Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

install freezes at 95%

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.1

Re: install freezes at 95%

Postby deate » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:16 am

That' why I asked previously about if it was a WUBI installation...I've just read too many posts here about problems with this type of install...haven't been to the Ubuntu site, though to see if it is a consistent problem with Ubuntu or specific to Ultimate only...so I would suggest (if you haven't already) check the Ubuntu site, to see if some one has had the same problem there,or if a solution has been found...sorry I can't help you, and maybe someone else will come along that has had success with that type of install...till then, Google is your friend! There are just so many other ways to install that won't have you pulling your hair out, that you might want to consider :D
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby pch.shot » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:25 pm

' Why, because I'm really a windows man since DOS 3.1 and I really love the idea of installing and un-installing within an environment'
I used dos for many years and really like it. When Windows came along they more or less spoiled it by taking away access to the core of your operating system. A lot of people don't realize what they can do with Windows by understanding a few basic command line things. I do it all the time. In a lot of cases it is just faster and you don't have to use crappy software that doesn't work.
If you want a fool proof way of using 2 operating systems, install one on one hard drive and one on the other. The trick is just unplugging one hard drive at a time when you install. Then you just go into your bios and pick the operating system you want to use. If you are a hardcore dos man(which I do respect because I still use a lot of dos commands myself) there is always VMware Player or Virtual Box which will run another operating system within another operating system. Give it a try, you may just like it. I know I do.......
p.s. Did you try the usb install yet?
And by the way Wubi is crap....................
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby deate » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:22 pm

Just to help you along I did a google search for "initramfs"...you should do the same...didn't do much reading though, just enough to see that there have been problems with WUBI as far back as 7.10Ubuntu, seems to be a problem with FAT32 location as opposed to ntsf??????
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby dathem » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:23 pm

Hello, I have had this problem with earlier versions of UBUNTU but never with the Ultimate Edition so far. I should say I thought I had a problem, I thought the system had frozen too, but after some 10 minutes or longer, it would finish installing the system. I don't know what processes were going on but the system appeared dead for all intensive purposes, but it was busy. The same thing happens with DREAM LINUX installation, it appears frozen but it isn't. How long did you wait until you gave up?
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby billy20 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Same here, froze for about 10 min. drove me nuts at first.
Toshiba Satellite I5 m480
8 gig ram
500 gig Seagate 7200 rpm
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
Realtek RTL8188CE wireless
billy20
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby edvaness » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:15 pm

when mine was at 95%, I left , and went to town, came back an hour later, and was still at 95%.
I also burn all my iso files at 1x speed. Thats as slow as you can burn. Tryed a couple different burns, and same problem. I also checked the md5sum , and was exact . Also did hash check with no errors .Also tried on 2 other pcs . Then I tried 2.0 , and no problem. Installed first time. Did all installs from boot.
BAFFELED. :evil:

Ed
edvaness
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.0 Gamers

Postby SaddleTramp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:57 pm

Howdy gang...I'm not going to preach on the use of WUBI (as I have been known to do), I'm just going to say this: while some do not have any problems (mostly those that stay with the 'vanilla' Ubuntu), there are still lots of folks that have nothing but problems with it (including said 'vanilla' users and Ultimate Edition folks)...the bottom line is this: If WUBI gives you a problem the first time you try it, then trash the idea of using WUBI and go the Virtual Manager route. For VM, there's VMBox, VMWare, Windows VM (which I also had problems with), and numerous other Virtual Managers. Pick one to you liking, install it , and use it to install Ultimate (any version). You also need to know that by installing any OS inside Windows, you will NOT be using the hardware drivers of that distro. You will be using virtual drivers provided by Windows (whether it be XP, Vista, or whatever). That's all ... Good Luck to you !
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.1