Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Installed Inside Windows

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.1

Re: Installed Inside Windows

Postby Tib » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:16 pm

Hrm, I think he means he's loaded into the LiveDVD, not a fresh install of Linux, which means the GRUB wouldn't exist yet, so there's no file for him to edit. Also, I could be wrong, as this is just a guess, but if the boot-loader entry that was created during the Wubi installation-attempt is what he's trying to get rid of, wouldn't he need to open the boot-loader option in Vista and remove it? I believe that when you do a Wubi install, I don't think it installs GRUB, I think it just adds the boot option to the Windows boot-loader menu (but I could be completely wrong).
RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
HD: 250GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO

Laptop:
RAM: 2 Gigs
CPU: AMD64 X2 2GHz
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7150M
HD's: Internal 150 Gig
Quad-boot: Vista/XP/1.8 x86 Gamers/1.9 x64

TIP: If a program fails to start, run it from the terminal to see the error text!
Tib

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby SaddleTramp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:23 pm

Tib wrote:Hrm, I think he means he's loaded into the LiveDVD, not a fresh install of Linux, which means the GRUB wouldn't exist yet, so there's no file for him to edit. Also, I could be wrong, as this is just a guess, but if the boot-loader entry that was created during the Wubi installation-attempt is what he's trying to get rid of, wouldn't he need to open the boot-loader option in Vista and remove it? I believe that when you do a Wubi install, I don't think it installs GRUB, I think it just adds the boot option to the Windows boot-loader menu (but I could be completely wrong).

You're right...I'm just not sure at this point what he's 'exactly' done...he'll be around directly to explain tho'...I reckon ;)
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby SaddleTramp » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:09 pm

Vo0do0 wrote:tib hit the nail on the head there. i am still getting the linux language down.

heres the break down.

1st. I tired to install UE2.1 in what i believe is called Wubi (inside of windows). just to try it out. when that failed i uninstalled it inside of windows but the boot menu remains. i would like that removed.

2nd. Since the advice i was getting was on the linux side i then tried to install threw the dvd. pretty much dual bios or os on one system. it is currently just the demo and i tried to install. when this occurs it tries to partition my harddrive to set up the dual OS (windows partition and Ubuntu partition) but it remains at 0% when it does this so ubuntu never fully installs and i am stuck with the demo version.

So my problems are, when i start up my system i have a windows boot option and 4 Ubuntu boot options (i tried to install threw wubi a couple of times and failed). i want those 4 removed and i cant figure out how. there is no boot file un grub for me to alter btw. 2nd i am trying to install direct from dvd the full version of Ubuntu. but during the installation it wont go past 0% when partitioning my harddrive. those are my problems.

I gotcha now...in Vista, you need to open "run", type "cmd", right-click in box, click "run as administrator", then run either "bcedit" or "bcdedit", whichever one it is, I don't remember which right now, but it's prolly "bcdedit"...then edit out the "Wubi" lines...
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby SaddleTramp » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:40 pm

Vo0do0 wrote:ah beautiful. boot issue resolved cheers buddy.

now i have burned the ultimate-edition-2.1 x64.iso to dvd and set bios to boot off cd.
once it boots to ubuntu that is what i gather the demo version. and on the desktop there is an icon to install. was my 1st problem ( the multiple boot entries) causing my install problem when it tries to write a ubuntu partition on my harddrive?

If you have only the single drive and Windows is installed on the whole drive, you'll have to shrink the windows partition, and then install Ultimate Edition on the new partition...
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby mrLRB » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:05 pm

Vo0do0 wrote:tib hit the nail on the head there. i am still getting the linux language down.

heres the break down.

1st. I tired to install UE2.1 in what i believe is called Wubi (inside of windows). just to try it out. when that failed i uninstalled it inside of windows but the boot menu remains. i would like that removed.

2nd. Since the advice i was getting was on the linux side i then tried to install threw the dvd. pretty much dual bios or os on one system. it is currently just the demo and i tried to install. when this occurs it tries to partition my harddrive to set up the dual OS (windows partition and Ubuntu partition) but it remains at 0% when it does this so ubuntu never fully installs and i am stuck with the demo version.

So my problems are, when i start up my system i have a windows boot option and 4 Ubuntu boot options (i tried to install threw wubi a couple of times and failed). i want those 4 removed and i cant figure out how. there is no boot file un grub for me to alter btw. 2nd i am trying to install direct from dvd the full version of Ubuntu. but during the installation it wont go past 0% when partitioning my harddrive. those are my problems.

Sorry, I haven't been on in a while or I would have jumped in sooner.

I ran into the same problem using WUBI in Vista 64-bit. I ended up downloading "EASY BCD" (this can be downloaded by itself or it is also part of TWEAK VI), which allows you to edit the windows bootloader. Hope this helps in the future...
ASROCK 990FX Extreme4
AMD FX8350 OC to 4.5ghz
16 GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3
2x WD1002FAEX (Caviar Black) in Raid 0
XFX AMD Radeon 6870 2GB
ASPIRE X-Plorer ATX Mid-Tower
Samsung S27B350H 27" Monitor
BOSE Companion 2
mrLRB
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby vinca » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:09 pm

hey voodoo, do you have a voodoo pc or just a nickname :?:
Vinca... aka BIG V

http://www.scienceprousa.com
Specs:
4gb ddr2 667 ram
Intel Core2Duo E6300 oced to 2.2 ghz
Radeon x1600
Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro
2x 250 gb western digital hard drives soon to be in raid
all on ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!

~Energy and persistence conquer all things~ -Ben Franklin
vinca
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby stanca » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:11 am

Maybe a voodoo kernel 9.50 from a hackintosh? :?: ;) :lol:
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.1