Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Starting to wonder what really pays attention to color???

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Re: Starting to wonder what really pays attention to color??

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:10 pm

Very kind of you Xxjoker! Still though, most of my themes are already up on Gnome-look and I use the same name as here BBOSAK2143. The largest problem with Gnome-look and here seems no one wants to mention if they are having some inconsistency with one of my themes. So, therefore I do not know if it is with the theme or something else! On Gnome-look was getting stupid comments such as "I hate it, is ugly!" Now that is an opinion only! Now if someone would say something intelligable such as when I hover on the scrollbar it turns purple or white, that would be sweet! I can then know where I have to look for a problem! Am totally lost on the stupid comments as, for a few years all I ever saw was intelligable comments! Now, when it comes to posting my own, I get the stupid comments and does me no good at all!!!

Since I only have my systems to go on, I only see a huge difference from 13.04 to 13.10. So, I keep posing the same question: "IS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING COLOR ISSUES WITH THEIR THEMES???" As I said many times, "If I did not enjoy creating themes for everyone, would just keep them to myself!" I was fairly satisfied with how things were looking, but know when I get a serious comment such as "I can't see the text coloring since the png is so bright!" then I know I had to change things! I want the themes to look great wherever and whatever desktop they are displayed on! I know of course, I will never please everyone, but least I can do the best I can possibly do and always look to improve!

As have said before, am not going to post themes unless there is a significant change for the better! Also did not clutter Gnome-look as only uploaded CyanMate and BB12PK. The second was a 12pk of themes in which the user has to put some things in folders, but result is 12 themes. Recently, I became quite annoyed on Gnome-look when people put up about 6 themes at once and it takes the entire page! Now that takes away from other artists! So, to avoid that clutter I simply combine them into one. Basically, most of the things I do follow the old addage "Do unto others as you would have done for you!" I always follow that addage when posting a comment for someone else's theme. I would never make a rude and stupid comment! Only one that either lets someone know the theme will not work for me or that is looks great! If I do not like the way a theme looks, I simply do not download it!!!

The next batch of themes is probably going to take a bit! I want all pictures gone and errors gone! I have around 16 pngs/svg's in gtk-3.0. Of course since am still working on gtk-2.0 is going to be awhile! I figure what have posted is decent enough to get a better look than before, but is not going to be an exact color match on all, just effects and coloring are not traditional which helps to give these smaller gtk-2.0 desktops a nicer look! Currently with most themes the look is very bland with no gradients whatsoever. Is most likely no one knows how to do this! To be honest, I just learned how to do it for gtk-2.0 and damn am I going to take advantage of it! Of course just posted a little tidbit for that effect and how it took over the use of png's which do not properly emulate the exact coloring. See with png's we do not have the luxury of having the exact coloring of our #'s. So there goes the consistency! Am happy I found a way out of that and am going to make sure is shared with everyone! I also hope others will share with me!

Also the added advantage of cutting down on the pictures(png's, svg's) cuts down the size of themes!!! I combined those 12 themes and had a size of 2megs unzipped and 375kbs zipped! Hell, I downloaded one theme and was about 4megs, of course not hosted on Gnome-look was at deviant art. Also have an account there, but have been too lazy to use it!!! Also, love the fact do not have to color those pics!!! Sorry, seems to me no matter what I do with coloring those things they always have some kind of flaw!!! I say it's me, since I am great at dripping paint all over when painting things!!! When it comes to how wording puts all things to visual, now that is hot! I am just totally dazzled and wowed by gradients, shading and alpha's!!!! Flat coloring? Even a monkey can do that!!! Zero challenge and looks terrible, cheap and disgusting! I know I just got off the beating track a bit, so just a refresher: "Please, anyone that is having any coloring discrepancy with their themes since 13.04 please by all means post!" Let's get this figured so all can enjoy their desktops to the fullest extent!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:31 pm

I posted an XFCE theme on OZ about three weeks ago, really I only modified the .png(s) for the panel. Can you tell me what you think, I haven't gotten any feedback. I use the same name on there as I do here..thanks!!

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Any chance of getting a link to where it is at? OZ is huge! This connection of mine is not going so well and is a beautiful day out here, of course! Suppose that is when I can not get anywhere to fast! Haven't been on there in a bit and for the life of me, can't remember where any themes were for download as I never downloaded from there! Of course would have if I knew where it was at! Lot of old posts! So, give me a clue where it is at. I want to see it as I want as much insight into this as possible! Am not condemning png's, am just looking to avoid them since I wind up mutilating them with my coloring!!!! Besides am seeing very satisfactory results since I started this! So satisfying, I have not spent more than 5 minutes on the Flashback desktop! I have been solely running LXDE and absolutely love the looks to it, now that have started reworking it!

