Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Will Windows XP Please be put to sleep!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Will Windows XP Please be put to sleep!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:47 am

Am curious to know as I am seeing it here where I live that many businesses ares still using XP! How many of you out there see this fact??? Do, you think it is a viable plan to run a business with an OS that is no longer supported, incompatable with newer hardware and prone to hacker attacks????

I am not lying about this as I did a grand opening for a grocery store out here that still uses XP! Millions spent on this business, yet their OS is in the dark ages???? Also a local radio station in that same area with this outdated OS and equipment! How can they expect all those newly graduated IT people that never even touched XP, to be able to work for them????

Honestly, I am totally shocked and repulsed with businesses that are using something so detrimental!!! I do not have a problem with them using Windows 7 or 8! Least those 2 systems can adequately handle more modern situations! What really shocks me in my area, the lack of using other OS's! When I lived in Illinois I saw vast amounts of OS's! Here it seems as if is "Windows Country!" I have said this before and will say it again, you mention Linux and all anyone can ever say is it is just too complicated for them! Damn, I wish this brainwashing would end! Every day I am pummeled by commercials for Microsoft!!!!

I am working for a company that has mixed OS's! Of course is Win7 and XP! Has been a mess here and there as things have gotten scrambled due to that fact! When I was in College, I was told many businesses out here had put XP to sleep a few years ago!!!! Was that a huge lie!!! I am completely flabbergasted that XP is now being condered to be abandoned by these businesses!!!!! I mean, just now???? Were these people sleeping when MS kept telling them support will end??? Now a month after that fact and is now coming to light that it is time to move on! Honestly, I would think the debate would now be centered on moving to Windows 8!

Have to face it, even the general population is not using Windows XP! So, if the general population would not be that stupid to use something that old, why would a business even consider it!!!! Just really befuddles and disgusts me! Sure, I would never use Windows F/T in my house, but still can respect others want to use it! Another thing, I wish this age-old brainwashed concept Linux is "Just too complicated!" would die!!! I brought my laptop with "Ravenswood(13.10) to work with me and was told this by another person. "I don't need something that complicated! Would take me so long to learn it! Do, you really use all those programs???"

To that, I answered: "No, I do not use every single program every day! Some are there for when they are needed! Linux may be tough to build, but using it at points is even easier than Windows! I built "Ravenswood" with everything I thought I would ever need and also has every possible driver I could need! The OS only needs to be installed to a hard drive and is good to go. No need for further installations, just keep it updated!!!!" I was very flustered with that age old brainwashed concept as is really preventing some people out here to open their minds and just give Linux a try!!!! Remember last year??? If not, on one of my visits to a dollar store, I asked the cashier what she thought about Linux? I did this since in her hand she had her Android smartphone! Her reply was "Oh no, I would never use Linux!" I laughed and told her "Then I suppose you do not need that smartphone anymore, right??" Of course you know she would never part with that phone!!! I told her: "Android the system on you smartphone is Linux!" Of course she had no conception of that!!!

Is just hilarious as I sit here worrying my OS will be out of date in say a few months, right???? Meanwhile, everyone around me thinks they are totally up to date since they are using WIndows!!! Absolutely amazing!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Will Windows XP Please be put to sleep!

Postby Pierre » Fri May 23, 2014 7:15 am

Been to a number of business that still run win_xp,
a surprising number of those, run some proprietary software.

- some of them, didn't to appear to be 'on-line' though.

the biggest issue with old win_xp PCs, is that their h/w is insufficient to run anything else.
- most of them are struggling to run win_xp - SP3, with just 512Mb ram :!:

in the days of YO, which wasn't all that long ago,
Linux was prompted as able to run on as little as 128Mb ram,
however, like win_xp - SP3, - a modern Linux O/S really needs a least 1Gb of ram.

Therefore, most ex win_xp PCs are unable to be upgraded,
to either a modern Linux O/S,
or even to another version of windows.

but, there is, fortunately, lightweight Linux O/Ss out there,
- however, most people won't be able to find them, as they don't know enough about Linux.
Pierre
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri May 23, 2014 9:24 pm

I think a lot of the not finding the smaller Linux systems is about the "Brainwashing" we have all been subject to! I was there too!!! For years (2000-2012) all I ever heard is "To use Linux, you must be a programmer!!!" Now, that statement is plain trash! I tried quite a few different systems then got into Linux and was astonished and then completely disappointed in myself I had accepted that "Brainwashing" before! What a waste of years messing with an OS that completely frustrated me daily!

