Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Are Changes to themes good?

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Are Changes to themes good?

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:36 pm

I know have complained about this before, but is just rough seeing the same old, same old! I look on Gnome Looks and see basically the same themes over and over like a broken record. Then I put mine up and am severely lucky to see any of my themes reach 200 downloads let alone go over! Then I see some theme from a few years ago, soar through the roof! Now sure, I can understand when there is a great deal of special coloring to it, to do so. I am not talking about those! I am talking about ones that are so dreadful, a 7 year old could put to shame! Am just lost on how someone would want their computer theme to look like something way back in 2002??? Basically, the same effect can be achieved by forgetting comas here and there!!! Actually, as have downloaded a few here and there, have seen that fact! Am no ace at all this, but just think if one is to have a theme, it should be a little more eye catching than dreadful. Am I wrong? Ever since I got into the text coloring is just something very magical to me! I do not even want to see a theme anymore with Black and White text. Why? It is absolutely boring and no challenge whatsoever! Anyone can raise white coloring from say #bbbbbb to #dddddd so what is the challenge??? Now when you go from say #944d00(amber) to #009494(light blue) isn't that just a little more exciting? Then say for coloring on the gnome calendar, in the past have done 3 colors in shell or regular theme to exemplify headings and numbers. Isn't that nicer to see than just light and dark white??? Then when we have different textures of coloring, and to get that text coloring so it can be read easily takes time! Is just not something that can be done in 2 seconds flat! So to me it just seems like the white and black text is just the lazy man's way out! Just curious what everyone here thinks??? Basically, with the low turn out for downloads on my themes, I feel I blew it for the mass populous.Am getting to the point will just create them for myself since no one seems to enjoy them. I just thought it would be exciting for people to see a nice change, but apparently am really wrong and just a fool about all this! I would even love to see this coloring of text go into effect for the entire internet! Why? I am on a computer! If I was reading a newspaper I would expect to see just black and white! Even some of our better programs on TV have incorporated colored text! So why can't our computers no longer look like we are reading a newspaper????
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Are Changes to themes good?

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:51 pm

You have had around 3500 downloads of your themes, if you consider that many of these are updates and variations of the same themes that's pretty good. Still, I wouldn't spend too much time concentrating on numbers, as the variables are unaccounted for.

For the record I did put Delorean Dark Theme on Diamond, and I could use some themes, but I am just...waiiiiiting for 13.10 to come out so I can jump on 14.04 beta and go from there. I think I need blue/silver variations if you are interested, but I am not deviating from the standards so much with text color.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Re: Are Changes to themes good?

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:22 pm

Thanks for your honesty, is deeply appreciated! I suppose it is kind of new with these text color changes, just seemed was a good plan. Just would like to see the numbers go a bit higher and best would be to get comments related to what is technically wrong with the theme. I am hunting things down, slowly but surely. I sure wished someone would have told me some things are not working correctly, as that is the main goal! If I can not get things to work properly, I do not learn! That is the big reason am waiting for TheeMahn's theme repair to come out. I know that will teach me more than I am learning! Who else knows how to write a theme correctly??? I put the Ambiance-Reborn back up on a version 2 and just found out I blew the color scheme in the menu! Black Beauty II was a little light on the text coloring and is difficult to see the calendar heading when is light outside. Headings were way too light on the calendar looking real sloppy. Never added horizontal to scroll bar or trough's, terrible over-site. Maybe, I was a bit offensive when I said to keep negativity to themselves. I was just seeking to weed out those that wanted to just say "You're theme is ugly!" Why? What am I going to learn from that? I am seeking mature comments on the workings and overall display. Now if someone comes at me and says "I can not see anything when I enter information on a search menu" then I would learn I did something wrong. So I guess is a double-edged sword when I flat out said to keep negativity away! Everyone here is much more professional than that and is why I seek thoughts and advice here! Recently, I have delved into some lighter theme coloring and is also interesting. I just find it more of a challenge to match the text coloring to add to the theme. Bright to dark white just never was any challenge at all. In the works at present is another Black Beauty but will be some time, since this one is it for that line til Gnome 4 or when it does not work anymore, whichever comes first. Not sure when I will get the chance to get 13.10 as presently, things are real tight! Hoping you will let me know some things as you are great at doing that! Still hope others will read all this and give me their thoughts as it all helps. Still once again really appreciated!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to Rants and Raves