Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.3 has been released...

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.3

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.3 Work in progress...

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:28 pm

maxmojo53 wrote:Sorry to be a pest, but your posts mention 2.3 and even 2.4. Has 2.3 been released to the public yet? The posts are confusing.

As I type this Ultimate Edition 2.3 x86 is uploading (14 hrs every time I have uploaded 1)... I had to upload Ultimate Edition 2.3 x64 twice (was corrupted the first time). No it has not been released to the public yet. Ultimate Edition 2.4 "Alpha" will be uploading as soon as Ultimate Edition 2.3 finishes. Ultimate Edition 2.4 Alpha is based on karmic and will never be released to the public it is for internal testing. I build on a solid O/S not alpha / beta, to release to the public. I will show what it looks like right currently as I was installing it:
alpha.png
Remember this is an alpha problems are to be expected.

try.png
Installing

And the Hammer drops:
hammer.png
Crash check

I will tell you this one of our admin; finetuch is running it and witnessed no such issue. For me as a live distro runs great, I just can't install it "yet" ;)

Once Karmic goes final I will begin building it most likely using the same theme. I hope this has helped.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:41 pm

kernelpanic! wrote:hello ultimate-lovers,

just registered to this forum and wanted to say hello to you guys.

about half a year ago I entered the world of linux (couldn`t stand the "other operating system" any longer ;))
after testing many many distros I discovered that for me as a linux-starter ubuntu or ubuntu-based distros are the most comfortable ones.
so a few weeks ago I came across linux mint and ultimate edition, which turned out to be my favorites now.

reading the posts in this forum (any new version of ultimate? ;)) I always liked this special kind of humor here, so I just decided to join you guys in the forum. here I can feel - in the words of distrowatch - "getting the fun back to computing".

TheeMahn: the work you did to unite the usability of a toyota truck with the beauty of a ferrari is really amazing!
I`m sure you`re not from this planet, which explains your long absence from here. I`m convinced, you had to visit your home planet to gather some new ideas about next ultimate versions ... ok with me, as long as you come back to planet earth at least 2 times a year to pump up the new ubuntu-version to ultimate :D

unfortunately during boot-up I broke my Ultimate Edition 2.2 so I have to reinstall. On the other hand I`m curious about Ultimate Edition 2.3 (having K/X/Ubuntu in one distro is interesting) and I always preferred KDE over gnome slightly. So if I only knew if reinstalling 2.2 is worth the effort or should I just wait for Ultimate Edition 2.3? has anybody any ideas how long it will take to the official release? (looking at TheeMahn ;))
nice day to you all <BREW>

It is uploading right now, I have a slow internet connection at least upload speed. I tried to get Road Runner turbo and was told the lines in the apt complex I live in are degraded and the landlord won't let them upgrade them. So I am stuck at least for now. Takes 13 hours every time I have to upload a release. This is my third upload Ultimate Edition 2.3 x64 twice and now Ultimate Edition 2.3 x86. I won't tell you when I am going to "officially" release it, but expect soon.

I do like to give my admins, mods & mirrors a chance to snag it before the traffic flows in. It is always a wise Idea to make sure mirrors have a copy in case my server goes down, which I have seen more then once on a new release. I also have a high speed "torrent guy" to help put things in motion.

Soon,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby Pierre » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:34 am

Takes 13 hours every time I have to upload a release.

& I thought that taking 22 hrs to D/L it was bad. :!:

Can you get the ISO to one of the Team to U/L it faster ??>>
Pierre
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Postby razy60 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:46 am