I then see those same frustrations running in these businesses and can not understand why they would not search for a better way! I mean why not? There are small Linux systems out there they could get their IT people to put together that would out perform what they have and increase sales! Nope, they continue to believe they must use Windows! Then Windows takes the airways on TV and continues trying to brainwash people there is nothing else to use!!!! That is another pathetic deal! I sincerely wish, Linux would come out with a commercial! Maybe would wake some people up to the facts about having an OS that will function instead of malfunction!

Am lost on MS's commercials and ask many people this one question, for which no one knows the answer, here it is: In the commercials about surface at the end there is a some song playing starts with "Honestly". Now, does anyone know what is being marbled mouthed after that???? Today, I asked 50 people of which all said "No, I do not know any of the words after "Honestly" So, my final question is: "How can you trust a company that you do not have any conception of what they are saying in their commercials???"

Is not that I totally hate Windows! Is the fact they need to start proving they are a viable OS instead of standing on the premise of their past accomplishments! Improvements need to happen, they also need to understand the needs of their customers! Some businesses I have seen have the hardware to use a better OS than Windows 7 but are disappointed, in Windows 8 and will not make the switch! Is not good! Also, they need to build a new OS no longer than 2 years apart! There are just too many changes to do anything else and leaves the system open to trashy upgrades that at most times simply devastate the system and re-installs become frequent!

Think about it, take a Ubuntu, say 12.10 and run it for 3 years, sitting there updating and updating, will bet the same hassles happen! This is the reason 2 systems are built each year by Ubuntu as to keep people up to date and running right, not backdated and trashed! Personally am wondering how someone would want to pay umpteen dollars for an OS that operates like that??? I would sooner pay for a Ubuntu than a Windows OS in its present state! My computer with Windows 7 which came out right before these parts were manufactured, ran for about 2 months and dumped! With Ubuntu, I have beat it to hell and takes about a good 4 months to destroy an OS! If I ran it "Walking on Eggs!" as I did with Windows 7 would bet I would get 2 years out of a Ubuntu!!! Now, I paid $200 for Windows 7 and no cash for Ubuntu! So there is my point!

Last thing, Windows XP was never super special, sure looked nice when it was created, but also had troubles! So, I am totally confused why people on Linux would want to remind themselves of that substandard OS by displaying "Look-alikes" on their desktops??? Just baffles me to no end! I am pleased every day with my Ubuntu OS(Ravenswood) as it continually performs and does its job! I could never say that about any Windows OS I have ever run! If I did would be a sheer lie! I will also never show any of my Linux desktops with a disgustingly ugly look as Windows!!! I am proud of how beautiful a Linux desktop can look!!! Once again, I want to thank every developer that made those looks I have achieved in my themes possible!!!! If it were not for you, those looks would be terrible!Of course functionality even makes it more beautiful, especially when I can run a program and the computer runs it and does not crash in the middle of executing it!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sun May 25, 2014 10:49 am

I wish I had cable, cause if I did this OS, I would definitely upload to anyone! This Verizon 3g, number one might not make it, number two a fortune via the bill to upload heavy files! Wish I would have gotten better at building OS's before I was out of school! Possibly can just send you a disk by USPS if you just give me an address through messages in control panel! When I had cable in Illinois, I was so foolish with it! Now that I would be perfectly sane and just with it, I can not get it!

Yes, Zorin had those looks but of course was never real keen on that one! Ultimate makes it look real sad! Ravenswood would also make it look sad! YLMF 3.0 had the XP looks and remarkably that OS ran very well! I realy enjoyed some brilliant ideas from YLMF and am still trying to gain a bit more knowledge of it! Windows was completely upset when YLMF 3.0 was released, why??? The problem was YLMF looked like Windows XP but actually outperformed it by 80% which was proven by many professionals!!! YLMF since was a smaller company, used this idea to get recognition! The following OS they produced YLMF 4.0 was still very intense in its artwork. Before they combined with StartOS the following system(YLMF 5.0) had taken on the most unique boot screen, I have seen to this day!