Of course and the question and purpose of this post goes unanswered! Question remains: "Anyone out there having theme color issues since using 13.10????" That is the immortal question and boy is it not getting a response to it! My post in themes is dedicated to change for XFCE and LXDE! Flashback is dead in 3.12 so there goes the best looking Gnome desktop! Am sorry, Gnome can stick Gnome and Gnome Classic where the sun don't shine!!!! Those are lame desktops that function off of gtk-2.0 anyway! So, the main fight goes on. That fight is to get the greatest looks possible in gtk-2.0!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:29 am

Well, as I have said that I am not afraid to say when I am wrong! Here it goes!!! I was wrong and wrong big time! I guess when I shuffled and made some corrections to some of my themes while in the "ailing 13.04" I was using somehow some changes did not get saved within gedit! Still, I really wish others would have gotten on here and told me there were no graphical inconsistencies as that would have pushed me a little harder to find the problems I had! Turns out as I was building the new gtk.css for a future theme, I found one of the errors and how was caused! The scroll down menu in Gnome was supposed to be border_bb3 which was a bright cyan coloring instead the 3 was eliminated, which left it the first border color of red!

As have said, I stopped using red for text coloring as not to hurt or stress people's eyes too much! For those that have downloaded the past issues of themes I have posted on Gnome-look, I apologize for this grievous error as was never my intention to go to a color that is not clearly visible! The other problem when Nemo is in "superuser mode" of the coloring not being a pristine red color and defaulting to base color has not been found yet in the original. With the new gtk.css that problem has also been corrected. Also the new addition in the pathbar has been implemented! First, finally the border is colored as intended!!!! Also, there is intensely more definition to show the user their exact position to know exactly where they are at! Believe me, you would have to be blind not to see this one! Of course below you will see the picture which will depict this new addition and the problems solved.

Also have to mention this time for Nemo, I was able to get two text colors running! For the sidebar is green and for the view is amber! I think the looks will be a bit nicer and help add to the overall look. Remember there are still things needing to be done for this theme and is not complete by no means yet!!! Still, is coming along very nicely and am hoping the end result will make users happy! That of course is always my main intention!!! Of course the great looks will also be a major part on other desktops one may use!!! After all, I have posted a few pictures how it looks on LXDE and all know that Mate and XFCE follow that pretty closely! Anyway here is the picture. Also when I find what caused the warning color not to function, will post where that mistake was. Also will be sure to post the exact line where the problem came in on the menu! I just want to make sure this same aggravation does not happen to others! Absolutely love 13.10 and as have said will stick with it til 14.10!
Attachments
I_WAS_WRONG.jpg
I_WAS_WRONG
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu May 01, 2014 5:39 pm

BBOSAK2143 wrote:Still, I really wish others would have gotten on here and told me there were no graphical inconsistencies as that would have pushed me a little harder to find the problems I had!

I admit that wishing can sometimes be a useful strategy..however
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=9824#p81179

If you are not even going to Link..and I have told you you can even upload directly to the forum..I SAID YOU COULD DO THIS, whatever your reply in kind as to your perception to forum organization is of little relevance.

With no Theme..there will be no input. Very simple.

It will not let you upload if it is too big.

Also might I ask if we could start placing our pictures inline...it is the button that says.."place inline"

It makes it so your post does not look so horrible with overlapping pics into the next post. I can do this for you but I will just put the pic wherever.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu May 01, 2014 7:52 pm

Nemo_On_New_CyanIV.png
Nemo_On_New_CyanIV
See when I asked for graphical inconsistencies it was not applying to my themes. I asked if others had problems since using 13.10 with coloring being accepted within their own themes. Yes will have to upload over here when done. This is one piece of work so far! I think is going to be much more unique than all my previous themes when is done! Theming is not half as easy as many think it is! One small thing missing and it all goes down the tubes! Will try hitting the inline again, but do believe I have been. I usually do put the picture below all statements. Anyway, many are going to get a good laugh at 2 stupid mistakes I made that toasted my themes and made me think 13.10 was at fault!

Number One when scrolling down applications on the Gnome desktop(Flashback) the wording was red colored! In the section menu.menuitem:hover I had meant to change coloring to border_bb3 which is a bright "Cyan" color instead I must have experienced a crash or error with gedit back when I was using 13.04, I had built since the 3 was not present. Without the 3 is a red color. I enjoy coloring changes with everything! Next and for the life of me, I do not know how this one got deleted! Under the first list of attributes in gtk-widgets.css one line was missing which forms the border for the elevated priveledges. Was border-radius: 3px; The standard color for that is pretty ugly! Is kind of a pinkish-red! To me, it takes away the looks of a theme, so I changed it to a more casual red which anyone can understand as a error color!

