Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ubuntu Builder updating old images

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Ubuntu Builder updating old images

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:02 am

Figured I would move to this section as can make some suggestions to younger builders as myself. Now from some of my rants you can see I have used Ubuntu Builder and command line to create systems. Both methods of building can have great consequences to those of us that do not have vast experience! So hopefully, I can set some things out to help so those that are building can be helped to avoid tragic results! Now remember, I have close to a year building so do not have vast experience, but I have seen many many troubles and now know how to avoid some.

Now this post is going to concentrate on images that were started but not completed. For instance, a few days ago I found the 3rd save I had for the 2nd OS I created. The state it is in is has not been touched since May. So that means there is 1500mbs of downloads. Now some would think to just open the image up by command line and simply type: apt-get dist-upgrade Now would be very effective if we simply just had the original mini it started out with. Remember, we are looking at all the desktops were installed.Another fact I am looking at is I can not afford to turn 1500mbs into double that, since that would be costly in a 3g situation! Now what happens many times if you would open by command line and start this upgrading process, many parts will be removed and will be loads of hassles! To go back and spend another day re-installing all the missing pieces is not a picnic! Been there, done it! End result, most times something is still missing and does not run correctly!

Number one and is the most important fact of no matter which way you would proceed to update, is to UPDATE YOUR SOURCES!!! Remember, Linux is moving quick repositories move or shut down, so to leave old sources in this image will simply waste your time! Believe me, I have made that mistake several times! Now, I have this image in need of massive updates, so here is my solution. First, I open it up with Ubuntu Builder, why? I can use Synaptic to slowly but surely bring this image of May to the equivalent of today's standards! Not only that, at that stage of building had less experience so made larger mistakes. I can now correct those mistakes! So the image is now opened by Ubuntu Builder since this time I am going to have Synaptic help me upgrade. I generally can not get this option happening by command line so UB is best for me doing it this way! First though before I hit reload on Synaptic I am changing etc/apt/sources.list. I simply use gedit open that list up and delete every single line as to save time. Next, I take the same list from currrent OS Xavius(my own name for it) and edit select all copy/paste all those sources into that old relic!

Next after all that is done and those files have been saved and closed, I click on reload on Synaptic. In my situation will take about 10 minutes to fully reload all the information needed. Next, now most would think first to update would be kernel, right? A month or two, yes, but not this long! First we head to update initramfs-tools. This is the beating heart of the system! I started this the other day and had to backtrack since I did not remember this point! Very, and I mean very important! If you have built these systems you will always notice initramfs is the glue of the system if it goes to south, you're done! After that simple and fast download we are then ready to proceed to updating the kernel next! Now since we have the aid of Synaptic that can give us a nice visual of what problems we can go through or how we can update simply is awesome! Of course once the new kernel is installed remember to remove the old one, we do not need anything getting in the way of running correctly! We can also use sudo nemo, nautilus, or whatever fav window manager to delete vmlinuz.old and initrd.img.old

As stated originally, if we just let the entire update happen, pieces will be lost(removed) and is not good for those of us that do not know every single part of these systems! Now the kernel is updated, next we go to one of the desktops. I started with Gnome and updated all around gdm, shell, gnome and gnome-core. Once the smaller parts are updated we can go back to those and generally they will simply cooperate and update without removing themselves! I did the same with KDE. The beauty of Synaptic is it will pause a second and you then know many things want to remove. So you simply forget updating that part until all the other accompanying pieces are updated! You can then go back and update those easily and nothing gets removed! I have a firm belief the less use of apt-get -f install, the better! Not saying we never need to use it, but for updating purposes 9/10 is not at all necessary and can be avoided with a little common sense as am trying to explain in this post. We know major overhauls to Linux have ensued since May when this image was created. So we must update all around the major core components so those components can install more easily! Sure is time consuming, but we can then use that time for things we will be doing to adjust the system so it also looks good on the install!