For those that never saw this, here's how the boot went: The background would be somewhat of a light blueish. Against that background would be a tree formed out of their starting letter "Y" which carried the green color on top and bottom was brown. Around the tree what appeared as stars would revolve around that tree!!! To this day, I have not seen such beautiful or complicated work! Was a real sight to see and shows these Chinese developers were 100% serious about their OS vs 70% seriousness I see in Microsoft! Have to rate Ultimate's developer at 140% due to his seriousness being completely overwhelming!

Have to think about it, how many other developers continually look to improve something that is already running tops???? I can not even rate my own dedication to creating OS's higher than 90%!!! The kind of time TheeMahn devotes to Ultimate is unbelievable and practically impossible! Still, he does it! Now, if MS ever gets the dedication up in production, maybe something real will come from it, but I doubt it! To me they devote 120% to advertising to try and convince everyone, their system is in a higher category! They need to reverse those numbers, if they intend to hold onto their failing consumer business!

From what I see out in my area, many consumers(individuals, non-business) have made switches from MS to Mac, Linux and Unix. Of course is in that order also!!! The main reason I keep giving the two year rule, is technology is pushing fast! We are just not standing still and wondering what our computers can do for us anymore! We have become very dependent on our computers and count on them to get things done for us! So anyone that is in production of any operating system has to understand that point, instead of falling asleep or just opting to advertise! XP needs to be banned from business as is now detrimental to consumers and business! There is no possible way to function that system correctly with modern hardware and most older hardware of that era should be retired!

When one sees a Antique Automobile from 70's, 60's,,,etc we notice that vehicle is not used for everyday purposes! Same needs to hold true for these older OS's since there really is no possible way to do proper work or business on them! Unfortunately, in the computer world antiquity comes within 3-4 years at my estimation! I now even rate my own hardware as antiquated!!! Of course since I am not a business or company is on the natural side since our economy is in a poor state these days! For a business though, I would consider it very repulsive to be working with equipment that is over 3 years old! Any business that considers themselves viable generally replaces their equipment annually! Those that do not are failing to understand the needs of their customers and often loose them!

Hoping this week as finally replaced my power supply, will update the Ravenswood image. With that am also hoping themes will be finished and completely up to date in their smaller sizes!! Have been diligent on keeping that image up to date so if I ever have to reload, will be done in 2 hours time! Can anyone say that about running a Windows OS???? Why, MS still refuses to do what Linux does for free, and that is to implement the drivers in their OS! Just as it was in 2002 with XP holds true today!!! Not all, but many drivers still have to be installed via flash or disk! Ew how modern!!! Also a bareboned MS OS what is really there???? Even a barebones Ubuntu has more software!!!! That is pathetic and needs to be changed! People need something to start with, not just OS gets to desktop and internet
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue May 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Change is often harder for people to adapt to than is usually realised by tech companies who are always looking for the next big thing(Besides Microsoft who are always looking to exploit and make stale, or just you know be horrible Like Windows Phone, Bing, MSN, etc...)

This isn't surprising, think of how you look at KDE, it is not in your field of knowledge so you dismiss it and think it is complicated(it really isn't).

At least with KDE you can make it look and act like..well XP, GNome, etc.., but this isn't exactly an option for someone who is really used to XP and then they use Windows 8 because that is what comes with new hardware. Sure they could use Windows 7 and this would make life not so complicated but this is easier said than done and requires a purchase of the software or a registration key. KDE can be installed on Windows too, sure, but replacing the shell is far out of the average user's grasp and ability.

It will die, surely, as time must move on, but it will take a while, especially if you consider that since MS is providing support..to places like..China, then you can bet on being able to keep XP around if you are dedicated to it.

Plus we are forgetting the best aspect of XP

The INSTALL SONG!!

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue May 27, 2014 9:59 pm

You did hit up on the aspect why KDE is not my cup of tea! To much like Windows! Spread it out for me and will accept it more! Reason I am on Linux is I want to be spread out, not be compacted! I also want the looks. KDE can run it, get it looking alright, but just does not please me! Happy Linux is nothing like Windows and has all these different desktops I can enjoy! So, I stay with the ones I enjoy and just explore the ones I do not enjoy! Windows only one desktop and KDE to install on it, not a big difference except for being able to manipulate it easier than Explorer'r desktop!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Rants and Raves