Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

new release and upgrade ?

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.3

Postby tchk » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:37 pm

i was wondering can i run the unstable or beta version of Ultimate Edition because i need the nvidia kernal 185..18.36 [latest nvidia drivers]
i installed them but now Ultimate Edition doesnt update correctly i think the beta version of Ultimate Edition might have necessary libaries to support it
Ultimate Edition keeps talking about partial upgrade?
i know this is my fault because i didnt use synaptic package i installed from deb website
also where do you get key to import to add them to package handler or how do you do graphic driver install option during fresh install?
when i try to install like that the status bar loads half way and hangs
do i need to add driver to Ultimate Edition disc or recompile kernal with it
also moebius is da man thx for tolerating me if want a demonoid invite or something let me know[offer open to any Ultimate Edition forum admin]
also may i post pics plz so i can show screenshots of my problems when karmic koala comes out does that mean shortly after that we will get a new Ultimate Edition?
tchk
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: new release and upgrade ?

Postby Hawks-SOAD » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:40 am

hey sorry man but only admins (mods etc) can have to Ultimate Edition beta because they dedicate thier machines to test bugs so it doesn't happen to ours

For the nvidia driver issue try using Envy its in Applications/system tools

for the update problem try going into System/Admin/Synaptic Package Manager and click on mark on all upgrades
Hawks-SOAD

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Moebius » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:52 am

tchk wrote:also moebius is da man thx for tolerating me if want a demonoid invite or something let me know[offer open to any Ultimate Edition forum admin]
also may i post pics plz so i can show screenshots of my problems when karmic koala comes out does that mean shortly after that we will get a new Ultimate Edition?

Hi tchk - Thanks for the pat on the back, but there is only one ´da man´ here - TheeMahn ;) Without his creations, we wouldn´t be talking. :)
As for the rest of the team - We all get a kick out of helping and we are all tolerant (depending on the type of day we are having of course.) ;)

New Ultimate Edition will come out after Karmic - Just give TheeMahn some time to clear out the rubbish he finds and apply the final ´spit and polish´.

With regard to latest Nvidia drivers - why? Is your system not working or are you like us and just like to experiment? (hawks-SOAD suggestion of EnvyNG is a good one - yet again ;) )

Lastly, anyone can upload screenshots - As you are creating a post, you will notice a tab called ´Upload attachment´ - use this to upload your screen shot (helps us immensely!)

Cheers.
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Postby tchk » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:11 am

gone for a couple days trying karmic [i hate the package handler, can't even find packages i know exist there should be a way to browse all available packages for your system, this probably won't be a problem for linux pro's like yourself
nothing is wrong with my system {except audio i haven't tried to fix yet]
runnin great! i just like to mess with it! the latest nvidia drivers 185.36.18? or something are for karmic kernal which is why i had so much problems getting them to work on Ultimate Edition [finally did but wouldn't update correctly, update manager talking about partial upgrade and couldn't install some packages]
can i install karmic kubuntu then turn it into Ultimate Edition? i love the programs, look, and interface of Ultimate Edition but i just like to tweak and mess around. how can i get list of exact packages on Ultimate Edition ? before i discovered Ultimate Edition i could never get full functionality from brasero or some other packages even after going to debian and downloading every single package they recomened and asociated with the software?
also does anyone know anything about remastersys package?
tchk
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby tchk » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:22 am

about remastersys
not tryin to 1 up thee man or any thing! i wan't to give my lazy little brother who still dual boots vista and Ultimate Edition no reason to boot to vista by giving him disc with wow on it already
tchk
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Hawks-SOAD » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:20 am

Don't know much about remastersys but i always got with fresh install just did :D

also did you try the fix i posted above for updates
Hawks-SOAD

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:22 am

Hello tchk.

1- you can go to the How To section and see the Guide for Multimedia,
you will find the easy way to find the packages you need for Audio and Video.
2- remastersys - is very good program to make Re Master to your machine,
after your machine is fix fully with all the support Audio video plug in and software.
it is easy to use,and it is kind of very friendly for the user.
3- about the latest nvidia drivers 185.36.18,do not look for upgrade at this time,
you will have the fix on the new U.E 2.4 with the new Drivers and new software.
it will just mess your system do to kernel issues.
Admin-Amir

Postby tchk » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:04 am

already reinstalled so cant fix any previos issue
i also found out the hard way about kernal issues [hence reinstall]
doesn't matter seeing how i reinstall about once a week any way
i'm always tweaking and eventually destroying my system [which is why i have multiple hd's so i never lose any data]
which is also why i inquired about remastersys so i can get stuff set up, and burn it to disc, so every time i destroy Ultimate Edition i don't have to start at square 1 when i reinstall
tchk
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.3