Remember, we have files located in usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas just waiting to be worked! We also might have pictures, themes and icons we can be adding while these updates are being done! In my case, also job apps to fill! Anyway, am just hoping this idea will help someone else in a similar predicament and remain preserved for those that are contemplating building their own systems. Is a lot of work, have been through many many troubles with them and if I can help someone avoid those troubles, you know I am going to!!!! I refuse to sit back and laugh at someone having trouble, nope will jump in and do my best to get them out of hot water!!!! Also best wishes to those building their own. Added suggestions are always welcomed as it helps all of us get better at using our OS's and building them! Will be back with more info as time permits!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Ubuntu Builder updating old images

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Just an update on this project for now is the best build have done to date! You can type apt-get -f install and come up nil or aptitude -f install! Above I stated about just using an updated source list, but the better procedure is just to simply delete the entire apt folder and replace with a new one from similar system. This was done for this OS that is part Xavius and part 2nd the complete system is running without flaws on vbox at the moment. It is the proposed OS for my ole lady. I know I must impress her severely or she will snub her nose at Linux forever! Now I wish I could have gotten Ultimate and just continue slowly but surely getting better. Still, I did want to hit the mark this year and am grinning I finally put one together without major hassles! Still a bit to go as need a few more dependencies for virtualbox! I just do not want any hassle when she goes to use Windows on it! Her Windows went south yesterday! If you don't remember was printing yellow and all kinds of dll's gone and too much of a nightmare to reassemble. She thought it could be fixed, but of course when she put the disk in, bye bye everything fresh as a baby with zippidy and would be way too much time to get it going right! So least will have her on my newest and she will get to enjoy the delights of Linux once and for all!!!!
As have said before even one of my hap-hazzard systems outdoes that OS!!! Anyway just figured some might be interested in the progress. Will tell more when time permits. Many things going on at this time. 3 Jobs pressing, so one has to come out of all this!!!! Cash is something that is really needed here!!!! Well am back to it!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:49 am

Going to be real honest. You know if I had cable would go much quicker. Most of the troubles I have gotten myself into have been caused by lack of speed! See Linux files are highly compressed at most times. Linux has the best compression tools and boy do they take advantage of it! So when these parts download and make it halfway, there's where problems come in! Next, when we put these images together we are limited if using a bunch of desktops/programs as I do! Am thinking next time around to just go with 3 or 4 and no more! I get blasted hard when it comes to these utilities and then presto will not make the disk no matter how hard I compress it! I have not made one yet that has been less than 4.3 gigs! It is all kind of crazy as Oracle can make these huge images, hardly nothing on them, but still they are twice the size of Linux's! Now, in real life who really uses DVD's to put one of these distros on???? You would have to be insane to do it that way as takes too much time!!!! Flash will load in no time. Disks take forever! So am really wondering when the aspect of the disk being to large to be an image will be lifted???? These systems are just too complex and need more room. We are not using Win 95 no more!!!! Or should say Ubuntu 10.4! Insane needs to be a higher allowance! Say about 6 gigs? Hey, is a lot of work to do mods, so do not even think it would be rougher to do this stuff!!!! You can do it! If I can, anyone can!!!! Just have to think about what you like for programs and get the image and put it together! Never a rush on it, just take your time!!! Usually what I have been doing except for number 2 and was a bad thing to hurry it! Should have stopped a few days, gathered my senses did my finals and then continued! Ah live and learn! Anyway best of luck always in what you do Xxjoker!!! You're good people, honor to have people here like you!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:41 pm

Kingston's a winner! They make good stuff! Just a drag Linux still has us limited to this 4gig stuff! Needs to be upped! We are not making cheap toys anymore! We are making OS's that out function the other 2 so-called giants by far! Not taking Unix into consideration, they still need a little help. Not down on them at all as they have some brilliant minds working on things. Am sure in time they will catch up to Linux! Love my sandisk's! Figured if they could do an mp3 player correctly, they should have no hassle making flash drives! Of course we know they have pretty well cornered the market with their high quality, so yes I stay a big fan of them! I can not remember what type my 16gb flash was but of course after about 5 uses bit the dust! Had some flashy light in front, no more flashin, no more working!!!! Not sure how I got 2 sections here for the same post, but am grateful. I intend to put some more info up on the other within the next few days! Combo system is up on the ole lady's computer at present doing pretty good, so am grinning! Was happy came together well, as this one has a few too many developer toys and afraid she might hit something on accident and some folks might not be happy! Plan to use the development tools when I get a bit more proficient. I do not want to publish fixes that do not work! On this 3rd OS for the first time am watching bzip work away to make this vdi image small! First shot ever seen it go longer than 5 minutes without an error! 7zip a bust this time! Is working but compression sucks! 20gigs to 14.5? Last time did it to 6gigs! Guess can not get everything to run exactly right all the time! Little muff on some audio dependencies on the ole lady's OS, but nothing terrible! Will fix it tomorrow. Loads of files these system, way too rough for me to keep track of every single one! Is why I always say, can never figure how TheeMahn can keep up as well as he does!!!! Sure he's incredibly brilliant, but when you have over 4,000 files, to know every one of them??? Well back to the fun!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:22 am

