Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Droidian Slip

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Re: Droidian Slip

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:08 am

So far not having luck mounting the Ubuntu 13.10 image, but of course will be working on it. I did buy the 8gb sdcard for it so least am able to get to part of if anyway! Takes time on all this stuff and also have other tasks at hand. For this weekend will be busy so will not really write to much here about what is happening cause will be no time to do anything!

For now since I also have another use for the Droidian Slip is going to double as an MP3 player so can enjoy some tunes in the car for once since that Zune bit the dust! Some of the disks that I made really do not have the quality of all the MP3's I have stored. Did not want to make any more disks and sure can not afford to be buying stacks of them again! So, since there is more than enough room to house songs I will want to play for a few hours, am sure the Droidian Slip is more than adequate to handle it! Of course not sure on how long battery will last in that aspect and sure am hoping for least maybe 2 hours of music as do not have a huge distance to go today and tomorrow.

Wouldn't you know that after I got that google maps working like a charm on here, am going to an already known place and will not need to use it! I was also hoping to eliminate the need for cell phone and this device, but came up empty handed when I tried this program call Dingtone. I mean all I need is something to work just in case it has to! I am not really one to talk on the phone that much at all! As you can see, I write more than I talk! Still, just in case something goes wrong while am traveling need a phone and Dingtone is just no answer to that. For those thinking about Dingtone they will also rope you in to trying offers after you install. The end result you get credits and for what???? Damned thing will not make a phone call to a regular phone, either has to be a smartphone or a Dingtone user. So avoid that program unless you are using it for contacting other users or smartphones!

Next, I had mentioned a hassle with Google Play on this EM544. Simple enough as just removed it, since I already have another apk application some kind of market, can't remember the name right now but works fine and will not hassle this small tablet! The benefits of having a small tablet like this is fits right in my pocket. Sorry, I just do not want something larger, if I need something larger and more proficient, I have my laptop which is adequately loaded with Ravenswood and Windows 7. As have said before, basically looking for just using this little tablet for whatever it can do! What it can not do will cover elsewhere.

Will stay on this mission of finding its uses as is quite interesting and am hoping with what I do find will help others with similar small devices as such! Also say was a great find with that Android 4.2 apk I found as this thing least handles much better. Also for those thinking about Big Lots, forget it! Big Lots decided to get out of display casing electronic devices and have sold off their inventories for real cheap prices. I found this fact yesterday when I visited the store in Columbia, TN. Was a beauty as found out even though I am a card member there, I was never sent any notification of this fact! A cashier told me some devices sold for 1/10th of their worth! In laymen's terms a $90 camera was sold for 2 dollars!!! Imagine that! Anyway, am sure something else will pop up for those of us that are not rich!!! Besides, these tablets are being created just as fast as toilet paper, so am sure we will soon see price drops!

Also as I learn some things, I also hope others will share on here and say what they have learned! Remember there are a lot of people that read these posts looking to understand how to use their devices or what can be done! Let's add to that so all of us can benefit and learn. Together we then learn how to make everyone's experience with these devices that much greater!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Droidian Slip massive confusion!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:30 pm

As I try to understand all there is about this cheap tablet I have, I wind up getting more confused! Now when I look at the details of the OS on there shows up as 4.1. If I take the link for support from this unit it would lead me to download an image that is 4.0 and listed as being for EM543. I was at a worksite this past weekend that had free internet access that was not secure. Now, I wanted to connect and tried to connect but had no luck at all.

Seeing as with the laptop when I was in a similar situation when I was at school, when I went to connect it took me to a site where I signed up then immediately had access. I understand there would probably be some internal settings to make and really would like to somehow browse the files on my computer as to know where things can be adjusted, so as I can get rid of some hassles.

Some information on the internet points to facts of Google Play being workable on this unit while others say is not. Is just very confusing and I have also installed adt bundle and am trying to learn what can be done for this unit. Battery life absolutely sucks and I can not get any information on how to replace it. Maximum time on this unit is one hour. I saw a few articles where users claimed this unit can run about 2 or three hours, so I am suspecting the battery is about shot!

One of the main reasons I downloaded and installed the adt bundle was all pointed to somehow with that installed, I can then somehow get that entire image onto my computer and peruse the files and find out what is going on! Of course need help with this as, I am not fully comprehending what I need to do and to me information is kind of vague on all this! So anyone with information to help me move forward with all this will be greatly appreciated!

Many apk's seem to be only available from Google Play and every time I try to use that on my computer or that device, is nothing but a hassle. From the computer with tablet hooked, says program installed and it does not install. From the tablet, gets to the site then it refuses to do anything! So I figure is some file holding me back, but to view all these files on the tablet would take forever and a day! Would be much simpler to get access to those files on the computer itself and fix whatever needs to be fixed.

Anyway as I am one of the last people to get one of these devices, I know there is a lot of people out there with much more knowledge on these than myself. So I am hoping everyone will pitch in a bit and help me get somewhere on it! I sure would like to understand so I can then help others on these also!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Re: Droidian Slip massive confusion!

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:37 pm

So you know..

Droidian Slip is a play on words because I was at a loss for what to call the entire topic.

It is a play on Fruedian Slip..

"A Freudian slip is a verbal or memory mistake that is believed to be linked to the unconscious mind. Common examples include an individual calling his or her spouse by an ex's name, saying the wrong word or even misinterpreting a written or spoken word."

So when you write Droidian Slip Massive Confusion..it takes me a minute to stop giggling ...

So let's go down the list..

4.0 or 4.1

There was most likely an upgrade at some point, so if that is the image supplied by the manufacturer than you might as well take it and save it somewhere.