Hi there, it is ready i see, just started to download 32&64bit variants now :D

Cheers TheeMahn <BREW>

Raz
O/S; U.E 2.6 64 bit, OSX, xp pro, Windows 7 64 bit
Mobo: Asus P6t
cpu, Intel i7 920
ram, 4Gb DDR3 G Skill 1600 ripjaw
lan, realtek rtl8211b
sound, realtek 1200 hd + ati Hd audio
gpu, Asus EAH 5870 1Gb
HDD, OCZ Vertex 2 60GB ssd(OS) 2 x 250 GB(in raid0 for progs) 2x 1TB samsung (storage)
Wireless keyboard Logitek wave
Mouse: Microsoft X8 sidewinder
Display: sharp 42" lcd 1080p tv via hdmi
Laptop:
Dell studio 1557 7 pro x64& Ultimate Edition 2.7 32bit
i7 720 multi core cpu
4GB 1333mhz ram
INtel 5300 agn 802.11n wifi adaptor
Ati radeon HD 4570 512mb gpu
320GB 7200 HDD
1920x1080 screen
1x low opinion of this laptop
razy60
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby 7linux » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:26 pm

Thank you so much to u TheeMahn and all of contributors to make it happen Ultimate Edition 2.3 ... now i can fill my lovely PC with Ultimate Edition 2.3 64bit ...

once again, thank you.

;)
CPU: AMD+2 X4 PhenomII 940+ 3.2Ghz
CrazyPC H2O-220 Xtreme Liquid Cooling Kit
Mainboard : Asus M3A78 Pro
Ram: 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR2 8500 (Twin)
HDD: 2 unit Seagate @500GB 7200rpm SATA
Optical Drive: Samsung DVD-RW
VGA: ASUS EN9800+ 512MB DDR3 Dark Knight
Power Supply: Zalman 600watt 99% Power Factor
W-Lan: TP-Link Atheros Chipset
Monitor: 2 LCD Samsung SyncMaster 2033 20"
7linux
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby neomikkell » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:17 pm

Brilliant as usual!! Thank you Thee et al !! <BREW>
neomikkell
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:00 pm

7linux wrote:Thank you so much to u TheeMahn and all of contributors to make it happen Ultimate Edition 2.3 ... now i can fill my lovely PC with Ultimate Edition 2.3 64bit ...

once again, thank you.

;)

Your welcome,

Look at this threads initial post, you can get it today as a regged user & the webpage isn't even done yet ;) I want to drop my opinion of Ultimate Edition 2.3, I am my own greatest critic... Even though I hate kde, I love Ultimate Edition 2.3 X64. I do not have much for the 32 bit version of the same. The x64 is tons better / faster. The admin have reported on the x64 and have said such words as awesome and the bomb ;) That said, If I was given the choice of Ultimate Edition 2.3 x86 & Ultimate Edition 2.2 x86, because I didn't have a 64 bit CPU the answer would be Ultimate Edition 2.2. I am just trying to be straight with everyone. There isn't anything wrong with the x86 version it is just not as snappy. If I didn't use KDE which I don't, I would still get Ultimate Edition 2.3 X64 over Ultimate Edition 2.2 X64.

I hope users can get an understanding of what Ultimate Edition 2.3 is based on that. I am currently running the x86 of Ultimate Edition 2.3 waiting for Ultimate Edition 2.4 Alpha to finish uploading, as soon as it finishes rest assured I am going back to Ultimate Edition 2.3 X64 at least until the Alpha is no longer an alpha ;)

Once again I am going to be upfront. I did make 3 errors in building Ultimate Edition 2.3 x86 that I did not make when building x64, lets get them out on the table...

#1 I did not add XFCE to the x86 version
#2 I did not set KDE'S default wallpaper
#3 I did not pre-install XBMC in x86

None of which a "show stopper" There is a fix for all of the above minus setting the wallpaper for you:
ultamatix.png
a built in solution ;)

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby billhedrick » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:15 pm

11 hours to go (60KB/sec)
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:19 pm

billhedrick wrote:11 hours to go (60KB/sec)

Wow that sucks, nothing personal. That is how fast I upload (max). What kind of connection do you have? If it is the server (I highly doubt it) I am waiting for a PM from one of our mirrors to add him to the regged users section. I refuse to update the main page & download links until tomorrow.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby neomikkell » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:12 pm

nothing wrong with the server, i downed this in 2hr 15m ..it was screamin :o
neomikkell
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.3