Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Problems installing 32bit

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.2

Problems installing 32bit

Postby comsparks » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:28 pm

I'm unable to install 2.6 or 2.2 at all. I've downloaded it many times each but get the same results. I get up 32 or 50 something percent and and error appears blaming my DVD burner, disk, hard drive etc. I've replaced the burner, burned at 4x. I can run it up on the disk all day long and use it but can never install it. I like Ubuntu 9.04 and figured I would try to install 2.2 but no go. I remastered my Ubuntu 9.04 and it runs right up and installs perfectly with all my data intact so I know its not my burner. So I don't know where to go from here as Ultimate Edition looks good but can't use it. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
comsparks
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.6 32 BIT

Re: Problems installing 32bit

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:26 am

Hello comsparks.

Did you have format the Drive to UNALLOCATED for the U.E installation?
If you have burn the disc right +MD5 is correct then the issue can be the file system of MS on your Drive.
you can use the parted Magic to get it done very fast,
And after you fix it you can go to the installation process again.
Admin-Amir

Postby comsparks » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:34 am

Hello Amir.
I don't have MS on this computer. It is straight Linux. I'm using DVD +r disks.
Admin-Amir wrote:Did you have format the Drive to UNALLOCATED for the U.E installation?

I don't understand that statement explain. Thanks
comsparks
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:52 am

Hello comsparks .

Did you have format the Drive to UNALLOCATED for the U.E installation?

OK, the explanation for this step that I ask for is for clean install.
what is this say?
1- If you have HDD that MS was install on it , then your HDD has the MS file system on it (ntfs,fat32,fat..).
Linux can not be install on the MS file system.
2- If you have previous system install and has Different file system install on it it can make issues in the process
of the installation on your HDD.
3- when you have wipe all your HDD and format it to UNALLOCATED ,
Then your HDD will be ready to install any file system on it in Linux world.
4- I just Hope that you have made the burn with software that know how to burn ISO images,
and not the MS software.
If you have just for the example burn it with k3b/Brasero,
then I can relax if the MD5 is correct and the speed on low like x4.

So this is the explanation for my wondering around your process that not end right.

I will be happy to see the errors that you have During the installation process please.
Admin-Amir

Postby comsparks » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:33 am

I use K3B to burn ISO. This hard drive never had MS on it. I have checked the MD5 and it is correct. The error occurs during installation of the files. It will go up to about 50% and a black box will come up stating that I have a problem with either the DVD burner, disk, hard drive etc. The two versions of Ultimate Edition 2.6 and 2.2 both have the same problem during install. Other Ubuntu distros do not have this problem. I thought it might be my hard drive but the Ubunto 9.04 I remastered using remastersys works great. It is over 1GB and I burned it using K3B on the same DVD disks, DVD +R, that I'm burning the Ultimate Edition 2.6 and 2.2 on. By the way I'm using a 40GB hard drive and during the install I tell it to use the entire hard drive. It's hard for me to believe that all the downloads I've gotten are bad. I've run out of ideas. LOL
comsparks
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:54 am

Hello comsparks.
I use K3B to burn ISO. This hard drive never had MS on it. I have checked the MD5 and it is correct. The error occurs during installation of the files. It will go up to about 50% and a black box will come up stating that I have a problem with either the DVD burner, disk, hard drive etc. The two versions of Ultimate Edition 2.6 and 2.2 both have the same problem during install. Other Ubuntu distros do not have this problem. I thought it might be my hard drive but the Ubunto 9.04 I remastered using remastersys works great. It is over 1GB and I burned it using K3B on the same DVD disks, DVD +R, that I'm burning the Ultimate Edition 2.6 and 2.2 on. By the way I'm using a 40GB hard drive and during the install I tell it to use the entire hard drive. It's hard for me to believe that all the downloads I've gotten are bad. I've run out of ideas. LOL

well now it looks more and more that you have bad sectors on your HDD!
The Remaster made on this HDD right,so it looks like the process want OK for you,
but it ends in the place that the bad sectors start!
The U.E DVD is larger then your Remaster ,
what shows that the bad sectors start just about the half way on the process of the installation of U.E 2.2-2.6.
So it is not bad burn , it is not bad MD5 not correct = bad HDD!!!
well if you have one more HDD that you can hook and try to run the installation process that will clear the issue for you for sure.
So my point of view the issue is A bad HDD (BTW - the 40GB HDD were not good product).
Admin-Amir

Postby comsparks » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:13 am

Amir I think your right. I have another Hard drive being picked for me right now and will install it and try it. Thanks for all your help.
comsparks
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:24 am

Hello comsparks.

You welcome any time.
Please Update this post and let us know if this issue was solved for you.

Thank you.
Admin-Amir

Postby comsparks » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:23 pm

Well I replaced the DVD writer and Hard Drive with new ones. I still get the same results. Ultimate Edition 2.6 gets to 60% and Ultimate Edition 2.2 gets to 40% and I get error5 unable to copy files to hard drive. I reloaded Ubuntu 9.04 remastered and it came right up. So I'm at a dead end for Ultimate Edition. I guess I won't be using this distro.
comsparks
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:29 pm

Hello comsparks.

Hold for one sec here, we are Linux right,we do not do the hands up.
Did you have try to download the ISO from other links?
OR you download just from one place all the time?
Have you Reset your Board?
Did you have Reset you BIOS?
you have change the DVD+HDD but you did not Reset your BIOS&Board,
So how your new Hardware will get the right Address?
And one more thing,see that your HDD is the Master&your DVD is the slave.
Don't just get your hands up and say I will not use this Distro ,
this is not sport my Friend.
Linux user Think,looks for solution,try some workaround things.
Just try to see my point of view,and see if you will get other results.
Admin-Amir

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.2