Internet Access like that with that will require 2 steps.
1. Connect to the wifi point
2. Open a browser and it should link when you try to use it to an access page. Situations can differ.

You can try following these directions for Google Play
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/2012/06/10/how-to-add-android-market-to-polaroid-pmid702c/
Apparently this will work for google play but you may want to find a different set of gapps if available I think these are dated.

Battery-
You will need to find a task manager and constantly kill...constantly. Plus screen dim etc.. etc.. As far as replacing the battery, the effort and tools required plus the securing of another battery will most likely cost more than getting another tablet.

The Android development Kit has many many uses, but it is mostly about the bridge. You can download a distro that is dedicated to this stuff called Santoku. However...if you go here
http://www.android-x86.org/

You can try practicing with any of the images on VB. The images already have root. You can also use the gapps to download apks and transfer.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Re: Droidian Slip massive confusion!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:44 am

Yeah knew the Freudian bit quite well! Have to joke around, I do my best not to be stiff with all this!!! If you have seen my theme "Cyana" was also a play on words as is based on Eric Wolfson's "Freudiana" which is one of my favorite works! Maybe, I was not real clear on all this. The OS that is listed on the device when going into settings is 4.1. The unit is EM544. Now in the browser when I click on support for the tablet(on the tablet itself) I am sent to a page which then has no mention of EM544 and simply mentions EM543 and links the OS 4.0 for it! I did download it as am real curious.

Will follow your links, but thus far have tried a number of things to fix google play and have come up empty handed! Is unfortunate a lot of these apk's are only available through them, as this unit really fights that page bad! I was really upset as I was trying my best to avoid that site and I would get on a page that had a download link and boom, find myself right on their site! Is terrible, they only give the option to install and not just download! I guess google play has no consideration that some may want to download an application on their computer then put it on the unit itself. Especially, when you do not have the greatest of connections.

Already have a few applications to help with the battery, before that would only last a half hour! So, I know is a real problem with that battery! Probably are right and would cost more than the unit itself, but just figured would be nice to know price wise and repair wise would then give me incentive to most likely ditch this unit and go onto something better when money is there!

Everyone(websites) mentions this unit as having 4.1 just like I said is listed, so I find it real strange, the manufacturer can not remember that fact and leads me to a download of 4.0! I have even found a forum where someone had worked on the 4.1 image for this unit and actually had google play functioning. Everywhere else mentions this unit is terrible with that site and will not work with it! The unit itself even comes up with the error to contact the manufacturer that the unit does not comply with their site!

Still really want the entire system on my computer so as to understand it more and yes would like to try and make some programs for these things eventually! These tablets, phones and phablets are really in high demand and usage in our society, so would be awesome to do my part and try to contribute! Least most of these programs would be smaller and not a huge upload as other things would be. Is the largest reason, I have not shared one of my OS's with anyone yet! If I was on cable, damn straight I would! I know my OS's will never be greater than TheeMahn's but am sure someone would be able to learn or benefit from them, so is a shame can not do that! Am hoping can do similar with this stuff! Thanks for the links will be checking them after I post this.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Droidian Slip "The Brick"

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Guess this is what I get for buying a piece of junk! Was using it last night had my wallpaper on it everything working best it could. Ran out of power so recharged it last night. Go to turn it on this afternoon and zipidity!!! Tried to factory reload then reboot and same thing absolutely nothing! I did not brick it, it bricked itself! Definitely would never recommend one of these pieces of trash as to get only a month out of it and that month was mostly hassles, not a good one at all!

Sure as only spent $15 for it not a huge amount of cash lost, but still is hard to toss money in the trash. Most likely battery was trashed from being on the shelves for a long period of time! So, guess all the apk's and the android sdk and all is a big waste of time! Will have no way to test anything out since this one is cashed and at present can not afford another! Should have known as most things in BIg Lots that are electronic was mostly trash as anything I have purchased there in the past has some kind of issue!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:06 pm

They are fickle things....

My first forum posts...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/misc-a ... -star.html

Off-Topic :
However, things change..if I log on and see multiple posts with no coherency about the same topic, I am going to eat your soul. ;)

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:42 pm

Figure it has to be the battery! Ran about a half hour last night and was close to dead so I put it on charge. Did not stress the system whatsoever and was running as it should. All I was doing was looking at some files through file browser, since I was not able to move the system over to this computer as I had planned. Am really thinking due to this battery being faulty many of the problems I experienced were because of it! I say "faulty" since everything I read pointed to the battery time lasting around 2 to 3 hours. As an mp3 player it should run for 5 or 6 hours since screen is dimmed at most points. I was lucky to get 2 hours!

Now to figure out how to get a battery for this thing, is not so easy! I thought after taking this thing apart very carefully and typing any one of these pieces of information, I would find it. So far no dice! Here's all the info of the battery - SR423482P 1400mAh + 3.7U 130825 5.18Wh. Screen seems fine still, just keeps trying to boot and never makes it. Am assuming there is just not enough power to bring it to its desktop???? Not sure what we call that, so just say it that way!

Since it was running yesterday(last night) and I even had shut it off and rebooted and did just fine, can only assume the battery is the culprit. I have seen batteries that are close in description for around $10, so it might not be a terrible thing to just buy one and try it out! For those that own these small devices as such, is not terrible to take them apart, just be careful. What I did was use a dime at the top of the unit and then carefully guided and separated the seams so could get that cover off. Took about 5 minutes. So, if anyone has any good suggestions on where to get a cheap battery for this thing am game! Otherwise is just going to sit and gather dust or wait for someone who needs parts!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Previous

Return to Rants and Raves