Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Can't get in to 3.9?!?!?!?!?!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Can't get in to 3.9?!?!?!?!?!

Postby BarryVG » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:55 am

Saw with enthusiasm the availability of 3.9. Downloaded and created a live DVD. After boot to live mode, I get a login screen. But I find I need to insert a password. Did I miss something? Any one have a suggestion?
Thanks much.
BarryVG
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Can't get in to 3.9?!?!?!?!?!

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:35 pm

Try "ubuntu", or "ultimate" or leave blank.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BarryVG » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:59 am

System is an Intel t2250 @ 1.73ghz x2
core duo system 32-bit 2gb ram
graphic Intel 945GM x86/MMX/SSE2

I livedisk booted for Try Ultimate Edition LIve resulting with a user names ultimate
Drop down presents Other.....
that has a line for Login: with choices of GNOME Fallback; GNOME Fallback (No effects) KDE Plasma Workspace; MATE; or Ubuntu
Doesn't make difference what I put in for a user name and password.
Trying to use ultimate as user account with no password cannot get past this login screen. I haven't found any reference for a password other than this at the main page

Password:
sending incremental file list
ultimate-edition-3.9-x64.iso
2877493248 100% 12.53MB/s 0:03:38 (xfer#1, to-check=0/1)

I did choose to download the 3.9 x32bit.iso

So what is the user account name and password to use to at least view the Live function? I've tried all the possible configurations on this login screen, none get me past this point.
BarryVG
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Downloaded..Tested in VB

Normally it is left blank.

This as you have surmised, had no effect, so I rebooted, as the installer bypasses.."nodm"

Terminal Commands
Code: Select all
sudo passwd

Created password for root
su

Went Root
passwd ultimate

Changed User Password
Logged Out
Tried to log in..
and nothing. Stuck at lightdm.

My verdict is broken.

I may look at it later, this doesn't mean that the install will behave in the same way.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BarryVG » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:01 am

I've tried all the possible combinations I can think of including the last posters. No login.

I only have one 64-bit system and I'll try on that with that version.
I have a smattering of 32-bit systems and all the previous UEs have worked well on them.

This is a challenge, not a problem. It is what makes working with computers fun.
BarryVG
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby BarryVG » Tue May 06, 2014 6:23 pm

Well, finally have a live system boot into a usable function. Did another download of the iso, burned on another system. Attempting to install fails when trying to load the get apt function. When quitting, it indicates failure.

Using 32bit with a dualcore system. 4gb memory. All previous versions of Ultimate Edition have successfully loaded to an SDHC chip. The chips I'm using have been a 32gb, process 10, with 50mb transfer speed. The Ultimate Edition 39, 40, and 42 I have not been able to do so. Why? Why not? Mainly because it is a challenge and had to give it a try

SDHC chips are just a form of solid state drive. Like I said, been able to run all previous verions, as well as other LInux packages too. Running Zendyal Business Server on a 64gb chip.
BarryVG
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Rants and Raves