320 GB SATA
Onboard Sound & Network

"I am here to learn what you know and share what I know"
Image Image
jai

Postby hoss » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:33 pm

unfortunately i couldn't get it so i went back to windows, i don't have the time to figure this out yet. Or maybe once i start my computer programming classes i'll pick this back up.

Yeah wine does come with a windows version of regedit.
"wine regedit" in terminal brings it up.
hoss
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.3