System is not as effective as it should be, but of course it comes from its original construction. Originally it was the 877mb iso that contained Ubuntu/Unity/Gnome mix that is probably worse than the picture I made for Cinnamon! No, that combo is worse than the pic, that pic is a trip and I do believe it to be a work of art to combine 3 pictures onto a desktop! Remember on current OS, I am only combining 2/3 this other incarnation, resurrected image runs all 3. Below you will see the picture that proves that. Now remember some of this information is for those of us that get overage charges. Here is some more ideas that work for construction. Now at present I am looking at repairs for this resurrected construct. It now resides on my laptop and the ole lady's machine. So we have the benefit of checking for missing files thru synaptic, when we are more familiar with the issues. Issues presiding are audio, cd/dvd read and some wine related. So I have some clues to what is missing. I have also figured most of what needs to happen. Now to risk overage should I apt-get update, apt-get install on 2 machines and for the image? No! So the solution is http://www.ubuntuupdates.org. I simply download the dependencies via debs then install. If you remember is one of the reasons I use Ubuntu-builder for these images at points to simplify as to spend less time. Sure I could command line it back open and take 20 minutes doing so, but I need time for other things! Am not a pro at a total system diagnose so it takes longer. Prior posts I have had comments about debs. Now the question goes out to those that say debs are not so great, as to why when we put these systems together are they always used?????

We all know the answer is simpification! Debs are like the Windows exe's simple to use and boom done. I mean could you imagine compiling an entire OS??? Probably take you til 2020 to get one of these 2013 OS's together! Not that long, but way to ridiculous to be considered a valid option to consider, especially when it comes to larger OS's. Those that contain the full compliment of desktops. Of course that is where problems also come in as each desktop must be in sync with the rest! If this is not so, we will see issues! Bottles of aspirin are needed at some points with some of these builds!!!! Least patience and another OS that runs right! Of course will never stop the suggestion of using Ultimate as we build. Been there before and is a much stabler position. Of course where else would be so stable when you have TheeMahn that also uses Ultimate to build!!!!! Anyway am back to resurrecting this wild beast of mine! Here's that pic and hope everyone gets a charge out of it! Remember 3 like images in usr/themes/Adwaita/backgrounds/. Without further ado
Attachments
Cinnamon_triple_ripple.jpg
Cinnamon_triple_ripple
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:25 am

Of course downloading and trying to install the debs, I ran into another snag. So as not to leave the ole lady in distress without an OS that is usable, Xavius had to be installed! For those unsure of that name, is what I named my 3rd construct. It comes from an old joke my dear departed friend used to say. John always used to say one day he was going to have a son and name him Xavius! So I figured what better way than to honor him, than to name an OS after him!!!! Is a very nice OS that was simply built from the regular 200mb mini.iso. Most of the problems, I am not going thru are because I am trying to change what that original 877mb image was!

Normal assembly that happens when we are building is all dependencies are installed, especially when one types apt-get install kde-full. Well, on this old image was not the case! So as to repair it properly will take time. So personally, I do not recommend something that needs as much time and work, to go back to and mess with. Most times is just better to build from scratch. Still, I am stubborn and will continue as time permits.

First snag ran into and might mess with today if time permits is 2 debs dependent on each other! So what has to be done in this situation is we usually have to do by command line. Is kind of an annoying situation, when what I am trying to install should have been an integral part of Wine! Meaning when the command was issued to install Wine, it should have been installed. For some unknown reason was not! These are issues I fought when I originally built number 2 system out of that 877mb Ubuntu! Another terrible issue is when Unity is installed, when you log in for the first time, it will never get to the Gnome Flashback desktop, will simply default to Ubuntu desktop! So for this, I did my best to extract Ubuntu desktop, but still it lived on? How, I do not know as I extracted everything that pointed to Ubuntu desktop, but somehow must have been ingrained into Unity and came back! So, I had to uninstall Unity, which was regrettable! Remember now, unity-common is still installed as to not loose tools that would leave the OS in a non-functioning state!

After removing the defaults of Ubuntu desktop in usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas by simply deleting that file, I was able to knock out the original value of background image and have it revert to the properties of the Gnome installation, which leaves the effect same as the one I currently use on Xavius. Of course since I do not understand how the timing works, will not get into that. Least, we do not have to see that awful swiree! I swear some kindergarten kid must have made that for Ubuntu and Gnome! I can not see how people that are so brilliant with designs and looks can come up with something that hideous, so I will blame it on a young child! Anyway that is simply my opinion, back to business. For those wondering how to get rid of that nautious design simply go into usr/share/images/desktop-base/joy.xml and either change the names of the files as you add some of your favorite jpgs or find images of the same likeness and simply rename them.

