Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

simple backup and restore and sys monitor ?

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.3

simple backup and restore and sys monitor ?

Postby tchk » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:13 pm

i got a couple questions about this first of all when you initiate this it gives you a process id which i see pop up in system monitor, then when i close the restore window the process disappears from list, is this process still running and hidden or am i killing it by closing the window. my second question is can this restore be executed from live cd or terminal for when i destroy my system. my next question is why are there multiple processes with same name running when i boot up and don't even click the mouse once. my last question is how can i find out what processes should be running with fresh install. ive attached screenshots of the processes
once again sorry for being total linux noob, i'm just determined to understand it and modify it to suit my needs, because i love the system and what it stands for
Attachments
Screenshot.png
sys monitor
Screenshot-1.png
Screenshot-2.png
tchk
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: simple backup and restore and sys monitor ?

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:22 am

Hello tchk.

well it looks like you right,
you have double process on your machine- That not have to happens.
to kill process just right click on the process and - End process now!
that will not Damage you machine,that will end the process on this time that you work.
after log out/restart that will be back again.
so see way you have double functions there.
you can Edit your start up process on- System=>Administration=>Services.
just be careful there with what you stop/run.
Admin-Amir

Re: simple backup and restore and sys monitor ?

Postby tchk » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:19 pm

thank you and i appreciate help
i'll edit startup and repost
tchk
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.3