Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Please try to remember the mortals among us

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Please try to remember the mortals among us

Postby Farclules » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:23 pm

We don't all understand the reams of code that get posted and most of us will never be able to update a kernel or compose our own operating system. We have to wait for somebody else to do that for us and it can be a long wait.

UE3.5 is the last stable system I have.

We all appreciate that Ubuntu ****ed up 12.10 or whatever it was 3.6 & 3.7 were based on.

UE3.8 sometimes installs properly and sometimes it doesn't.

It should be widely understood by now that TheeMahn has taken on himself two full time jobs and that he only gets paid for the other one ( and not at the proper rate either ) and that he does his best for us.

So I get to try mint sometimes but none of the versions I tried will do samba and I insist that my machines communicate

UE3.9, which I have been pacing back and forth in front of my pc for months waiting for, has been in testing a long time. I'd offer to help if I could but my programming skill set is kind of limited to microsoft type code.

Who said we'd have UE4.1 by april ?
Farclules
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Please try to remember the mortals among us

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:47 pm

Farclules wrote:We don't all understand the reams of code that get posted and most of us will never be able to update a kernel or compose our own operating system. We have to wait for somebody else to do that for us and it can be a long wait.

UE3.5 is the last stable system I have.

We all appreciate that Ubuntu ****ed up 12.10 or whatever it was 3.6 & 3.7 were based on.

UE3.8 sometimes installs properly and sometimes it doesn't.

It should be widely understood by now that TheeMahn has taken on himself two full time jobs and that he only gets paid for the other one ( and not at the proper rate either ) and that he does his best for us.

So I get to try mint sometimes but none of the versions I tried will do samba and I insist that my machines communicate

UE3.9, which I have been pacing back and forth in front of my pc for months waiting for, has been in testing a long time. I'd offer to help if I could but my programming skill set is kind of limited to microsoft type code.

Who said we'd have UE4.1 by april ?

I am writing software so you will never have to wait on me again:
SS.png
Yes, that is 4.3 sitting on my top monitor 100% built by the tool linked above.

Sorry about the tonie, using my GF's computer ;) I suppose I should drop Ultimate Edition 3.9, we will see what I can do. I will have to put programming on the back burner.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Please try to remember the mortals among us

Postby Acaster » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:00 am

Farclules wrote:So I get to try mint sometimes but none of the versions I tried will do samba and I insist that my machines communicate

Me too. If you get to the mint forum pm me
Change ain't what it used to be

Ultimate Edition 3.0, 3.5, 3.5.1, 3.6, 3.8, 3.9, 4.2b & bgl
i5-760 @ 2.8 GHz cpu
MSI MS 7613 MainBoard
16 GigaBytes RAM
Hitachi 1 TB & Western Digitial 1 TB HDs
Radeon HD 5570
Acaster
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT