Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

I've held off a long time on this.......

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.1

Re: I've held off a long time on this.......

Postby Wolfie Lee » Wed May 27, 2009 3:08 pm

YUP!........I was just about ready to post that..........up and running!!

Thanx to:

bpollen, stanca, cell, strider

:D
OS: Ultimate Edition 4.6 gamers x64; Windows 7 x64 custom Nvidia Black edition; Linux Mint 17.3 MATE x64
MB: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
CPU: AMD FX6300 Black (6x 3.5GHz)
CPU cooler: OCZ Vedetta with replacement Nanoxia Deep Silence 92mm 1400 RPM fan
MEM: 8GB (2x4GB) Ballistix Sport DDRIII 1600; PC3-12800
GPU: XFX Double Dispersion Radeon R7 360P-F22M 1050MHz 2GB GDDR5
OS SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
NO Storage drive (yet)
Optical Drive: LG Super-multi with MODISC capabilities(Model# hidden in new build, not gonna remove it now...lol)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-5183
PS: XFX 650W XXX Edition Grey Modular
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Re: I've held off a long time on this.......

Postby artifacts » Fri May 29, 2009 9:13 pm

Wolfie Lee wrote:Because Ultimate just keeps getting bettter at automaticly handling the install directly at the time of clicking the link, but I need to install a tar.bz2 application, and it wants to open it with archive manager...why is that, and how do I install the app once the tar file is DLed?

why not try commandline :P

Q. I’m new to Linux. Over few days I found lots software distributed as .tar.gz file. How do I install tar.gz files under Linux?

A. tar.gz also known as tarball, an archive format for electronic data and software. Most Linux tarball contains a source code for software. If you are new to Linux I recommend using apt-get, rpm and yum command to install all binary packages.

Tarballs are a group of files in one file. Tarball files have the extension .tar.gz, .tgz or .tar.bz2. Most open source software use tarballs to distribute programs/source codes.
# 1: Uncompress tarball

To uncompress them, execute the following command(s) depending on the extension:
$ tar zxf file.tar.gz
$ tar zxf file.tgz
$ tar jxf file.tar.bz2
$ tar jxf file.tbz2

Now change directory
$ ls
$ cd path-to-software/
# 2: Build and install software

Generally you need to type 3 commands as follows for building and compiling software:
# ./configure
# make
# make install

Where,

* ./configure will configure the software to ensure your system has the necessary functionality and libraries to successfully compile the package
* make will compile all the source files into executable binaries.
* Finally, make install will install the binaries and any supporting files into the appropriate locations.

# 3: Read INSTALL / README file

Each tarball comes with installation and build instructions. Open INSTALL or README file for more information:
$ vi INSTALL

Source : How to install Linux / UNIX *.tar.gz tarball files

hope this helps :P
Mainboard - ASrock AM2NF6G-VSTA
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ "Manchester"
Ram - 4 GB DDR2-677
Video - Geforce 7300 SE/7200 GS
Sata 0 - 300gb Maxtor
Sata 1 - Philips Dvd-Burner 20x
IDE - 200gb Maxtor

PlayStation 2- Chubby w/ Playstation Network Adpater
200gb Maxtor ATA 133 16mb cache (61 Games+Apps+Music+AVI Videos, 54gb free)
PlayStation 2 8 MB Memory Card + Free McBoot 1.8b

artifacts
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.1