Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.2 has been released

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.2

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.2 Work in progress...

Postby kiwinsn » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:05 am

Patience is a virtue.

It is released to Admin and Mods for testing....we are happy to screw up our whole system making sure this release won't screw up yours.

I have just installed and am now going to attempt to screw it up...all so you guys can download, install and have an almost "religious" experience with what TheeMahn is offering....what he works his guts out for with no financial reward.

This is great.....wait a couple of days and you will be able to experience what we get early....

Let us do the testing, so you don't have to..

Cheers
System:
Specs to come.
Registered Linux user number: 542342
kiwinsn

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby suraya » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:42 am

i have no problem with beta or RC.
see how many people download Linux Mint Gloria Release Candidate 1 and windows 7 Release Candidate ?
why not just said ultimate-edition-2.2-x86-RC.iso ? so everybody know UE2.2 not ready yet. :mrgreen:
suraya
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby drama » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:50 am

Ok guys. All this link posting stops. Thank includes you too amir (really should just say fu*k it and ban your a$$). From now forward ANYONE i see posting links prematurely will get banned. I dont care if another mod/admin removes the link before i see it (i can view the logs) you will still be banned. I really didnt wanna have to resort to such a drastic measure but it appears some ppl have yet to learn what patience is. Ive had to do this once before and will do it again.

I'm in no means accussing everyone. So please dont take it that way. If you havent posted any links then of course this doesnt pertain to you.
ULTIMATE EDITION 2.5 X64/ARCHLINUX X64 DUAL BOOT
Antec 900two case
3 antec 120mm tri cool blue led fans (1 rear exaust 2 front intake)
1 antec 220mm "bigboy" tri cool blue led fan (top exaust)
Amd Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Am3 Cpu OC'D @ 4.2 Rev C3
MSI NF980-G65 Am3 Socket DDR3 Tri-sli ATX Mainboard
Nvidia 980A Sli Chipset
Corsair 2GB Dual Channel ram (1GBx2) DDR3 @ 1600 MHZ
EVGA Nvidia GTS-250 1GB PCI Express Graphics Card
Lite-On Dual Layer Sata Dvd Burner
3x 1TB Seagate Sata Hdd's 32Mb cache
ASUS VH235 23 Inch Lcd Wide Screen Monitor
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700Watt Psu
Rosewill 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 Card Reader w/ Floppy Drive
drama
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby wolfgar » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:55 am

drama wrote:Ok guys. All this link posting stops. Thank includes you too amir (really should just say fu*k it and ban your a$$). From now forward ANYONE i see posting links prematurely will get banned. I dont care if another mod/admin removes the link before i see it (i can view the logs) you will still be banned. I really didnt wanna have to resort to such a drastic measure but it appears some ppl have yet to learn what patience is. Ive had to do this once before and will do it again.

I'm in no means accussing everyone. So please dont take it that way. If you havent posted any links then of course this doesnt pertain to you.

Please excuse me but I think there is some confusion regarding this release of Ultimate Edition 2.2.
Is it beta or is it gold?

If you check here: http://ultimateedition.info/

The link states: Ultimate Edition 2.2 has gone gold
by admin on Jun.17, 2009, under Ultimate Edition
Enjoy,

TheeMahn

Release Name: Ultimate Edition 2.2
Architecture: 64 Bit
Code base: Jaunty
File size: 2.0 GB (2,122,715,136 bytes)
MD5SUM: e244433f33dd9040e811aa52cde70472

Architecture: x86 (32bit)
File size: 2.0 GB (2,132,037,632 bytes)
MD5SUM: ea8e75283ab13fcfc90ded4961acc586
Ultimate Edtion 3.2 x64 RC
CPU: AMD Phenom 9650 X4 / 2.3 GHz Processor
RAM: 8192MB (2048 x 4) OCZ Reaper DDR2 800 / 20X DVD Burner
ATI Radeon HD 3870 512 MB GDDR 4 / 400 GB HDD/
Samsung SyncMaster XL@#70HD HDTV Monitor

wolfgar
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.5 64 BIT

Postby 7linux » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:44 am

finally, we can download official release ... TheeMahn ... you are the one ... thx ........
personally, i will try it out, if i find something wrong / bug .. i will post it here .....

thx again ..... <BREW>
CPU: AMD+2 X4 PhenomII 940+ 3.2Ghz
CrazyPC H2O-220 Xtreme Liquid Cooling Kit
Mainboard : Asus M3A78 Pro
Ram: 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR2 8500 (Twin)
HDD: 2 unit Seagate @500GB 7200rpm SATA
Optical Drive: Samsung DVD-RW
VGA: ASUS EN9800+ 512MB DDR3 Dark Knight
Power Supply: Zalman 600watt 99% Power Factor
W-Lan: TP-Link Atheros Chipset
Monitor: 2 LCD Samsung SyncMaster 2033 20"
7linux
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby drama » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:14 pm

wolfgar wrote:
drama wrote:Ok guys. All this link posting stops. Thank includes you too amir (really should just say fu*k it and ban your a$$). From now forward ANYONE i see posting links prematurely will get banned. I dont care if another mod/admin removes the link before i see it (i can view the logs) you will still be banned. I really didnt wanna have to resort to such a drastic measure but it appears some ppl have yet to learn what patience is. Ive had to do this once before and will do it again.

Please excuse me but I think there is some confusion regarding this release of Ultimate Edition 2.2.
Is it beta or is it gold?

