Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

The new Ultimate Edition 2.2 theme

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.1

The new Ultimate Edition 2.2 theme

Postby dathem » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:04 pm

Hello, I recently noticed the new theme Ultimate Edition 2.2. I downloaded the deb file that installs itself, and WOW
it is terrific, I have installed it onto 2 systems so far! I love how the deb file puts everything where it needs to go. This is the first time that I was able to have a backdrop work, and animated, in back of the cube, spiral! I love the splash screen at shutdown too! I showed this version to a friend and she wants to install it onto her new computer!

I simply can't wait to see the final version of Ultimate Edition 2.2! This is the best Linux dist period!
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Re: The new Ultimate Edition 2.2 theme

Postby kiwinsn » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Every time a new Ubuntu distro comes out, TheeMahn creates another masterpiece, even better than the last.

From browsing through the forum and seeing comments from users about Jaunty, I can't wait to see what TheeMahn can do with it.

It just gets better and better !!!!

Cheers
System:
Specs to come.
Registered Linux user number: 542342
kiwinsn

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby dathem » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:21 pm

Hello, I have been using this 2.2 Theme for about a week or so on several machines, the only problems I have seen with it so far is that when you are in the CompizConfig Settings Manager, the background color is a pale creamy yellow with the text sort of gray-near white cream color, in other words I can barley see any text unless I roll over the text area with the cursor.
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby nynoah » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:26 pm

I love the new 2.2 theme. Thanks for leaving the option open to change the colors a little too. I found that if I make the blue more dark that it works better for me. Sometimes the light color does not show up correct on some applications. Also I would change the scroll bar to something more like the Mac one. The gloss blue one is easier to see. The dark one is just to hard for me to see. I find that I have to search for it. Is there any way to change that on the final release?

Also what is the est time for when 2.2 will be released. I want to install ultimate edition of a friends computer. But would rather wait for 2.2
nynoah
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.1 32 BIT

Postby SaddleTramp » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:44 pm

Ok folks, so ya really like the 2.2 theme huh!?! LOL Well, me too :mrgreen: <BREW> <BREW> <BREW> Here's the thing guys, you ever heard the story about the old boat builder?? Everyone in town dropped by to see how he was doing and offered advise on what he should do about various things to add or take away from the boat. Well, finally, he finished. He then parked it outside and put a "For Sale" sign on it. The townspeople all gathered round and asked the old builder why he was selling his boat? His reply, "Oh, that one's for you all. I'm now going to build one for me."

The Moral: Thee tries his best to please and considers all recommendations he gets from the masses. However, if he made one app this way to please someone, another way to please someone else, well, I think ya'll get the picture. What goes out is what he sees best on HIS system. Which obviously doesn't mean it's going to show up the same way on others. HOWEVER, he does allow the capability for 'Everyone' to change and set up the apps any way that pleases them. Ok, so sometimes it may be a pain where the sun don't shine to have to go in and change something the way you want it. But thinking about it, is it 'Really' that much trouble. Particularly when you've got a program that goes far beyond the majority of others that are available.

So change the colors, backgrounds, sounds, cursors, or anything else you want to change to set the Theme up to suit yourself. I do. And so can you.

Ya'll think about it!! ;) <BREW> <BREW>
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby sedge » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi
I have been using the 2.2 theme for a while only one thing is missing Ultimate Edition 2.2!!!!
When?
sedge
sedge
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby sedge » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:18 am

I will try to wait patiently but with anticipation.
sedge
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.1