Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Google's Change Colors 2.144

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Re: Google's Change Colors 2.144

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Pam, that is absolutely gorgeous! Love it! See, I am like a child learning how to ride a mere bicycle. You are the adult that can do wheelies on a motorcycle! I am struggling with all this as am not the brightest! Xan, great point, perfect will have to put some examples up. What I am doing now, I pretty much consider cheating since I have merely colored png files, which am sure everyone will say is child's play. For me is part of the learning process. I do not understand every last detail of the desktop. Others do and others just wing it. I have been winging themes for a few months and now am really striving to do them right. A good laugh for both of you is I did not even know what alpha was! Now I do and am taking advantage of it. Below is an example in Gnome Tweak where alpha's instead of shades are used to make it appear in a distance, as I believe backdrop should appear.You will notice the amber is transparent and the wording on it looks ingrained as is also set to a lower transparency. Also the highlighting around the frame has also been adjusted to backdrop. Everything now fades. This is a concept I had no understanding on until, I started working on the original Black Beauty. I would simply love to carry all these effects to programs so all would match but I am just not smart enough using the gtkrc to accomplish this. So therefore I am stuck with full colored png's, probably something that dates back to 2010! Still, how else can I learn? I live in an MS dominant community! Besides, the internet I know no one on Linux that tries anything like I do! Even on Gnome Looks, who is really concerned about all the effects and actions? I could also count on my left hand at the amount of people on there that use coloring for text! Next, who changes scrollbars from red to amber to grn? Most everyone else simply brightens that dingy gray! Next clicking on buttons once again color change, not brightness change! I always dreamed of seeing this done and to me is awesome to make it happen. Maybe to others it plain sucks, but to me the other way sucks do to its lack of creativity! So, with some things am doing am stabbing in the dark! Still is worth it as to achieve what I want to see as it also may be what others would like to see! Here's 3 pics, first two explained already and 3rd is how this page is appearing with original topic, this rant was about
Attachments
Inactive_Gnome_Tweak_BB3.jpg
Inactive_Gnome_Tweak
Colored_PNGs_for_LibreOffice.jpg
Cheating_with_PNGs_on_LibreOffice
Chrome_Color_and_BB3.jpg
Chrome's_Color_and_Black_Beauty_III
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Rants and Raves