As of today have a few job prospects so need a bit of time to follow through. Also as I completed all the installs and adjustments to the ole lady's computer, I am still awaiting her verdict! For many of her cheaper games, I just used Windows in Virtualbox. Remember these are not highly graphics dependent! Simple types like Casino games, puzzles and adventures. Do not install games that are highly dependent on graphics in a scenario as such as will not work! For hers is perfect and she will also have Explorer 11 if she can not get used to all the browsers I have installed on Xavius. She had 2 games that were for Win 95 which now work as they should with the help of Wine1.6. Am starting to think will stay back one version in Wine as the continual updates drives me up a wall! Very time consuming and adds to the overage am facing since I enjoy building systems! She does not like Black Beauty III, so of course I changed it to Purple Popper another strange theme of mine! URW Chancery L Bold Italics had to be changed to Sans! So took me a good percentage of the day to get it all set up for her! Of course, something is still wrong with the printer. Prints Yellow and Black only! Is not part of drivers as did the same on Windows, so is something electronic. Not sure, but will do some searching and try to find a solution! I really want her to understand the value of Linux when it comes to printing and graphics! I know that area is going to grab her!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby pam » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:58 am

...and then there are people who dont use ubuntu at all. ;)
Compiling an OS....take a look at gentoo.
LFS is much simpler though.

You do have a quad core...with a minor overclock on CPU and northbridge you would get a performance increase of 12-15% extra.

Forget overclock.....What really matters is the amount of RAM you have.

Ubuntu builder is a toy.
TheeMahn "build with me" section shows how to do it manually....chrooting and installing apps via a proxy build...allowing you to enter a system, manipulating and building it piece by piece.

...and then you have debootstrap...Ultimate Edition 3.7 is deboostraped. https://wiki.debian.org/Debootstrap
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:11 am

Ubuntu-builder is more like a crescent wrench! Is just a quick fix for these old images one might have to update pieces you want to and have an easier interaction with Synaptic to find names of programs you do not know the name of. Basically, a quick fix for some things. To build from scratch you are definitely better off using command line. Also for those in the same position as me without the benefits of a wired/cable connection some of the suggestions of downloading the debs may help one avoid overage charges. Of course that is provided you are doing the same as I was. I was trying to work on 2 systems and an image at the same time. For a single image one is trying to fix these are steps that would take too long and really not recommended.

Remember, it will also be very time consuming to download the debs from Ubuntu update because of the filename lengths. Most of these files are small, then there are dependencies that also may have to be downloaded. I had one that required 20 dependencies, so yes it is a real drag! Still, if you are in this position of wanting to correct a running system and an image, have to be careful of download overages, it is best to do it this way. For those that have cable and have no worries about overage's the best is to open the image by command line and use apt-get build-dep yourprogram. Much simpler will take probably about 30 secs versus the half hour I spent last night!

These ubuntu's are wearing a bit thin on me and have thought constantly about next image I do being arch-linux. Maybe sometime will venture into Gentoo also. Still, have to watch how I do all this as can become very costly! Still, I am after learning all this. Now if some things pan out job-wise will be more than willing to spend the cash! I am after getting better at all this, always have and I promise to do my best to always share what I learn! I will never take the first Ubuntu image again! The 877mb image is a total nightmare! I am still amazed, I actually had a running OS out of it for a good 6 months! I will never understand how that image dropped so many crucial pieces when I was building. I did the same process with current OS, I made a few mistakes and still this one blows the other away by a long shot! I have yet to see one black screen and I saw that about 3 times a week with the other. Now remember though, I do run my systems day in day out generally from 6am til around 7pm so that alone is a lot of stress! I also have a short in the motherboard related to usb! I know this from even running Windows where it would drop usb connections. Is not a constant thing, just maybe a few times a week at best!

