Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Error after Dual Booting. Need Help!!!!!!!!

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.1

Error after Dual Booting. Need Help!!!!!!!!

Postby JWMCG1 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Hello Everyone.

JWMCG1 here with a little problem after I had finally found a way of dual booting Ultimate Edition 2.1 with my Windows Vista Home Basic. I did a regular install thru Ultimate Edition 2.1 and then I used EasyBCD 1.7.2 . I thought that everything went just as it was supposed to. I then tested by rebooting my laptop and starting Ultimate Edition 2.1; unfortunately what I saw on the screen was not to reassuring. I wrote everything down that came up from the error that came up.

Code: Select all
  [    0.536031] ...MP-Bios  bug:  8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC
Loading Please wait.....

BusyBox  v1.10.2  (Ubuntu 1:1.10.2-1ubuntu6) built-in shell(ash)

Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs)_

Built-in commands:
------------------
                          . : [ [[ alias break cd  chdir  command continue echo eval exec exit export false getopts hash help let local pwd read readonly return set shift source test times trap true type ulimit umask unalias unset wait [ [[ ash awk basename cat chmod chroot chut clear cmp cp cut deal locut dumbkmap echo egrep cnv expr false fbset fdflush fgrep find grep hostname ifconfig ip kill

ln loadfront loadkmap ls mkdir mkfifo mknod mkswap mktemp more mount mv openvt pidof printf ps pwd readlink reset rm rmdir sed setkeycodes sh sleep sort stat sync tail tee test touch tr true tty umount uname uniq wget yes.

(initramfs)_   

I do apologize for being such a noob about this, but I'm really out of my area here. I do want to learn though. So if anyone can give me a helping hand here I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!!!

JWMCG1
"Knowledge Used is True Power!!!!"
JWMCG1
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Error after Dual Booting. Need Help!!!!!!!!

Postby pch.shot » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:07 pm

Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby pch.shot » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:26 am

You can also use partition manager from the live disc and set up your partitions first.
Format your Windows partition as ntfs(the first partition) and your Ultimate partition as ext3(your second partition)with a swap partition as you third. Then install Windows first and Ultimate second. This is what I always do when I dual boot. If you have the money having two machines is the best way to go, however.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby phaedra » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:51 pm

JWMCG1 wrote:Hello Everyone.

[code] [ 0.536031] ...MP-Bios bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC
Loading Please wait.....

JWMCG1

That appears to be the bug that kept getting me on this system.... You need to make sure you have 'noapic' as a kernel option.

The others are right tho... Best to install Windows and then partition with Ultimate Edition when installing that.
phaedra

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby JWMCG1 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:27 pm

Hello Everyone!!!
I want to thank everyone that has posted responses to my plea for help. I really do appreciate the help. Now to explain in greater detail my situation. I have Windows installed first. I then went thru the dual boot option by doing a regular install from the live dvd that I made. I used the partition manager within the OS. I did set up Ultimate Edition 2.1 on ext3 , but I did not do the third partition as a swap.

Now the real problem is that none of the commands that are available work. I've gone thru most of them and I get no response. I'm wondering if I need to just repartition the hard drive that I have Ultimate Edition 2.1 on and start over.

JMCG1
JWMCG1
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby SaddleTramp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:44 pm

JWMCG1 wrote:Hello Everyone!!!
I want to thank everyone that has posted responses to my plea for help. I really do appreciate the help. Now to explain in greater detail my situation. I have Windows installed first. I then went thru the dual boot option by doing a regular install from the live dvd that I made. I used the partition manager within the OS. I did set up Ultimate Edition 2.1 on ext3 , but I did not do the third partition as a swap.

Now the real problem is that none of the commands that are available work. I've gone thru most of them and I get no response. I'm wondering if I need to just repartition the hard drive that I have Ultimate Edition 2.1 on and start over.

JMCG1

Howdy J...can you run 'Partition Editor' and take a snapshot of your partitons?? If so, do that and post back here...
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby JWMCG1 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:15 am

Hello Everyone!
Thanks for all of the great info. To answer your "?" SaddleTramp ; I'm not sure how to do that function. I can't even get the actual OS to start up. I'll see what I can do though and get back in touch.

JWMCG1
JWMCG1
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby SaddleTramp » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:35 am

JWMCG1 wrote:Hello Everyone!
Thanks for all of the great info. To answer your "?" SaddleTramp ; I'm not sure how to do that function. I can't even get the actual OS to start up. I'll see what I can do though and get back in touch.

JWMCG1

In that case, can you still get into Windows?? If not, load your Windows install disk and let it repair the MBR...reformat your Ext3 (Ultimate Edition) partition, slice off a 1 or 2GB partition at the very end (for Swap file), you'll want a setup similar to this:

sda1 (or hda1 for ide hdd): this should be your windows partition (ntfs or fat32)
sda2 : Ultimate Edition
sda3: Swap

Here's a pretty good How-to guide to go by: http://apcmag.com/how_to_dualboot_vista ... _first.htm
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.1