Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.2 has been released

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.2

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.2 Work in progress...

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:54 pm

drama wrote:Ran the long smart test from my bios (i assume that would be good enough). It passed. I did think about that though. Ive since did a reinstall on ext3 this time. And it seems to have cured the problem. Not sure if it was the reinstall or the fact that i went back to ext3 that cured the problem though. Even compiled the latest kernel from the git tree before i reinstalled. That didnt help. Im beginning to think that perhaps ext4 isnt quite realy yet. The speed improvement is amazing though with ext4. It didnt happen until i deleted a rather large file (approx 8.5gb...was a dvd d/l image). So maybe ext4 has issues with larger files.

I have to agree with you on the speed gain typically with ext3 I get around 50, 60 MB/s tops (ext4 on karmic):
raw.png
Ext4 cracks the whip ...

I haven't scrapped any large files so I cant say weather or not I would get the hammer or not ;) I am glad you got it fixed none the less.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.2 Work in progress...

Postby drama » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:23 pm

TheeMahn wrote:
drama wrote:Ran the long smart test from my bios (i assume that would be good enough). It passed. I did think about that though. Ive since did a reinstall on ext3 this time. And it seems to have cured the problem. Not sure if it was the reinstall or the fact that i went back to ext3 that cured the problem though. Even compiled the latest kernel from the git tree before i reinstalled. That didnt help. Im beginning to think that perhaps ext4 isnt quite realy yet. The speed improvement is amazing though with ext4. It didnt happen until i deleted a rather large file (approx 8.5gb...was a dvd d/l image). So maybe ext4 has issues with larger files.

I have to agree with you on the speed gain typically with ext3 I get around 50, 60 MB/s tops (ext4 on karmic):
raw.png

I haven't scrapped any large files so I cant say weather or not I would get the hammer or not ;) I am glad you got it fixed none the less.

I think i was generally getting around 60 before. My main drive was on ext4 and my data drive was still ext3 because i didnt have anywhere to put the almost 600gb of data that is on it. Got terrible transfer speeds at first though from one drive to the other until i removed "reatime" from the fstab line for both disks. Before that i was luck to get 10MB/s when copying files between the two. I think i could maybe get up to 70 i think on ext3 if i swapped my main drive out for one identical to my data drive mainly due to it have a larger cache (32MB). Im actually curious to see what 2 of them would due in raid0 (The new seagate 1tb's...with firmware fix). Although running 2 1tb drives in raid0 would be a waste of space would still be nice to see the numbers. Would be smarter to run 2 320's (believe those have the same cache) in the longterm.

Btw i seen your running karmic. Did they really move from grub to grub2 like they were rumored to do?
ULTIMATE EDITION 2.5 X64/ARCHLINUX X64 DUAL BOOT
Antec 900two case
3 antec 120mm tri cool blue led fans (1 rear exaust 2 front intake)
1 antec 220mm "bigboy" tri cool blue led fan (top exaust)
Amd Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Am3 Cpu OC'D @ 4.2 Rev C3
MSI NF980-G65 Am3 Socket DDR3 Tri-sli ATX Mainboard
Nvidia 980A Sli Chipset
Corsair 2GB Dual Channel ram (1GBx2) DDR3 @ 1600 MHZ
EVGA Nvidia GTS-250 1GB PCI Express Graphics Card
Lite-On Dual Layer Sata Dvd Burner
3x 1TB Seagate Sata Hdd's 32Mb cache
ASUS VH235 23 Inch Lcd Wide Screen Monitor
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700Watt Psu
Rosewill 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 Card Reader w/ Floppy Drive
drama
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.2 has been released

Postby Neflyte49 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:11 am

The tracker is down? T_T
Neflyte49
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.6 Gamers

Postby RudyD » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:08 pm

Hi!

Is it an easy way to upgrade from earlyer (p.e. ultimate edition 2.0) version to the current?
Do I need to do a clean install, or is there a way to upgrade somehow (.. and how to do) ?