Getting back to 4th system, is simply "Out of Order" at present! I have a bad feeling no matter what I try with it, will never be anything more than a problem! Still, as to learn and study as to find out areas where I need to work on to gain proficiency I will work on it as time permits! To simply toss it and never think about it again, I feel is a mistake! I firmly believe in the post I created about being thankful for problems! Remember, if we never encounter any problems, we have either been through them before, know how to avoid them or we simply never learn. So if we do not learn how to take care of a problem, where are we when it happens? The start of Xavius on my computer saw no need for dependencies. So far this is the closest I have ever been to an OS that is similar to Ultimate. Sure, there are flaws and some imperfections, but for once I really can depend on this OS! So am very very thankful for that point! Of course without all the help and assistance I have received on Ultimate, this success would never have been achieved! So, once again the success of Xavius belongs to everyone on staff from TheeMahn down!!!! Thanks from the bottom of my heart!!! Also suggestions on creating these systems avoiding overage charges will always be appreciated! I am sure I am not the only person in the world, in this predicament!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby pam » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:10 am

If you are headed the arch linux way --- go manjaro.
Manjaro is a gui setup out of the box so its more friendly to newcomers. It is now, what ubuntu was Once upon a time and even better.
pacman is superfast.
mhwd is a manjaro tool with exceptional powers.
Manjaro has absolutely no overhead.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:26 am

Sounds great! I do not mind the ubuntu mini-remix but in a way is getting old, I know for sure I will never take the completed one with their awful looking and dysfunctional desktop! Have been using Linux about a year and a half, built 3 systems, yet I can not figure how that Ubuntu desktop could be useful to anyone! Sorry, if anyone takes offense, but is just my opinion. What has severely impressed me about Arch-Linux is also the amount of information available. Many times when I search for information on the Ubuntu side I get pointed towards Arch-Linux for a solution! Most times I find posts in Ubuntu where people just wave off the flaw as something maybe next time will be corrected! Seems much better descriptions for Arch as how to solve issues. Maybe that point will also help me become a better builder. All I know is I love doing it! I am not making the greatest OS in the world, but least is decent and effective! I just want to keep improving and make less mistakes. I am still crying on my poor choice to try and get 3.10 on Xavius. If it were not for that folly or foolish mistake this OS would be even more impressive than it is!

I would not put this distro up anywhere as does have some issues and I would hate to have some user be faced with any hassles whatsoever. I remember my first build, I was so proud of it, thought was so so great! I would have been laughed off the internet for how poor it was! Sure, I would upload to TheeMahn so he would be able to see the idea of it and give me a take on it. Of course without cable, that can not happen! How I wish hicktown here would wake up and understand they need to stretch that cable out this way to get more customers! As I continually say, TheeMahn, you and everyone here are my inspiration to keep pushing and make things better! Is well worth it, as I know a great OS can make a huge difference in someone's life as I am a prime example of that fact!!!! Had I not been so highly impressed on all the workings of Ultimate, I would not even be trying half of the things I am! So in turn, I hope one of these days I will create and OS that can do the same for someone! I just brings an intense beauty to much of the ugliness we see in our world today! Many are out to destroy great things, still least there are those of us that want to push on and make things better! I am more impressed on that fact and will live that way til the day I die!

As I am a bit wore out on 13.04 am waiting til 13.10 comes out somewhere, most likely next month so I will not risk any more overages! Apt-get update tends to run into many megs at times during the build process!!!! Also the expansion of files and next size at points! Cable users do not have that fact to worry about it, but us 3 and 4g users do! As have said probably a zillion times, wish I would have been doing this when I had cable in Illinois, instead of just frivolously downloading the internet! What became of all those downloads? Most tossed, others shelved gathering dust and no longer any valid use to anyone!!!!! A sheer waste of time! Had I been doing what am doing now and had more experience at present, I am sure it would have also been beneficial to helping me obtain employment. Presently, I am faced with many scams and I'll give you a call! Not good at all!!!! Still, I know there has to be some bright light at the end of this dark tunnel! Anyway no more crying, back to searching and working on things!!!!

For those that have been following this post, I am going to have to issue another statement when you have found you needed 20 debs to complete the dependencies for programs needed to complete the image. For this you will have to open the image by command line. To try and use Ubuntu-Builder to install 20 debs, especially when you do not know the exact order to install them in, will have disastrous effects. Once the image is opened we can point terminal to a folder with those 20 debs in there and issue the command dpkg-i*.deb this will then install all those debs without having any fallout of wrecking programs associated with them. I am also cutting that old image loose! 2nd system was a disaster on load with nothing but dependency problems. I am sure most everyone here remembers the "apt-get build-dep" article I did! Was solely based on that OS as I did that for close to a week straight before that OS ran even halfway right! I thought I had a way to correct things for it, but was deadly wrong! Now the image just gets examined for why it all went to pots, and eventually tossed! This is why will be refreshing to move onto 13.10 and then the next! Get wore on just one!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Rants and Raves