If you check here: http://ultimateedition.info/

The link states: Ultimate Edition 2.2 has gone gold
by admin on Jun.17, 2009, under Ultimate Edition
Enjoy,

TheeMahn

Architecture: 64 Bit
File size: 2.0 GB (2,122,715,136 bytes)
MD5SUM: e244433f33dd9040e811aa52cde70472

Architecture: x86 (32bit)
File size: 2.0 GB (2,132,037,632 bytes)
MD5SUM: ea8e75283ab13fcfc90ded4961acc586

My appoligies. I had not seen that yet. It would appear according to that page that it is final. Things are usually way more organised than this.

This how it usually goes. Usually mods and admins get they're hands on it first so it can be tested. Then Thee Mahn usually makes an announcement a few days later allowing the general public to download. This announcement never came.

Essentially the main purpose for use admins/mods to get it first is so that it can be tested. When we recieve it it is essentially final (no release has ever had to be rebuilt yet) but we recieve it early so we can check for any bugs that may not have affected thee mahn but could affect others (not all bugs affect all hardware combinations) and be ready with a solution when possible incase once of normal users runs into the same issue. That way they could be up and running again in a minimal amount of time.

As well as give the mirrors time to grab it (the more mirrors the faster your speed is gonna be).

My appoligies once again to everyone for coming off like such an a$$hole. There was one time in the past where we had a serious issue with ppl that were dropping links. All within a few hrs of us admins getting our hands on it. And it turned out that there was some issues with the release. Long story short we had ALOT of people coming on the board talking about how horrible the release was...how it gave ubuntu a bad name...that it was just pure garbage...among other things. The thing is the fix was very easy but because alot of us admins had not even got to test it before that started we of course didnt have a fix yet. And all that couldve been avoided had it not been leaked. I was just trying to avoid having a repeat of the past.
Antec 900two case
Nvidia 980A Sli Chipset
drama
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby jfg69 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:06 pm

drama wrote:
My appoligies. I had not seen that yet. It would appear according to that page that it is final. Things are usually way more organised than this.

This how it usually goes. Usually mods and admins get they're hands on it first so it can be tested. Then Thee Mahn usually makes an announcement a few days later allowing the general public to download. This announcement never came.

Essentially the main purpose for use admins/mods to get it first is so that it can be tested. When we recieve it it is essentially final (no release has ever had to be rebuilt yet) but we recieve it early so we can check for any bugs that may not have affected thee mahn but could affect others (not all bugs affect all hardware combinations) and be ready with a solution when possible incase once of normal users runs into the same issue. That way they could be up and running again in a minimal amount of time.

As well as give the mirrors time to grab it (the more mirrors the faster your speed is gonna be).

My appoligies once again to everyone for coming off like such an a$$hole. There was one time in the past where we had a serious issue with ppl that were dropping links. All within a few hrs of us admins getting our hands on it. And it turned out that there was some issues with the release. Long story short we had ALOT of people coming on the board talking about how horrible the release was...how it gave ubuntu a bad name...that it was just pure garbage...among other things. The thing is the fix was very easy but because alot of us admins had not even got to test it before that started we of course didnt have a fix yet. And all that couldve been avoided had it not been leaked. I was just trying to avoid having a repeat of the past.

No need to apologize Drama, you did what you were supposed to do, thats why you're an admin. I got ahead of myself by putting up a torrent, assuming that it had been released without checking for myself, after seeing all the links.
Meanwhile, lets everybody try and learn from the experience and exercise some patience on the next release so we can avoid any replays.

Meanwhile, enjoy the latest creation brought to you by TheeMahn...

*** My torrents for 64 and 86 are now active on Demonoid, I'll post the links back here later on when I get in from work.

jfg69
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Postby kf4bzt » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:04 pm

Thanks for the awesome release. I ave found that on my Gateway laptop that I can't install the 32 bit version but can install the 64 bit version. This has been something going on just here lately. I think I may have a hardware issue. But I am enjoying the new release so far. Any idea if a Wacom Tablet is supported and if so how to make it work with pressure sensativity, etc.

Thanks again for the awesome release TheMann.

Tim
Not Much but it works
Laptop PC: Ultimate 2.1 / 32 bit
Gateway MX6440
AMD Turion 64 bit 1.8
radeon xpress 200
1gb ddr
160 gig HD
kf4bzt
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby drama » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:19 pm

kf4bzt wrote:Thanks for the awesome release. I ave found that on my Gateway laptop that I can't install the 32 bit version but can install the 64 bit version. This has been something going on just here lately. I think I may have a hardware issue. But I am enjoying the new release so far. Any idea if a Wacom Tablet is supported and if so how to make it work with pressure sensativity, etc.

Thanks again for the awesome release TheMann.

Tim

Cant help with the tablet question/issue (no laptop). As far as the install issue goes. Would think if x64 didnt cause any issues then neither would x86. Does the x86 live cd boot just fine?
Antec 900two case
Nvidia 980A Sli Chipset
drama
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby Fader » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:38 pm

I just want to know if there is a usenet downloader(newsleecher, etc) included in this release?

And since you've obviously released 2.2, you could use a 2.2 released thread.
CPU: Pentium 4 3Ghz
Chieftec Dragon case(old alienware style)
Mainboard : MSI MS-7028
Ram: 2GB
HDD: Samsung 160GB 7200rpm SATA
Optical Drive: Samsung DVD-RW
VGA: Gigabtye 7200 GS 256mb
Fader
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.2