Anyway am going to shoot this pic by and hopefully will go inline properly, if not let me know what I am doing wrong and will correct it! Am hoping as always with all this, it gives others ideas for their own and the creativity goes on! I still have much disgust for Gnome-look as many themes with a simple color change hit a high rating while themes that inspire change plummet in the ratings!!! Here's the new look for Nemo! Least 90% of it!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu May 01, 2014 10:35 pm

Oh. I apoligise, I misunderstood.

I have had problems of varying sorts on themes on every OS I have ever themed.

13.10 specifically, no one should be using 13.10. 14.04 is out. If you are using 13.10, you need to probably upgrade to 14.04 14.04 is LTS. It would be a waste of time to devote theming to 13.10 at this point.

13.10 end of life..July..like..this July

14.04 end of life..April..2019

hmmmmmmmmmm

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu May 01, 2014 10:41 pm

It shouldn't matter anyways..there are versions of DE within the specified release date of Ubuntu that correspond, but it is the version of DE that is more important than the version of Ubuntu, especially when considering that Linux does not revolve around Ubuntu. It seems that way..but it is really not the case, especially when considering things that are not DE related. It is just a kernel after all.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:41 am

Yes, I know 14.04 is out and with it will come the end of Flashback as most will then upgrade to Gnome 3.12 if using Gnome for their main desktop environment. See the lower desktops such as LXDE and XFCE are not that tough to work for and when they do update with the OS, generally is very smooth and that has been my point through many of these posts. As said, the only thing that was gluing me to Gnome was Flashback! Since will be gone, I am not going to stay concerned with making themes for that are specific to that desktop! This is the reason for all the work I have been doing! Basically, most of all the themes I wrote will work on anything from 12.10 and up!

I never did mention the reason my original favorite no longer worked on 13.04! Well, here it goes!!! Settings were not defined! Now that is also a problem I find when I am creating these themes! You forget one letter or anything and the whole theme is trashed!!! Does not matter that you have 2586 lines 100% correct, that one tiny symbol, word or letter wrong tosses the entire theme! Now sure that theme worked on 12.10, but the question remains "Did it run because I put that OS together very sloppily, or was 12.10 just not that intense to see those errors???" Personally, I think I was at fault! See, am never afraid to admit my mistakes! Is a part of learning, we all make them!!!

Am not going to mention any names of themers, but many put these themes together and miss those fine details. Sure the theme will run, but then eventually next upgrade it fails. Is not because of the system no longer taking those settings, is the fact those settings were not correct to begin with! Now, today am a bit short on time, but when time permits, I will take a correctly made theme of the past and display it on my soon to be outdated 13.10! Will, say that was the point of another rant I made! My point was, "Who is going to run the same OS for those 5 years??" I mean think about it, progress it happens, are we going to let it pass us by???? The .04's are very insightful, but sorry will wait for the finished product which will be 14.10! Of course this is all related to what my other rant was and was also a shame no one responds to it!

Yes the desktop environment does not revolve around Ubuntu. Largest reason I use Ubuntu??? Simple to build onto it! Once I learn another you bet will do it! For now is an easy way out for me! Other OS's such as the tiny ones also run on many of the same principles everything else does!!! Has to be some standard or we would not be able to run desktops and programs on those systems!!!! Still, am waiting for that link to your theme!!! I want to see it as all this adds to my research and development of what I am trying to accomplish in this theme am working on! If anyone ever thinks that I do not look at others themes, they are crazy! Without insightful ideas, I would have nothing!!!! Now, I may not be able to enjoy the overall looks of some of these themes, but I can enjoy great script!!!

Sure have seen plenty of poorly written script, that was actually worse than my own! Very surprising especially when it came from a themer that was creating themes, while I was still wondering how to load anything other than Windows!!!! Of course, as there are many lines that go into these themes, after that much typing one can slip up easily!!!! Oops, should also ask this: "Who in their right mind at Ubuntu is going to fully support some OS, I have built?????" Think about it? Who am I??? I am a nobody, with a nothing Associates degree that can't even get a job entering data at some ratty job a high schooler can do! So, you think, Ubuntu would say "Sure we will support everything you build into 14.04!" Now, TheeMahn that is a different story as he wrote the book on a lot of this stuff! He was there creating with Ubuntu!!! So, yes they will listen to him and rightfully so! Me, I am nothing! Just trying to learn all this as I will never have enough money to return for more College!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri May 02, 2014 5:10 pm

So you are not going to use the 14.04 release which is what 12.10, 13.04 and 13.10 was working towards, but instead are going to insist that in someway, somehow, 14.10 will be superior, while at the same time acknowledging how the limitations are being set in later releases, and not consider that 14.10 is more or less beta build ups to identify catastrophic error so that the next LTS, 16.04 (one might consider the finished product of yes..14.10) is stable.

Or..

You are saying..just so we are all clear..

14.10..which is the first step towards the next stable release, with the longest support, which would be 16.04, is actually the finished product....because no one uses an operating system for over 6 mos?

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Rants and Raves