Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Wireless internet

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.1

Wireless internet

Postby noodles38 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:06 pm

Hello I am new to the forum but i have been off and on using Ubuntu...
I have loaded the new version of the Ultimate Edition and love it , but I am unable to connect to my wireless router. My card can pick up all other routers in my area but not mine... I am back on to windows now but would love to be on my Ubuntu Ultimate Edition ....
I have added the sid and the network key and still nothing....I had this same issue with the regular ubuntu after i did a few updates b4 the 4-1 date.... This is when i started to notice this little issue..... I have tried to trouble shoot all night and half the morning on this... What could I be missing here... I am still new to Linux but i am loving every bit of it even with the little miss haps.
noodles38
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Wireless internet

Postby phaedra » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:33 pm

noodles38 wrote:Hello I am new to the forum but i have been off and on using Ubuntu...
I have loaded the new version of the Ultimate Edition and love it , but I am unable to connect to my wireless router. My card can pick up all other routers in my area but not mine... I am back on to windows now but would love to be on my Ultimate Edition ....
I have added the sid and the network key and still nothing....I had this same issue with the regular ubuntu after i did a few updates b4 the 4-1 date.... This is when i started to notice this little issue..... I have tried to trouble shoot all night and half the morning on this... What could I be missing here... I am still new to Linux but i am loving every bit of it even with the little miss haps.

Hi and Welcome :)

I find it odd that you can see all the other routers except yours. That leads me to believe that you don't have the router set to broadcast the ssid. I'd suggest checking the setup to make sure it is being broadcast. After that, if you still can't see the router, disable security and run an open router just to be sure it isn't the encryption. You should always be able to connect to it without the encrypted link.... What type of link are you using? WPA? WPA2? TKIP + AES?

Also, what wireless card are you using? Since you have had the same problem with stock Ubuntu it might be a known issue. In fact, it is always a good idea to list the hardware setup that you have. :D

If none of that works we'll go from there ;)

BTW - When you have trouble hooking up to your router, it is best to disable the security until you can get it worked out. Then turn it back on when the problem is resolved.
phaedra

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby noodles38 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:27 pm

phaedra

Hello and sorry it took so long... I have very busy at work and not enough time for home computer fun..
I did fix the problem but i cant set my security back I am still working on it though... Thanks for the help..

:D
noodles38
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby noodles38 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:31 am

I log into my router and set the ssid to broadcast and disable the security and hook up the ubuntu and it was connected but now i am working on trying to enable my security again.. I attempted a few times and it disconnected from the router....I am about to purchase a 500gb hard drive and reinstall it to that but with windows too......
i did get onto firefox and added kaspersky to my web browser , but i have read that Linux is pretty secure. I dont want to tak any chances though

:ugeek:
noodles38
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.1