Anyhow - Keep up the good work!
--
R
--
RudyD
RudyD
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby dathem » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:29 pm

Hello, Most people will tell you to do a clean install, that way any troubles, problems from your older system won't be around to cause problems.

Even if you think your system is problem free, there might be hidden items, issues that you don't know about yet.

So do a back up of your HOME folder and any data you need to keep in a safe place. I like to burn a copy onto CD/DVD as well as backup to a flash or Hard drive, just to be sure. A hard drive can die at any time, I learned the hard way!

Download and burn a copy of UE2.2 and boot up and install a fresh system. This is what I plan to do this weekend. I had a friend download and burn me a copy of UE2.2, I will get it this weekend.I plan to try the Ext4 format on one computer, I will be installing it eventually on 3 computers, can't wait to try it out!

If your a gambler you can click on the 9.04 distro upgrade button in the Upgrade Manager located in the Administration menu and take your chances.
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby sedge » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:54 pm

Hi
I have just downloaded 2.2 and you show me 2.3.
I think the word you should have used is titillation not spoiling.
I am pleased to see you back and continuing to share your vision and expertise with us mere mortals.
sedge
sedge
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby ixnod » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:44 am

unfortunately, ultimate edition has broken away from mainline cannonical. to site technical and liscencing differences.

cannonical's vision is that the user can add whatever they want to their vannilla system. but there are many new users that are unaware of the plethora of choices that are available to them also at its original inception, there was a problem with dependencies not being met when it came to certain software installs. thats one of the things that made ultimate edition great ( called Ultimate edition at the time) so as you peruse across the net, I can gaurantee that you will find others claiming that ultimate edition is bloated and may even be rather unweildy. but of course, you can simply delete what you don't need. if one particular application doesn't do what you need or all of what you need except for one tiny detail. Then their are at least 5 - 10 other choices we just try to pick the cream of the crop in each area. new to this iteration is miro and other interesting tidbits.
Laptop. Macbook pro dual boot U.E 2.6 64 2.8 Ghz core2duo
Desktop:
Core I7 820, ATI 5870 radeon HD graphics Ultimate Edition 2.7
maxtor 320 gig external usb
1.5 Tb external Hd
Hp c5100 photosmart printer (networked and wireless)
ixnod
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby jslick1jim » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:45 am

Just wanted to say Ultimate Edition 2.2 is wow.
and Thee, mods, admins, hats off too you,
ditched winders 2 months ago and glad of it.
thxs guys. <BREW> :D

Msi Ecipse SLI
i7 920 2.66 oc'd to 3.2
6gig ram
2 bfg nvidia 260
2 Ide 320 n 2 sata 320's
and 6 1tb
Lian Li PC-343B case
Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 bit
ImageMotherboard Msi Eclipse Sli
Cpu intel i7 920
Mem 6gig ddr3
x-fi extreme audio
ps2 keyboard
usb razer mouse
2 sata2 320 wd hd
2 ide 320 wd hd
2 segate 1tb hd
4 wd black 1tb hd
Visontek 5870
Hp Officejet Pro 8500 wireless
Lian Li PC-343B Modular Black Aluminum Cube Case
32in Olevia LCD HD TV
Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 bit
jslick1jim
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Postby DarkChild » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:14 am

jslick1jim wrote:Just wanted to say Ultimate Edition 2.2 is wow.
and Thee, mods, admins, hats off too you,
ditched winders 2 months ago and glad of it.
thxs guys. <BREW> :D

Msi Ecipse SLI
i7 920 2.66 oc'd to 3.2
6gig ram
2 bfg nvidia 260
2 Ide 320 n 2 sata 320's
and 6 1tb
Lian Li PC-343B case
Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 bit

A warm welcome to the Ultimate Edition Board jslick1jim. Thanks for your feedback ;)
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God